Oky

2011 LEGO Boardgames News & Discussion

I don't see any blank microfigs?

I am assuming he meant "black microfigures".

At one stage in some images I thought I saw some blank microfigs in the green colour - later I saw green ones with the orc (troll :laugh: ) face. I am wondering if this is what he means, maybe some preliminary pics they were faceless or maybe it was an illusion.

No, there is a green one with no printing there. Let me see if I can grab it...

gallery_2351_24_97710.jpg

Ah, the lower left corner. :thumbup:

Ah ha, that is very helpful. :blush:

I wonder what these are represented? Random enemies encounter??? :grin:

Ah ha, that is very helpful. :blush:

I wonder what these are represented? Random enemies encounter??? :grin:

I was thinking some kind of meaningless minions.

No, there is a green one with no printing there. Let me see if I can grab it...

snipsnisnipsnipsnisnipsnisnipsnip

My eyes did not deceive me, or they still are. That's them!

Looking at the image again, these do look quite good when combined together. For a challenge, it might be nice to fill in all the holes to create a complete world map.

I don't know if it's just me, but it seems that the temple-like area (part of the forest region) contains a few transparent blue axe heads! They might make good plasma weaponry. :classic:

I'll probably get the forest part of the game since it's the best looking one. I do want that new helmet though, so if it's not included with the forest, I'll get whatever set it is included with.

So, we got some kind of master set, a barbarian/pirate expansion, a wizard expansion, and an elf expansion.

My best guess is that the blank green microfigs are yet to be finalised. I can NOT by the heart of me imagine TLC would release such awesomeness in boxes and pull some cheap move at the same time in not giving every single microfig a print. This would be so unlike the generous Lego company I got used to over the last months...

Be well all!

Cutty

Now I see them, they're all over the place. I had throught they were just facing the other way. Odd. I'm also thinking they're dummies representing unfinished microfigs. How hard can it be to print a generic microfig? Ramses Pyramid came with eight identical mummies.

In the large picture. I see a cool/ strange monster in the upper left corner of the forest! It is white with a grey face, and floating (on a clear piece) It could be an special enemy. In the upper right corner there apears to be a ork king. There seems to be too many orks :sick: . They should have enemys like vampires,werewolves, and zombies (they could save money by using same decal from monster 4). I cant wait to use harry potter as a mage (if they have classes) in this game.

:laugh:

Here are the microfigs from the 2011 sets released so far:

Ramses' Return:

4615400.jpg4615405.jpg4615408.jpg4615411.jpg

(Note that the first three microfigs are Pharaoh's Quest characters.)

Ninjago:

4615578.jpg4615579.jpg4615580.jpg4615581.jpg

4615582.jpg4615583.jpg4617555.jpg

I have all the microfigs, including those from past years, in this folder (when public). There are currently 52 microfigs in 14 colors!

Edited by Aanchir

On the last picture of the Heroica game there are some really interesting weapons!

And do I also see a tiny helmet??? For the microfigs??? :wub:

(Note that the first three microfigs are Pharaoh's Quest characters.)

I noticed that alright, when I got the set. I thought it was fantastic! I remember mentioning that I wished they'd do something like that in my review of the first Ramses game. I wonder why they didn't mention the tie-in on the box anywhere. Still, hope they'll keep it up.

I noticed that the Frog Rush and Monkey/Banada games are not available in North America but are available in Europe on S@H. Will they eventually be released in NA or are they not going to be available here?

I noticed that the Frog Rush and Monkey/Banada games are not available in North America but are available in Europe on S@H. Will they eventually be released in NA or are they not going to be available here?

I'm not sure... keep in mind we still haven't gotten all the 2010 (or even 2009) games. Maybe LEGO's going to release some of those first instead? Probably wishful thinking, but you never know...

The European releases come in nice orderly waves, but the American releases are sporadic, random, and late. I've never been able to make much sense of the schedule. If they're not slated for release, it's probable they won't be.

On the last picture of the Heroica game there are some really interesting weapons!

And do I also see a tiny helmet??? For the microfigs??? :wub:

I think it's the helmet from Fortaan that you spotted.Translated and copied from the polish toy website that has some info already

LEGO Heroica DRAIDA COVE (3857)

The Goblin army has taken control of Draida Cove, cutting off the region from vital supplies.

Face the goblins. Can you beat them? You can play as Barbarian or Wizard!

LEGO Heroica WALDRUK FOREST (3858)

The Dark Druid hides in the Forest of Waldurk near the fountain of healing.

Use all your strength and skill to break through hordes of lurking monsters .

LEGO Heroica NATHUZ CAVES (3859)

In the depths of the caves of Nathuz the golem lord has discovered an ancient artifact,

through which he can create an army of monsters.

Get to the cave and recover the Scepter of Summoning.

LEGO Heroica CASTLE FORTAAN (3860)

Fortaan has fallen prey to a monstrous army of the Goblin King.

Make your way through hordes of goblins and defeat the king!

Can you find his secret battle plans and return with the artifact - The Helmet

of Protection?

Remember that game with the colorful 2x4 bricks? I believe it's the one called "Lego Champion - 5 Fun Family Challenges" in the lower right corner in this pic: http://i.toynewsi.com/g/albums/2011_Toy_Fair/LEGO/IMG_1958.jpg

EDIT: Yup, I was right. You can see a lot of great pics of the boardgames, including Champion, right here.

Looks like it comes with a great variety of microfigs, including a plain pearl gold one! Might be worth getting just for those.

EDIT 2: Yet more pics from FBTB. All games come out in August:

3846 UFO Attack - 88 pieces, $9.99 USD ($12.99 CAD)

3855 Ramses Return - 99 pieces, $14.99 USD ($19.99 CAD)

3857 HEROICA Draida Bay - 101 pieces, $14.99 USD ($19.99 CAD)

3858 HEROICA Waldurk Forest - 225 pieces, $19.99 USD ($26.99 CAD)

3859 HEROICA Caverns of Nathuz - 217 pieces, $19.99 USD ($26.99 CAD)

3860 HEROICA Castle Fortaan - 304 pieces, $29.99 USD ($39.99 CAD)

3861 LEGO Champion - 216 pieces, $34.99 USD ($44.99 CAD)

5444283026_186da631e9_z.jpg

IMG_5739.jpg

IMG_5740.jpg

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Hmm, the "Lego Champion" game is strange. There's an odd variety of minifigs accompanied by various bricks. I guess it could be a good parts pack, but personally I'm not interested in it.

I can't see that nice helmet! Oh noes! I was right about the transparent blue axe heads though, which is good. At least there's a reason to buy the forest set. :classic:

I disagree, Champion looks like a very fun game to me! If you look at the bottom of the box art, you can see what the five challenges are: target shooting (though I have no clue what the targets are), balance-stacking (the game from the box art where you start out with one brick and have to put a piece onto the tower each turn, and with each turn, you add an extra brick to your piece), brick speed stacking, some kind of color guessing game, and... well, frankly, I have no idea what the last one is, but I'm sure it's fun as well. $35 may be a bit much, but you get at least five games in one! :thumbup:

As for the odd variety of the microfigs, I'm guessing it's like in monopoly where you can choose the piece that looks the coolest to you. :wink:

It's an odd selection of microfigs, alright. Most are reused from other themes; the only one I don't recognise is pink (and obviously the blank golden one). Hurray for gender equality - these are the first non-licensed female microfigs they've ever made!

Steep price, though, for mostly-duplicate microfigs and some purple bricks.

kinda an insipid little musing from me: caveman makes a great giant for heroica. when we figure out how that's played, I'm gonna have to work him in :wink:

It's an odd selection of microfigs, alright. Most are reused from other themes; the only one I don't recognise is pink (and obviously the blank golden one). Hurray for gender equality - these are the first non-licensed female microfigs they've ever made!

The golden one has the orc print, like the gunmetal ones. Probably the dungeon boss.

It's an odd selection of microfigs, alright. Most are reused from other themes; the only one I don't recognise is pink (and obviously the blank golden one).

Where did the yellow female barbarian microfig come from?