Sign in to follow this  
Kernow

8129 AT-AT White Sticker Sheet

Having bought my new AT-AT from Toys R Us in the UK, I opened the box to find that the stickers have been printed on a white sticker sheet rather than a clear one. :angry: This means that the grey view port at the front is looking a rather white now. Not good!

8129_at-at_sticker.jpg

Here it is applied. You can see that it is opaque white rather than transparent.

8129_at-at_sticker_applied.jpg

It should show the colour of the plastic through it like the one in Jammiedodger714's review:

sricker.jpg

st10.jpg

Has anyone else had this problem?

Edited by Kernow

The sticker itself is probably clear, all sticker sheets are white. But, I don't have this set, so I can't say for sure.

Edited by Legocrazy81

That's pretty lame. I'm sure Lego would send you a new sticker sheet if you asked though.

Disappointing that it's a sticker given they printed that piece in the 2003 version. But just about everything is stickers these days.

Looks to me like it's just the backing of the stickers. Unless you can provide pictures of the sticker off the sheet, I don't think we can give a much better answer than that.

I've added a photo of the sticker applied to the brick to clarify what I mean. The other two stickers aren't affected as they are completely covered by the printing.

8129_at-at_head.jpg

I don't think it looks too good in white :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Kernow

Wow that's pretty crazy. Still, with all the parts TLG sends out, there are bound to be flukes somewhere. TLG has a customer service line for replacing stuff like that though (here's the link). While it's bound to be a rare occurrence, it's still another reason TLG should stick to printed parts :wink:.

Why did you use it? You should've kept it on the sheet! Anyways, you could just send Lego the pictures for proof and they'll send you a new one.

Now that is weird, why a white sticker on light bluey grey pieces - meh ?

But the question should be asked......is this happening in other sets ? :wink:

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Same for me, in both the AT-ATs I got when they first came out. Strange, but not too distracting. I think JammieDodger's was white as well, thinking back to the review.

EDIT: Yeah, looking at the photos in the review again:

side_views.jpg

Looks like the one on the front is white, the same.

Edited by ben506

Have you contacted TLC if they can send you a replacement?

And look on the bright side - this piece is gonna go for a lot on bricklink. :wink:

I'm wondering which version is the one currently in production. If I ask for another, will they just send me the same as I already have? Has anyone tried asking for a replacement yet?

And look on the bright side - this piece is gonna go for a lot on bricklink. :wink:

But he already used the stickers!

Does that change anything about the fact that it's a misprint? :wink:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

When I got my AT-AT, it was of the clear variety, don't know what to do about the white backings other then call TLC support.

I'm wondering which version is the one currently in production. If I ask for another, will they just send me the same as I already have? Has anyone tried asking for a replacement yet?

That's why you tell TLG what the problem is. Not just I need a new sticker sheet. You need to explain you should have gotten clear backed stickers. Instead, you got white. And of course, what set it came out of. It seems like quite a few...maybe all AT-AT's of this item number have this problem. I say instead of calling, email them and send the pictures in this thread with it.

Strange indeed!

My one is fine, just how it is supposed to be. Perhaps they are trying to make the sticker grey intead of clear to match the part it goes on?

Me too got the white sticker.

Saw this guy on flickr who contacted costumersupport about it and they sent him another white stickersheet. :hmpf:

LEGO 8129 AT-AT Walker: Still stuck...

It'd drive me nuts if I got one of these... at least for as long as it took TLC to send me my replacement. :wink:

Saw this guy on flickr who contacted costumersupport about it and they sent him another white stickersheet.

...and that's just plain unlucky!

Ultimately, for a set in this price range this should've been a printed element but keep on at TLC. If they keep sendign you 'whites' just keep on at them. I'm sure they'll realise their own mistake and rectify it soon enough.