Sign in to follow this  
Captain Becker

USS Hawk

Well, since i finished my first LDD ship, wich succeded very well at me. (NOTE: I might upate it a bit yet but its kinda finished) I couldnt just sit and started to make another one. This time for a bigger ship, i think at i tooked my ship building a whole new level in LDD. Heres some WIP shots, NOTE: I started to make it today and got it pretty far at me.

Left side shot:

lddscreenshot20.png

Bird eye view:

lddscreenshot25.png

And as you can see the minifig can now stand in its full lenght:

lddscreenshot22.png

And the cannon dsing, thanks to Matteo1130 who let me to borrow the desing:

lddscreenshot23.png

lddscreenshot24.png

What you think about it? I guess this is pretty good.

Captain Becker

interesting project!!

i like very much the addons on the cannon design, the clips on the sides could hold a weapon or the cleaning rod.. maybe they could look better with a double 1x1 reddish brown round plate as wooden wheel!

i have another tip for you: i've seen you are building the hull with "one stud step" on the sides. this technique is good to join the single sections but it lets a visible step... you can use the brackets, the bricks with studs on sides, the techinc bricks with pins, the 1x1 bricks modified "head light" (4070) to add 90 degrees perpendicular tiles on the sides and fill that gap.

ok, i know i'm a "spaghetti eater italian" and my english is very poor :pir-tongue: so you can see what i mean in my post "small stern, bow, mid sections".

i can't wait to post my WIP frigate... but the shipping of the pieces is taking a loooong time :pir_bawling:

ok, i know i'm a "spaghetti eater italian" and my english is very poor :pir-tongue: so you can see what i mean in my post "small stern, bow, mid sections".

i can't wait to post my WIP frigate... but the shipping of the pieces is taking a loooong time :pir_bawling:

mmmmm, i love Spaghetti, actually i like very much pasta and spaghetti plus chicken. And your english is not bad, i understanded every word (Or so i hope). I tryed that technique once and it wasnt very succesful so :pir-look: But im glad at you like my work at the moment, and what kind of ship you are gonna build. Frigate, sloop??? And how many guns it gonna be? On this is now totally 18 on lower deck but it will increase on 25 or 32 if i counted right.

Captain Becker

i've tried to make a 40 gun heavy frigate.. but i want this ship completely playable for wargaming with friends and two decks 5 bricks high each it comes too much for the width (only 22 studs on enlarged old sections). i hat to build a one deck light frigate. 24 gunports on the main deck... hope to put some other gun on the upper deck (discovered) like seen in the book "the history of the french frigate 1650 - 1850".

with my target to produce a completely playable ship without removing any part during a wargame i've foun a way to make the sides of a minifig illusion scale ship nicely round in the front view.

if this project takes the right way i'll be glad to share this idea with all the other shipbuilders ;) (when bricks arrives, it' a week that the order shows the "processing" status)

It's looking good so far but I think you could lengthen the widest part a bit towards the front.

There's still a bow to come so it will become longer so I think it may look better when you do that.

The cannons are nice. In the future, some lanterns and inverted slopes on the roof would also look good.

The rest of this ship looks fine IMO, and I always like the black and white colour scheme :pir-sweet:

Good luck!