Brickthing

CONTEST: Villain Factory!

contestposter.jpg

Welcome to the first Action Figure forum contest, in celebration of the new Hero Factory line!

While we have been introduced to plenty of heroic robots who save the Hero Factory universe from the forces of evil, it seems that the forces of evil have been rather under-represented so far in the Hero Factory sets and story. So here at Eurobricks we are giving you the chance to fill in this absence of evil with your own devious masterminds, and their souped-up-destruction-orientated hotrods as well!

Categories

Villains:

• Build an evil mastermind to plan and carry out crimes as part of Von Nebula's gang!
  • This kind of villain has at least a basic level of intelligence, and has tact and style in their manner of committing crimes.
  • Entry must be reasonably humanoid, no less than official Hero Factory villains.
  • Entry should be shorter than 30cm/12 inches.
  • Entry must be based around a negative/dangerous idea, in the style of official Hero Factory villains.
  • Post your villain entries in this topic.

Henchmen:

• Build a lumbering giant to assist in felonies and to do the dirty work that the more "sophisticated" schemers would not do themselves.
  • Henchmen are still dangerous outlaws, but prefer brute strength or firepower over brains and strategy!
  • Entry should be at least 30cm/12 inches tall/long.
  • Entry must be based around a negative/dangerous idea, in the style of official Hero Factory villains.
  • Post your henchmen entries in this topic.

Vehicles:

• Build a vehicle for villains to use in crimes, be it supplying additional firepower or providing a quick getaway!
  • Entry must include at least one driver and space for the driver to operate the vehicle.
  • Drivers can be official sets/unoriginal MOCs, but must be the size of an official Hero Factory Hero or larger.
  • Vehicles can be mechanical or organic, and can be aerial, ground, aquatic, etc based.
  • Entry must include at least one function/weapon for villains to use while on the vehicle, aside from mobility.
  • Vehicle must fit in with the style of official Hero Factory/BIONICLE sets.
  • Post your vehicle entries in this topic.

General Rules

• Only one entry per member per category.
  • Only official LEGO elements can be used, excluding minifigs considering the scale that entries should be at.
  • "Real" entries only - no digital entries.
  • There are no restrictions on ratios between SYSTEM/BIONICLE pieces, but the entry must visually fit in with official Hero Factory style and scale, so using primarily Hero Factory/BIONICLE pieces is recommended. (Iconic Bionicle masks can't be used for faces, but less iconic masks that would fit into the Hero Factory universe are fine.)
  • Entries must include a description/bio of the MOC, in the style of official Hero Factory set descriptions on the Hero Factory website.
  • Entries must have one deep-linked picture posted in the entry topic with a maximum resolution of 800x600, and an optional link to a topic with additional images if wanted.

Contest ends on the 18th of October 2010 at 2300 NZT!

• Entries posted after the deadline will be disqualified.
  • Entries that do not meet all the requirements by the deadline will be disqualified.
  • Whether an entry meets the requirements will be at the discretion of the contest host, but entrants will be notified if their entry does not meet the requirements.
  • All entries can be altered/changed as many times as each entrant wishes up until the contest deadline.
  • Shortly after the contest closes, a voting topic will be made for the qualifying entries.
  • Comments and suggestions on entries are more than welcome! :classic:

Prizes

Generously donated by TLC, there is a fantastic prize for the first-place winner of each category:

- Villains: 7148 Meltdown tn_7148-1_jpg.jpg

- Henchmen: 7145 Von Nebula tn_7145-1_jpg.jpg

- Vehicles: 7158 Furno Bike tn_7158-1_jpg.jpg

A few ideas for Villain/Henchman themes

What are you waiting for? Work up a diabolical masterplan and bring it to life!

Edited by Brickthing
Living a day in the future. Mon 17th doesn't exist...

Sounds exciting, I like the new banner, I hope it will be kept there even after the contest here in the Action Figures section (seeing as the last banner was pretty terrible).

primarily Hero Factory/BIONICLE pieces is recommended. (Iconic Bionicle masks can't be used for faces, but less iconic masks that would fit into the Hero Factory universe are fine.)

And what are considered non-iconic bionicle masks? This was rather unexplained and not thought through.

And what are considered non-iconic bionicle masks? This was rather unexplained and not thought through.

Masks like the Hau, Kraahkan or Ignika scream BIONICLE, while other masks such the Rode, Maxilos' faceplate or most Glatorian helmets would fit in with Hero Factory. It's pretty opinionated, but I trust that people's judgment is similar enough about what is "too BIONICLE" to fit in with Hero Factory. If you'd really like though, I can make you a list. :classic:

Yes! An awesome new contest! Those are some pretty good prizes. I have a lot of intresting ideas brewing for this contest.

Can we use parts from the giant knights kingdom figures, as long as we are keeping the final models to the theme? Just thought I'd double check.

I think Im gonna give this one a shot. It will give me a chance to do something with all those buckets of bionical sets I have, and get into another section of Eurobricks.

I can't really enter this contest since all my parts are "too Bionicle-ish" :wacko:

In other words, I don't own any Bionicle sets released after 2005 (except a sealed Bitil)

Edited by prateek

This sounds like an interesting contest!

But does the model have to be built out of Bionicle and Hero Factory pieces? Or can you just build something out of normal bricks?

Can we use parts from the giant knights kingdom figures, as long as we are keeping the final models to the theme? Just thought I'd double check.

Yes, that's fine. :classic:

This sounds like an interesting contest!

But does the model have to be built out of Bionicle and Hero Factory pieces? Or can you just build something out of normal bricks?

If you can make it look like it matches the Hero Factory theme sure, but that would probably be a lot harder with only SYSTEM.

Sounds cool, I'll give it a go..is there only one prize for each category?

At the moment yes, but there might be something smaller such as tags for second and third place getters.

I'll try to make something for this contest, just for the fun of it! :tongue: I own a couple of Bionicle figures and a few Technic sets, so I'll try to make the best of it of what I have. It's a whole different theme as I'm normally into LEGO System only. But I have some nice ideas I'd like to work out. :classic: We'll see.

I may be a bit thick headed, but are we suppose to post our entries by replying to this thread ?

I may be a bit thick headed, but are we suppose to post our entries by replying to this thread ?

No, you post them in the entry threads I created just now. :grin: I hadn't expected anyone to have finished an entry so soon!

Hmn... I'm wondering, does the MOCs have to be exclusively made for this contest? I've got some HF villain mocs around that I even posted on this forum, so I'm wondering if I can use any of them...

I'm not very good at building Technic MOCs, but I think I'll give this a try, just to give my Bionicle parts a purpose. Just some questions though:

What are considered to be "iconic Bionicle masks" (i.e. which ones do you not want us to use)?

Does our vehicle entry have to be themed after one of the HF villains or can it be a generic "bad guy vehicle"?

I'm not very good at building Technic MOCs, but I think I'll give this a try, just to give my Bionicle parts a purpose. Just some questions though:

What are considered to be "iconic Bionicle masks" (i.e. which ones do you not want us to use)?

Does our vehicle entry have to be themed after one of the HF villains or can it be a generic "bad guy vehicle"?

Masks like the Hau, Kraahkan or Ignika scream BIONICLE, while other masks such the Rode, Maxilos' faceplate or most Glatorian helmets would fit in with Hero Factory. It's pretty opinionated, but I trust that people's judgment is similar enough about what is "too BIONICLE" to fit in with Hero Factory. If you'd really like though, I can make you a list. :classic:

There you go.

Hmn... I'm wondering, does the MOCs have to be exclusively made for this contest? I've got some HF villain mocs around that I even posted on this forum, so I'm wondering if I can use any of them...

It would be nicer if you could make something new, because that's the aim of this contest after-all - to get people to create more! :classic:

It doesn't have to be themed to match one of the existing villains, but making a helicopter for Rotor would still be fine.

I'm making a rider/steed combination. In what category would it go?

If it's big enough, it should go in the Vehicle category, otherwise you might be able to make it fit the Henchmen category.