Andrex

Lego Star Wars II

Aww come now, let's not debate :-D at least we have Tauntaun pics!

And how may one nab the demo? I only get ONM now.

Finally, thanks for the info *sweet*

It'll be another billion gigabyte download I think...

-Tilius-

It is available in the OPS2 (Official Playstation 2) Mag in the UK from the 10th of August.

Gametrailers.com posted a special gameplay for the game here !!

Go and watch it !! its great I cannot wait to play like crazy hehe !!

Enjoy ;-)

*yoda*

Ooooh wow very nice vid indeed, has some great bits of gameplay footage ^^ Thanks for that xwingyoda!

haha :-D . awsome videos! this is going to be such a great game!

I got my new ONM today, a new article but it is all what we know before. It does however have a speederbike screeny, tons of Jabba's Palace and Sail Barge and one new shot of Sidious preparing to fry someone :-D

If you want pics, I can nab them for you ASAP!

If you want pics, I can nab them for you ASAP!

Yes please Andrex that would be really nice ;-)

Now I'll wait anxiously for pics :-P

*yoda*

The demo is great guys. What I think is the entire first level in Mos Eisley is present. I won't spoil too much, but I'll just say that we're in for a real treat here. It's shaping up to be an amazing game, and if they handle all the other levels as well as this one, it'll be awesome.

Nothing beats pulling a stormtrooper's arms out of their sockets ;-) .

I bought PlaystationII Mag for that playable demo (sorry guys, no new pics of the game) and its really great (I didn't expect less :-D ) !

Its chapter 3 of ANH in Mos Eisley !! What sucks big time in that demo is that its limited to 10 minutes of play >:-(

SPOILERS ALERT

Here are a couple of nifty details hehe (and I only played with Obie)

* his force using against sandies is hilarious: the sandie's helmet turns opposite so he is blinded looool

* when I use the force on various parts on the floor, you actually see him build something !! lool

* I gave that speeder a test drive and its fun hehe watch out for that Jawa !! Too late !! loool

There are some really awsome MFs in that Mos Eisley stage *wub* Those would make such a fantastic addition to our MF collection 8-

Hi guys, I downloaded the PC demo and I unlocked the sandtrooper but I don't know were to type in the code! And I can't find the button to talk to "friendly" people either.

EDIT- Nevermind, I beat the demo and have tons of characters to play in free play!

I have all 10 high-tech looking canister things and for anyone who wants the code here it is (highlight to see)

>> NAH118 <<

If you buy the game and use this code you will gain some sort of unspecified power.

Dang, I'm back from holiday, sorry for not being here for the updates ^^

I've got the demo meself now and I can say it's certainly very fun. The controls are a bit dodgy for me since I'm used to playing on the PS2 but so far it has a lot to mess around with!

Remember to check wickettheewok.1up.com daily, and as for those magazine scans, I can stil get them for you, but there isn't THAT much new.

Ciao,

Andy.

New article for y'all! It won't let me post up the screens so check them out at wickettheewok.1up.com

In Pieces, You Will Be

Funny thing about video games: for the most part, they just aren't very funny. In fact, many of the most popular games are virtually laugh free. But exceptions do exist -- like LucasArts' and TT Games' tongue-in-cheek look at your favorite galaxy far, far away in LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy. Build, battle and laugh your way through the events of pop culture's most influential films this September 12 across eight platforms.

So, just what is it about LEGO Star Wars II that tickles your funny bone? "There are lots of things," says David Perkinson, producer at LucasArts. "But I think it all begins with the characters. Unless you've got the heart of the Emperor, you are going to chuckle at many of them the first time you see them -- you just have to. They're so darn cute!"

"I think even if you played it as straight as you possibly could, the very appearance of the LEGO characters would still add an element of humor to it," agrees Will Thompson, character artist at developer Traveller's Tales. "It's just so funny watching these cute little characters battling it out with each other in such dramatic situations. By far, my favorite example of this is every part featuring the romantic scenes between Han and Leia -- it's hilarious watching their relationship blossom in LEGO form."

"There are plenty of funny cutscenes like those that'll have you rolling, and one of my favorites is one of the very last that Traveller's Tales included," says Jeffrey Gullett, assistant producer at LucasArts. "Remember Luke's acrobatics in Return of the Jedi when he jumps off the plank, grabs it and somersaults onto the skiff? Like many memorable scenes, we have that one, but with a clever twist. In this case, Luke doesn't just do a superhuman somersault -- he performs an all-out acrobatic routine with all sorts of jumps from the plank. It's hilarious."

But Perkinson only sees the cutscenes as part of a much bigger equation to gaming hilarity. "Remember, there's an actual game here to play, too," he says, "and along with an immense amount of depth and replayability, the comedic elements play an integral role in elevating LEGO Star Wars II past your typical action-platformer. As funny as the cutscenes are, I think one of the greatest things that Traveller's Tales has pulled off is that you're actually laughing during gameplay as well. No matter how many times I rip a stormtroopers arms out of its sockets or swat a Gamorrean guard as if to say 'oh no, you didn't!' as slave Leia, it never gets old."

"And speaking of Gamorrean guards," adds Gullett, "getting them to rock out in Jabba's Palace serves the double purpose of distracting some of the game's most powerful enemies while also providing one of the biggest laughs in the game. You know how electric guitars are also known as an 'ax'? Well, let's just say those pig guards take that idea pretty literally..."

Also adding to the fun is one of LEGO Star Wars II's most interesting new features, the Character Customizer. You can unlock more than 60 playable characters throughout the course of the game, with new character parts -- heads, torsos, midsections, legs, arms, hands and weapons -- available in this device as you make each character available. Mix and match the pieces as you would with actual LEGO minifigures to create the likes of Darth Threepio, Stormbacca or Ewok Organa -- there are literally millions and millions of possibilities! Then, take your character into Free Play with unique powers...and one of the most unique looks in the galaxy.

"Character customization was something we'd been looking at for a while," says Thompson. "There are lots of cool ideas like that which come very naturally from working with LEGO, but it was the team at Amaze Entertainment, working on the Nintendo DS version of the game, who worked up the customization concept for LEGO Star Wars II. The best thing about the Character Customizer is randomization, which gives you a completely different character than you've ever imagined with the touch of a button. You never know what you're going to get!"

"Yeah," says Perkinson. "With tongue-in-cheek humor everywhere you look (where else are you going to find stormtroopers lounging in a hot tub?) 'you never know what you're going to get' is pretty much the best way to sum up LEGO Star Wars II as a whole."

FINAL STORY: "Episode VI: Your Favorite Moments, LEGO Style!"

*May the Force build with you with versions developed by Traveller's Tales on PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system, Sony PSP, Xbox 360 and Xbox video game system from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCube and Windows, as well as handheld versions developed by Amaze Entertainment for Nintendo DS and Nintendo Game Boy Advance.

Me Wants !! no NEED an Endor Rebel army like that *wub*

Come On TLC !! We have Scouties and Ewoks for Endor but NO rebels !! We need them !! You only need to mold the helmet ;-) + you can have a Han, Luke and Leia in Endor version !! Major characters with same new helmet !!

Its funny how TLC never give us Rebels !! We can have huge Clone armies but the only rebels they did was the Hoth one *wub* (only in 2 sets !!) and nada after !! Whats with that !! We need rebels to fight the massive clone armies loool !!

*yoda*

I got the demo with a PS2 magazine, but it only lets you play for 10 minutes - not nearly enough!

-Tilius-

Weird *wacko* CheatCC has already got cheats for it here! They also have cheats for the game on other platforms.

Those codes were taken from the demo. So THAT was the secret character, I could never be bothered to get the fourth since it meant completing Freeplay and it erases all data etc. Never mind.

Your intense coverage, Andrex, and the demo of the game have made me preorder this game! I preordered it on Xbox360 at the fantastic price of 30

Weird *wacko* CheatCC has already got cheats for it here! They also have cheats for the game on other platforms.

I got all the codes for the first three, and at first I thought you had to type them in, but I had greedo, a jawa, and a sandtrooper in free play without doing anything, o where do you type in the tusken raider code?

P.S. I guess Tusken Raiders come from Italy?

and brown WW hat + Han solo = Indiana Jones! :-P

Too bad the hats fall off as soon as you get hurt.