Sign in to follow this  
Captain charleston

le tigre

At me its a fine ship, exept at the color is too blue and there could be more sails on it. But i guess its fine ship indeed

Captain Becker

At me its a fine ship, exept at the color is too blue and there could be more sails on it. But i guess its fine ship indeed

Captain Becker

ah i dont have many sail peices but i could put a line of another color in... like red or something

It's pretty good for a first attempt. And, welcome to eurobricks :pir-classic:

thanks it was my first attempt. I will be saving my money for more parts which = bigger ships. If you have any tips for me i will accept them. :pir-classic:

It is a very nice fist ship... my biggest recommendation would just be to lower the walls and put in some slanted pieces where the huls are square... it will give it a much better look until you can add a second deck (if you dont understand exactly what i mean, just ask and I can easily go in more detail, as I am at times bad at explaining)

oh and almost forgot, welcome to classic-pirates/eurobricks! :pir-grin:

It is a very nice fist ship... my biggest recommendation would just be to lower the walls and put in some slanted pieces where the huls are square... it will give it a much better look until you can add a second deck (if you dont understand exactly what i mean, just ask and I can easily go in more detail, as I am at times bad at explaining)

yes i really do not get what you mean by slanting the walls i really dont have that many slant peices if thats what you mean if you have any sites that would help me buy more please recommend them :pir-oh3::cannon:

yes i really do not get what you mean by slanting the walls i really dont have that many slant peices if thats what you mean if you have any sites that would help me buy more please recommend them :pir-oh3::cannon:

Well I mean to take down the walls until you basically are down to about the standard hulls, then put some slanted pieces (like 2x2x1 1/3s) in to make it not so square-ed-ish(I rock at making up my own adjectives!) Even if that doesn't make much sense to you, just getting back down to lower walls so the minifigs can see over them should make it look a lot better. And if somebody understands what i am getting at, please help me better explain this :pir-classic:

Bricklink.com is essentially the biggest asset to buy legos as far as MOCs or anything LEGO goes...

Well I mean to take down the walls until you basically are down to about the standard hulls, then put some slanted pieces (like 2x2x1 1/3s) in to make it not so square-ed-ish(I rock at making up my own adjectives!) Even if that doesn't make much sense to you, just getting back down to lower walls so the minifigs can see over them should make it look a lot better. And if somebody understands what i am getting at, please help me better explain this :pir-classic:

Bricklink.com is essentially the biggest asset to buy legos as far as MOCs or anything LEGO goes...

bricklink is not very organized i cant find anything there! lol

bricklink is not very organized i cant find anything there! lol

Hey, I hear you there... give it some time, and it gets better... I hope so anyway, its what I have been telling myself, ha

Nah, but after a few weeks and some logical thinking, it gets easy

If you don't understand what he is saying, look here. There is many ways to curve the hull so ask CGH.

So, have you made any progress lately?

Oh and just a few sites that might be ok to buy more legos:

Bricklink.com

Ebay.com (duh :pir-look:)

Lego.com (duh... again)

I dont have many yet, but I will edit sme more in as I find them, mmkay...

Oh, and just pitching ideas to our great moderators here at eurobricks... Perhaps some kind of index of sites that you can buy LEGO from? perhaps there is one that I just havent strayed acrossed?

So, have you made any progress lately?

Oh and just a few sites that might be ok to buy more legos:

Bricklink.com

Ebay.com (duh :pir-look:)

Lego.com (duh... again)

I dont have many yet, but I will edit sme more in as I find them, mmkay...

Oh, and just pitching ideas to our great moderators here at eurobricks... Perhaps some kind of index of sites that you can buy LEGO from? perhaps there is one that I just havent strayed acrossed?

as for progress i told you i made the second deck i will be posting the pictures on friday and believe THIS the bluecoats and the redcoats teamed up to fight pirates....aaand then its back to all out war lol

as for progress i told you i made the second deck i will be posting the pictures on friday and believe THIS the bluecoats and the redcoats teamed up to fight pirates....aaand then its back to all out war lol

Very cool ... looking forward to seeing it, although to be perfectly honest I have absolutely no idea what you were saying about the red and bluecoats :pir-tongue: And jeeze, why do you guys insist on attacking us pirates, if you just sent us some treasure from time to time, maybe we wouldnt always maim you :pirate_skel1:

Very cool ... looking forward to seeing it, although to be perfectly honest I have absolutely no idea what you were saying about the red and bluecoats :pir-tongue: And jeeze, why do you guys insist on attacking us pirates, if you just sent us some treasure from time to time, maybe we wouldnt always maim you :pirate_skel1:

im building a ship that'll blow you pirates to china Im ordering the pieces from bricklink :pirate_skel1:

Edited by Captain charleston

I think the blue and orange could give it an interesting look, but it isnt looking so great at the moment... what I would do is try to put maybe an orange stripe going through the blue rather that such un-attached color, maybe make the lower deck not so high up on such a short ship, and on your top deck, dont use 2xanything bricks, but make a pretty railing (look at some other ship MOCs for inspiration). Also, a lot of the walls look a little bit square (especially the bow), so maybe try to fix that up a bit...

Get some of that done, and your ship will start to become a beauty :pir-grin:

EDIT: Also remember, your railings dont need to be so high, especially when using solid bricks... Generally 2 bricks or less is high enough, and really 1 1/3-1 2/3 is plenty high enough... want to be sure the minifigs can see over them after all :pir_laugh2:

Edited by Nosaj

Jason.. i mean Nosaj is right, the color scheme is really werido and the railings are too high. I guess you should desing the whole shiop again and take a look on ship MOC index for more help, thers also CGH (Captain Green Hairs) Build a Frigate tutorial if ya want to check that :pir-classic:

Oh, and the ship could be a bit longer and maby one deck would look much more better than those two decks, it just dont fit on such a small vessel.

Captain Becker

Jason.. i mean Nosaj is right, the color scheme is really werido and the railings are too high. I guess you should desing the whole shiop again and take a look on ship MOC index for more help, thers also CGH (Captain Green Hairs) Build a Frigate tutorial if ya want to check that :pir-classic:

Oh, and the ship could be a bit longer and maby one deck would look much more better than those two decks, it just dont fit on such a small vessel.

Captain Becker

Ha... I have wondered if anybody would realize that Nosaj is my name backwards :pir-tongue: Good work detective...

I think CB may have the right idea on keeping it at one deck, or maybe making it longer so you could add a second...

Edited by Nosaj

Ha... I have wondered if anybody would realize that Nosaj is my name backwards :pir-tongue: Good work detective...

I think CB may have the right idea on keeping it at one deck, or maybe making it longer so you could add a second...

havent been on for awhile and ive made some serious changes its now mostly red on top deck instead of orange and its a redcoat ship now! lol