BrickWild

Build N Play Wii Remote!

I posted that image in response when someone said it was pointless... which they both are. It's not going to enhance your gaming experience, nor is that case the most practical. No insult was intended, I was just agreeing that they were novelties, as you said yourself.

I disagree, though. You don't take your Wii remote with, generally speaking. Now, since I don't carry a DS around or go to gaming parties, YMMV, but I think a customizable DS shell is a lot more interesting than a customizable Wii remote. And while I think the little Indy scene is cool, you could do any number of things and change the appearance at your whim. Now, you can do that with the Wii remote... but so what? It just sits at home on the shelf unless you're using it, and when you are the functionality is a lot more important than it's appearance.

Meanwhile, I take my daughter to ballet or gymnastics, and before and after class they're all sitting their with their DSs playing Pokemon or something... and then your child (or you) could have a unique case.

To be fair, I wouldn't buy either one, but I think the DS case is a lot less pointless.

Edited by fred67

I disagree, though. You don't take your Wii remote with, generally speaking. Now, since I don't carry a DS around or go to gaming parties, YMMV, but I think a customizable DS shell is a lot more interesting than a customizable Wii remote. And while I think the little Indy scene is cool, you could do any number of things and change the appearance at your whim. Now, you can do that with the Wii remote... but so what? It just sits at home on the shelf unless you're using it, and when you are the functionality is a lot more important than it's appearance.

Meanwhile, I take my daughter to ballet or gymnastics, and before and after class they're all sitting their with their DSs playing Pokemon or something... and then your child (or you) could have a unique case.

To be fair, I wouldn't buy either one, but I think the DS case is a lot less pointless.

Well, some people actually do take their Wii remotes to other people's houses, especially considering you can save your "Mii" avatar onto a remote to use in games like Wii Sports. In this case it would not only be cool to have a unique Wiimote, it would be useful for distinguishing the one that has your Mii saved on it from the others belonging to whatever household you're visiting.

But I think more importantly than that, the Wii remote has only 1x# spaces for tiles. There are very, very few opportunities for customization there- while you could use parts other than tiles and expand your building space, anything too large or extravagant would interfere greatly with gameplay. The DS shell has a huge 6x14 space, which allows for an amazing assortment of customization opportunities. And since it's on the top half of the DS and most games require you hold the system from the lower half where the buttons are, you don't have to worry about textures and shapes built onto the mosaic space becoming distracting.

I'm not really trying to plug the product or anything; I don't own it and can't be sure I'd come up with anything interesting to do with it anyway. But it seems like an interesting product which could be customized about as easily as the brick-built nametags at LEGO conventions like Brickfair. And a true artist with LEGO can make those into something utterly amazing.

:tongue: I understand the use of a case; my PSP and DS have one. But to use LEGO as a protective device? Not a chance.

But I thought I was agreeing with you, and now we're arguing. We're obviously not on the same page so I'll turn around and run; feel free to attack my retreating back... :grin:

I forsee bricks flying through the living room while playing on the wii... (and getting blind in the process!?) :sceptic:

:tongue: I understand the use of a case; my PSP and DS have one. But to use LEGO as a protective device? Not a chance.

But I thought I was agreeing with you, and now we're arguing. We're obviously not on the same page so I'll turn around and run; feel free to attack my retreating back... :grin:

Ahh... it's not arguing, it's discussing... it's not like I'm demanding people not use any of these things, we're expressing opinions.

But you don't use LEGO as a protective case, it's that the protective case has a place to attach LEGO... and people also don't wildly wave around their DSs (I hope) like they do a Wii remote, which actually has very limited build-ability, as Aanchir points out... 1x, and that it! And if you tried to put anything but a tile or plate, you really couldn't use it as a controller. I could build a whole vignette on the back of that DS cover (not that I recommend it, and it would have to be limited) and still use it to play.

Hi Big Cam,

This topic was posted on the 25th of September, here in Other LEGO Themes.

Thank you. I had looked for an existing thread but obviously not hard enough. Also i only looked in this forum since it seems like the obvious place for it. Thanks for merging it seiggy.

Besides looking red, the brick separator doesn't look 'standard'. Could it be specifically designed for this? I'm guessing it is, because for a standard brick separator there would be no 2-wide spot available to lift off the tiles.

Besides looking red, the brick separator doesn't look 'standard'. Could it be specifically designed for this? I'm guessing it is, because for a standard brick separator there would be no 2-wide spot available to lift off the tiles.

Yeah, I figured the same thing. While there is a 2-wide gap at the base of it for removing whichever tiles are at the bottom, I doubt they'd include a brick separator if it didn't work for the tiles wherever they were placed.

My friends ordered me one of these and it came yesterday. I turned it in to a red and yellow banana. It didn't come with a red brick separator, just the little wrench like the board games do.

5103052467_088ccf61b1.jpg

The banana wiimote is fully functional, I built in the appropriate holes:

5103048987_c0ed851871.jpg5103048699_33ff6f4da6.jpg

My friends ordered me one of these and it came yesterday.

:laugh: Very good work! I'm surprised there was no separator though.

:laugh: Very good work! I'm surprised there was no separator though.

Yeah, my guess is that the red separator cost too much so they went with the cheapo wrench (though it works well)