Sign in to follow this  
Siegfried

MOC: Von Nebula's Tricycle of Transcending Transportation

For some time Von Nebula has been portrayed by Stormer as being the "worst villain of the galaxy" and that he has a "special hatred for Hero Factory". Well the latter is right at least. Von in reality is a brilliant scientist who refused to give Slime Bag Stormer his secret knowledge; how to generate stable and controllable Black Holes from a simple looking staff. Their debates raged for several months, and cumulated with Stormer the Stupid trying to grab the staff during a complex procedure resulting in the much publicised accident. By the time he brought the black hole under control and saved Makuhero City, Stormer the Slanderer had won over the public and nothing Von said made any difference in their mind. But that's a topic for another day.

DSC06441es.JPG

Von keeps his body at peak efficiency by shunning powered vehicles. Sure if he's in a hurry he just uses his staff, but for everyday transportation he uses a tricycle. This tricycle.

DSC06438es.JPG

Conceived, designed, tested and built with his own hands, this is a tricycle like no other. The geared up giant front wheel gives him maximum speed and control.

DSC06440es.JPG

At the rear is room for his staff. These days it's keyed to his mind so no accidents like the one with Stormer the Sloppy can happen. It's heavier than it looks so there's little danger of it falling out. (No, you can't seem me reflected in this photo.)

DSC06439es.JPG

The extra storage receptacle at the front is useful for many tasks, especially when Von goes shopping.

DSC06443es.JPG

Due to the mechanoid nature of those from Makuhero Belt conventional pedals aren't needed; Von just inserts the Power Delivery Shafts into his feet and he's ready to roll!

DSC06446es.JPG

The trike by itself.

DSC06449es.JPG

The mech and his trike.

DSC06450es.JPG

Lotso: Can I borrow this, friend? I need to do some shopping.

Von: Sure!

DSC06447es.JPG

Lotso: Maybe it's not a smart idea. I can't reach the handlebars or pedals and, no offense, but it's rather uncomfortable on my face and testicles. I'll walk.

Notes: This is not a valid entry as I'm staff. I more made it as after I bought Von I thought; "He needs a tricycle!" I'm not sure why I thought that... :blush: In any case, here it is! Making a tricycle with working pedals (yes he can pedal the trike) for Von was harder than I expected. His legs may be poseable but considering the wheel I used they are a bit short. Thus the gearing. My original concept was going to be more girly; streamers, bell, flags.... but in the end I decided to just give him the basket. :laugh:

Actually, though, it should go in this thread.

A Gundam? :look:

I'm assuming that was a mis-link and you meant the entry topic? I didn't do that as this is not a valid entry since I'm staff. (I'm not eligible for prizes from TLG or from site advertising.)

:grin: Ah that made my day.

Interesting MOC, Siegfried! Like a tricycle and a Penny-farthing mated. :tongue: I love the back-story behind it, very good. :laugh: The crazy gear system for the pedals is certainly unique, but I'm all for it if it means he can actually pedal this thing! Now you just have to make it into a stop-motion... :wink:

Very nice tricycle! And Von Nebula really looks a very mean badass villain. Great job on these Siegfried! default_thumbup.gif Though the trike kinda looks too childish for Von, but I like the 'contrast'. As usual, the last photo is oh so fun! We had Tonberry before, now we have Lotso! Really perked me up! default_laugh_new.gif So who's next, Hello Kitty? Pikachu? default_tong.gif

Edited by KielDaMan

I'm assuming that was a mis-link and you meant the entry topic? I didn't do that as this is not a valid entry since I'm staff. (I'm not eligible for prizes from TLG or from site advertising.)

Apologies! Multi-tasking sure comes at a price. :laugh:

And thanks for the clarification. I'll take note of that in the future.

Wicked trike! For a second there I thought Lotso would steal it. Thank goodness it makes him icky on the berries. :grin:

Edited by Leo-J

I feel sorry for poor ol Lotso. Please please please build him a tricycle!!!

Von Nebula is cool and all, but... Lotso would be so much cooler on a tricycle :cry_happy:

Awesome creation, Siegfried. This is one of my favorites of yours. It really shows off your smartyness. It's nice to see you tackle a complicated Technic build. Really cool Hero and awesome back story. As always, I love the creativity that goes into the story that revolves around your MOC. My favorite part of your MOCs are these elaborate, goofy and creative stories that accompany them.

Haven't seen a lot of Hero Factory MOCs yet, but I have noticed the pieces seem more advanced than the Bionicle molds. Or maybe I just like the faces. Anyway, it's awesome to see that green wheel put to good use and I really like the organic look you achieved for Von. The one thing I wish we had with LEGO was a beast factory, that looked organic instead of metallic. But, what you've created manages to look both. Very cool spikiness to go along with your smartyness. :sweet::thumbup: Awesome work, Sieggy!