Sign in to follow this  
Legostein

Who says cars can't fly?

gallery_6705_156_158.png

Hello everbody!

Today I'd like to show you something different from what I normally do. It's about alternative models using only pieces from one particular set. Of course the idea is old, but the more alternatives you have, the more fun with the set you can have. Additionally this might be interesting for those who only have a limited piece stock during the week while working at some different place. :classic:

The set we're talking about now is Creator Set 6743 - Street Speeder (Lugnet set reference). It's a cheap set (9.99 EUR / 9.99 GBP / 12.99 USD) but comes with a good parts variety. So this leaves space for alternative models besides the three cars for which instructions are provided. :classic:

You can build a plane for example... :wink:

6743-green-plane-1.jpg

6743-green-plane-2.jpg

6743-green-plane-3.jpg

6743-green-plane-4.jpg

The plane itself is a simeple but clean construction. The colour scheme is consistent without any disturbances to to lack of correctly-coloured pieces. However it was not as simple as it looks to arrange imagination with the limited pieces. The stand (windscreen) is also part of the set. :classic:

I hope you liked this little study. I can highly recommend this set. There's a lot playability potential in it. :classic:

Thanks for stepping by, and see your around!

Yours Christopher.

Excellent creation 'Legostein' - great use of this set too ! :thumbup:

Almost a midi-scale cargo plane of a few years ago - good one and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

That's a sweet little jet. In my mind this is just the sort of things Creator sets are meant for.

Cheers,

Ralph

Hello!

Thank you for the kind comments everyone of you. :classic:

It's right, I had quite some fun toying around with these little sets. Creator sets are indeed good to keep up creativity. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

gallery_6705_156_158.png

Your model is really nice.

I did something similar for the exhibition of the Czech LEGO forum in 2010.

A plane

plane.jpg

A speedboat

speedboat.jpg

A Formula 1

formula1.jpg

A truck

truck01.jpg

A racing car

race03.jpg

I like all of these variations. Shows how diverse LEGO can really be without adding any other parts to the set.

PS: Am I the only one who thought in their mind "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads." when they read the title of the post? :tongue: