legomilk

2011 LEGO Creators News & Discussion

Hey guys.

Went to TRU to see if I could find any Hero Factory 2011 sets (no luck), but did spot a Atlantis 2011 set, and this Creator robot. Wasn't sure if it was actually new, so I didn't get a in-the-wild picture.

I did pick it up, though. eec460f1.jpg?t=1289675303

Happy hunting!

Brickipedia confirmed it was a 2011 set.

I have to say at im a bit disappointed at this years sets, but i may pic up some of those. But if that Rescue Robot 5764 comes into stores, im gonna buy it for sure!

Captain Becker

If the the Block House is for sale for $29.99 or less, I will definitly get it. If it is up to $34.99, there still is a good chance I will get the set.Also, the mini airplane and buildings would be nice to get.

:yoda: "May the force be with you."

Thanks for the pictures, most of the sets look pretty cool,but I'm disappointed that they opted for a log cabin rather than a new house.

For the log cabin designers could use log bricks, I don't like it :hmpf_bad: .

What kind of log bricks? You mean the ones from the Wild West theme? Those wouldn't do at all-- the individual "logs" are vertical rather than horizontal, nothing like a real log cabin at all.

It's not a 1H 2011 sets *huh* . Or, at least, we've not seen it in the previews.

Where do you live, Taaron, in Billund :oh3: ?

:laugh: Nope, I'm located in Texas.

I'll try and get a photo set / review once I get my camera set up again.

For the log cabin designers could use log bricks, I don't like it :hmpf_bad: .

People have used log bricks for cabin-type buildings in MOCs. The problem is that it requires a lot of advanced SNOT techniques that can make the model extremely fragile. Unlike MOCs, official sets have to be designed so that they are sturdy and do not use illegal constructions that could damage pieces. After all, Creator houses are advertised for kids ages 7 to 12.

This set seems a little smaller than previous Creator houses. It makes me wonder if there is furniture inside since previous Creator houses had empty interiors.Ā 

Edited by Arigomi

It is unfortunate that neither the log pieces from the wild west sets, nor some of the more clever ways of building a log cabin, would be options here, as the cabin does indeed look lacking. I've lived in Colorado for most of my life, and have thus grown up seeing (and staying in) many log cabins. This one lacks the distinct log look that really makes log cabins different from other kinds of houses. Now, perhaps they were just going for a regular old plank cabin, but I doubt it, judging by the overlapping/jutting out bricks on the corners. I really wish there were some simple and sturdy way to make a log cabin. Perhaps they should have introduced a new type of brick? Unfortunately, creator seems to have very few, if any, new molds.

I think Creator sets are meant to be more blocky, so using log bricks would have been more suitable for another theme. This way the house will also be a good pack of brown bricks and that's good.

I think Creator sets are meant to be more blocky, so using log bricks would have been more suitable for another theme. This way the house will also be a good pack of brown bricks and that's good.

Valid point. I guess I let my excitement get to me--I've wanted to build a good log cabin for a while now, but I don't have nearly the amount of brown cylinders that I would need, and I doubt my building abilities when it comes to the complex techniques that people with good LEGO log cabins use. Thus, I was a bit disappointed. It still looks like an OK set, just not one that I think I'll be getting.

Hey folks.

In order to help out with the new toy hunt, I'm providing the UPC numbers for new sets. This works(for me, at least!) in looking for new toys at Target and Toys R Us, but mileage might vary at Wal-Mart. They usually have to have the UPC on hand to scan to see if they have it in stock. Just ask for a UPC number lookup.

Creator 5764 Rescue Robot UPC #: 6 73419 14383 7

Nice new car. It looks like a beachmobile more than a street car, especially since the wheels look really small on it. The F1 style alternate model looks nice though. The lighthouse has a minifig in it, as does the Hillside House

Thanks for the pics prateek and paul_delahaye!

Some of those sets look really good.

The hill house, but especially the light house are great. Personally, I like that they blend in more and more with the City line. All the new Creator structures use plates as a base. The same thing can be seen in the Kingdoms' 'mill set'. The barn seems to be built on large plates instead of base plates.

The new car seems to be a reinterpretation of 4993 Cool Convertible for a lower price point. It is more compact than the original and uses fewer specialized pieces. Astrid, one of the Creator designers, has said that 4993 is one of her favorite sets. I wouldn't be surprised if she was the one who designed this car.

I had to look closely at the Hillside House before I understood what the name means. The sloping landscape is really clever. The house probably rests on an old fashioned basebrick with plates attached to the sides to create the gentle slope. The car port is a nice change from a typical garage setup. I'm dying to get a closer look at the barbecue grill in the corner.

The alternate builds for the Lighthouse Island have piqued my curiosity. I didn't notice the light brick logo till now. Of course, it makes perfect sense that a lighthouse set should to have a light brick. :laugh:

I am disappointed with two sets.Hillside House canĀ“t be called a hillside, because there is no mention of brickbuilded hill.Furthermore, the architecture of the house is very boring.

Cool Cruiser looks like a pretty weird car.No interesting shapes, no interesting color combinations.Only a poorly chosen combination of the interior due to the body color.

The only thing that I like is the five-seat interior and steering.From this picture I can only say that I dislike it so far and I hope that this is only a prototype in stage of development.