Sign in to follow this  
ApophisV

Apo's Diablo 2 Project - First view

Hey guys,

today I started with my new, long lasting project... Not much to show so far, but nonetheless I'll do it, especially for trying out the new picture attachment feature... ;)

I made three minifigs so far, its Deckard Cain, Fara the blacksmith girl and one of my current characters, a druid (He's called Elhoradon)...

Wether Cain nor my druid are looking very accurate to the original characters, Cain needs to look more wizard-like than he does.... And Elhoradon just... doesnt look like in the game.... The main problem is, that there aren't (or at least I haven't) the right Lego versions of the weapons /armory he wears.... This ugly, bulky thing in his hand is supposed to be a spike shield, I'm not really satisfied with it.... And I want to change his armor, too, I'd like to see a armor like this or even better like even better like this one.

The next point is, that he "only" got a chrome scimitar instead of 'his' cristal sword... ;) And a very wrong helmet.... :|

But nonetheless I've got three figs to make the upcoming MOCs alive... ;)

So any comments?

post-11-1101076347.jpg

The figs look good and have quite a bit of personality, I like them.

For the armor; I suggest that you go look for this set. As far as I know it's still available, only costs you a few bucks, and you also get a nifty golden visor.

And a red transparent hook-for-hand.

Nice start Apo.

Figures really liven up MOCs, so it great to see you have made some good looking characters.

I like the chrome scimitar, that guy looks so cool.

Hope to see what else you make for this project.

Jon.

Thanks for the comments, guys! ;)

Mahjqa, I will directly look if I can get this set anywhere (I have a special mall in mind that also has some other sets like this). Thanks for the idea! *satis*

Jon, I already started to build up the first part of Lut Gholein... Its still in progress, but I think I'll upload pics tomorrow....

Oh, and I found an Ebay seller who will sell me tan baseplates.... :D

i love the figs. you did a great job. if you wat custom armor and weapons:

there is this guy from FBTBFORUMS.NET who makes awsome armor and weapons. he goes by the name of RED BEAN. his web site is

http://www.redbeanstudio.net/

he also has a forum. he sells his armor and weapons for a reasonable price. the only problem is not all of his things are always avvailable. otherwise his stuff is great. also there is a man named Jeff from FBTB.Net who makes awsome armor and weapons. he calls himself BLASTERMAN.

his web site is;

http://www.littlearmory.com/

both of these men have awsome work. there is also a guy named Bill. he is the Armorman. he has his stuff at

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.....cgi?m=ARMORMAN

again the figs are awsome. keep up the good works

Thanks for the links, yesterday I browsed through the Red Bean Studios and depending how much money Santa will give me I think I'll do an order there.... :D

Your minifigs are looking good, i really like the way youve bulked the middle figs shoulders out. As for Redbean his customs are great :)

Here is the first picture of Lut Gholein.... Or to be accurate: of Kara's blacksmith shop...

It needs much work though... The black hut is fine as it is, but the rest hasn't even got more than walls.... ;)

post-11-1102419580.jpg

Looks quite accurate Apo, nice start.

But maybe you could add a bit more detail into the walls, as they looks a little plain.

Jon.

it needs much work but it seems familiar to me, which is good ! I hope we can play the game together again (stop partying !!!) ;) Can't wait to see many more details :)