Sign in to follow this  
Captain Roger

What happened to PirateBricks.com

I have just read your email, phes, THANKS A LOT! THAT ROCKS! I have longtimes without posted, this is because i have lot of things to do, i'll watched that things early

Captain Roger, why wern't you on piratebricks.com? ahoy matie! Finally a place for all of us pirate fans to join together!

in other times i posted in piratebricks.com, and was one of the most active users, but i stop posting when the forum was hacked

in other times i posted in piratebricks.com, and was one of the most active users, but i stop posting when the forum was hacked

Oh, I knew I had seen your avatar before, but couldn't remember. I was user Cutthroat on PB. :-)

hello Cutthroat! how are you? Yesterday i noticed about PB doesn't exist now. Well, nice to see you here

Thanks. :-) Someone should start a thread about PB though, so we don't clog up this thread.

Laddies, I've moved these posts from The Pirate LEGO Directory because its not intended to be a discussion thread. However, these posts do raise the question of what happened to Piratebricks.com.

If anybody knows what became of that forum or anyone who posted there, by all means share whatever you know about the place.

Ah, thanks for spliting the topic, Phes. I was planning on starting a topic about PB, but forgot. :-$

Anyway, it wouldn't surprise me if the owners (webtechie and his brother), just didn't want to pay for the site anymore, and let it get shut down. I know for a while it was down because of that, and after it was put back up it wasn't very active at all. Neither

Webtechie or his brother had been active for months, and there were only about 6 members who still posted.

So, I'm guessing it was just shut down.

Is there anyway we can get former Piratebrick members to post here? I think Mr Webtechie signed up here last year but he didn't really post much.

Is there anyway we can get former Piratebrick members to post here? I think Mr Webtechie signed up here last year but he didn't really post much.

Well, I think most of the Pirate Brick members are members here. The only ones that posted a lot and aren't a member here are TheOrk, Governor Broadside, Capt Redbeard, Cpt. Blackbeard, TheBohrak, and Commodore Sillyhat.

I'm probably missing some, but I think that was most of 'em.

I know that TheOrk, Redbeard, and TheBohrak are all members of Classic-Castle.com, but don't know about the others.

Welcome to Eurobricks, Jeorge! Are you a fan of Pirate LEGO?

Its a shame that Piratebricks closed down so what we hope to do in the future is to create at Eurobricks to fill the void and cater for those who want to discuss Pirate LEGO.

By the way laddies this isn't a greetings thread for those who used to post at PirateBricks.com, we're more concerned about discovering what happened to the website and where those users that posted there are now. So if a former member of PirateBricks identifies themself try not to go too overboard with the greetings, but at the same time welcoming them aboard isn't a bad thing.

For those wishing to introduce themselves properly, by all means create a thread in the Hello! My name is... Forum and you'll be able to have a whole thread of greeting all to yourself.

By the way laddies this isn't a greetings thread for those who used to post at PirateBricks.com, we're more concerned about discovering what happened to the website and where those users that posted there are now. So if a former member of PirateBricks identifies themself try not to go too overboard with the greetings, but at the same time welcoming them aboard isn't a bad thing.

Ok. Sorry. :-$

Anyway, does anyone know a way to find out webtechie's e-mail address? Maybe then someone could e-mail him about it.

No need to be sorry Sir Dillion, you have commited no wrong. I was just getting in before everyone started saying hello which would have thrown this thread off topic to be sure. I think I'm sure anyway!

By the way... Look beneath your avatar...

By the way... Look beneath your avatar...

Ah.. Cool. I am now part of the Not-So-Secret Pirate Society. :-)

I remember Webtechie posted a couple times on Classic Castle, so I looked him up in the member list, but he doesn't have his e-mail listed, and he hasn't been active since April 28th last year, so I doubt a sending him a pm would do any good. :-/

Curse that Brickster for putting the idea of a secret society into everyone's head! If it was a secret I probably wouldn't have made a sub-forum called The Stockade Entrance and put half a dosen threads in it explaining what The Stockade is!

In the future we hope to modify The Stockade so it can fills the void left by PirateBricks. But everything is still in the planning phase...

Now I've just come over here. :-D

The only e-mail address I remember for either of the admins on PirareBricks.com was admin@piratebricks.com (think it was webtechie's brother but can't remember their username), but as the site is down, they can't login to the site to check mail sent to that address... Sorry I don't remember the address of the other brother.

Anyway, there's still the contact feature on BrickLink to their account there

http://www.bricklink.com/feedback.asp?u=kastle_king

hopefully that's not the admin@piratebricks.com address

Welcome aboard Governor Broadside! By that username is it safe to assume that you have a high interest in the SYSTEM Pirate theme, particular the blue coated Imperial Guards?

I wasn't sure if you were the same Governor Broadside for it is highly possible that different users may choose that user name on different message boards. Anyway, feel free to make yourself at home at Eurobricks, there are big Piratical comings on the horizon so don't miss out!

The owner of piratebricks is a member of CC. His username is castlebrickman and webtechie is his brother. I looked up his profile and it lists an email address but it is the one previously mentioned. I know the site went down before because he didn't pay his provider, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case now too. He was getting server space free from his brother but something happened with that and he had to start paying. Here is a CC thread where he talked about it.

Josh

(DreadPirateRoberts on Piratebricks)

The thread you have posted dates back to last November when PirateBricks.com did go offline for a couple of weeks. Since then it has come back online for several months until its recent disappearance, so I assume that thread is not related to what has happened currently.

Webtechie has registered at Eurobricks and has provided us with an Email address. Maybe I should Email him sometime.