2011 LEGO Boardgames News & Discussion

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

From 1000steine.de:

3856 Ninjago-Temple 24,99€

3852 Sunblock 9,99€

3853 Go Bananas 9,99€

3854 Frog Rush 12,99€

3855 Ramses Return 12,99€

Sounds like fun, eh? :grin: Looks like there will be an even better way to get bananas than the collectable gorilla minifig next year.

Update: 24th March 2011 (Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi)

3852: Sunblock

3852-1.jpg

3853: Banana Balance

3853-1.jpg

3854: Frog Rush

3854-1.jpg

3855: Ramses Return

3855-1.jpg

3856: NinjaGo

3856-1.jpg

LEGO Heroica Boardgames,

3857 Draida Bay

Lego-Spiele-3857-Heroica-die-Bucht-von-Draida_b2.jpg

Box image

droida_480h.jpg

3858 Waldurk Forest

Lego-Spiele-3858-Heroica-die-Waelder-von-Waldurk_b2.jpg

Box image

waldurk_480h.jpg

3859 Nathuz Caverns

Lego-Spiele-3859-Heroica-die-Hoehlen-von-Nathuz_b2.jpg

Box image

nathuz_480h.jpg

3860 Fortaan Castle

Lego-Spiele-3860-Heroica-die-Festung-von-Fortaan_b2.jpg

Box image

fortaan_480.jpg

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

I can understand all of them but Sunblock...

Oh, now I know where Ramses was from, The Ramses Pyramid game! But that still doesn't tell us much about the actual game(except that it's likely we'll get mini-minifigs).

I can't wait to see the box covers that always show some form of cheating(throwing the dice at the other persons head is a nice one) that Lego puts in. :laugh:

Edited by indianajones

Interesting names, thanks! Strange that there's only one large game. Nice to see Ramses back, though. More mummies!

I so hope "Go Bananas" will have monkeys in it. Apart from my LEGO, I also have a collection of monkey-based boardgames. What a sweet combo!

Sun Block eh, I wonder if you have to try and 'block' other players in somehow default_sceptic.gif

But I think that Ninjago temple and Ramses Return sound like they will only be good for pieces (Like all lego Games default_tong.gif)

CLICK HERE to see an hi-res preliminary pic of the upcoming boardgames (thanks to Lockon Stratos for posting)! A few comments:

3852 Sunblock - Nothing special here aside from a golden crab and whatever that under the center umbrella is (round 2x2 jumper plate?).

3853 Go Bananas - I count 12 bananas and a monkey! :oh:

3854 Frog Rush - Yellow, red, green, and brown frogs, four each, and blue and gray 2x2 jumper plates. Sweet. The brick-built stork is pretty neat too.

3855 Ramses Return - Seems like a travel version of Ramses Pyramid. No new parts as far as I can tell.

3856 Ninjago-Temple - Micro ninjas and skelletons, plus gold knives and a green baseplate. Awesome, but not really worth the price for me.

Edit: Too late, the pic is gone.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Missed the link, but found another.

Ramses Return might be good for gold parts (particularly those gold ores). Frog Rush and Banana Balance seem to be the best ones to me, both containing a good amount of pieces that I need (frogs, bananas and a monkey).

Interesting--it appears that, with the exception of the Ninjago game, all of the games this wave will be rather small. I hope the gameplay doesn't suffer because of this (though I'm not sure how many fellow AFOLs are concerned about the gameplay, as many seem to see the games as parts packs).

Edited by Mariko

My comments:

Banana Balance -- :oh: awesome, bunch of bananas, monkey and leaves (you can't have enough of them)

Ninjago -- I'll pass it by

Sun Block -- same as Ninjago, altough one of this pieces could be used as umbrella (I don't know English word for

umbrella that protects you from sun :blush: )

Ramses Return -- nothing special

Frog Rush -- wow! 5 red, 5 yellow, 5 green and 5 brown frogs, one word wow --- must have

Sun Block -- same as Ninjago, altough one of this pieces could be used as umbrella (I don't know English word for

umbrella that protects you from sun :blush: )

For future reference, that would be "parasol". Although a lot of people would probably just use umbrella without caring about the distinction.

Anyway, I'm still hoping for the US to get some more of the 2010 board games that were out in Europe. We've gotten Wild Wool and Magma Monster (although the latter was a special edition), and naturally we've gotten Hogwarts. I think Orient Bazaar might have started showing up too, seeing as it's on the US version of the website. But I'm still waiting for Meteor Strike, not to mention Lunar Command. There's just something incredibly charming about Classic Space microfigs. :wub:

I really do hope Lunar Command does come out in the US. I has been a year and a half since that has been out in Europe, so I am doubtful we will see it in the US. For the new games, the Banana one looks exciting.

Edited by Baylego

I'm looking forward to Ramses and Frog Rush, but the others are just okay, except Sunblock, which is just dumb. At least there is a new printed umbrella!

I think one reason that most of the games are smaller in this wave is that they're focusing on Ninja-Go as complete line of games. I hope they continue with some larger games because I think the larger ones are more appealing to adults because they have more in-depth play in most cases.

I'm getting a little tired of waiting for Lunar Command to come to the US. If shipping wouldn't be so expensive I would consider ordering it from overseas.

Edited by CorneliusMurdock

It's a shame that the NinjaGo game uses tan radar dish instead of the new straw hat.

I think Frog Rush is the best one of this wave. The game itself seems to have been inspired by Chinese checkers.

Edited by Arigomi

I shall be getting the Banana game for the bananas,leaves and the monkeys :wub:

I may get Ninjago temple to add to the microfigs to my collection :blush:

Also those frogs could be intresting: Snapes classroom?

I think one reason that most of the games are smaller in this wave is that they're focusing on Ninja-Go as complete line of games. I hope they continue with some larger games because I think the larger ones are more appealing to adults because they have more in-depth play in most cases.

Interesting theory. I don't know if that's really the case, but you might be on to something.

It's a shame that the NinjaGo game uses tan radar dish instead of the new straw hat.

Yeah, but then again, those would be way too large for a microfig! :laugh:

Also those frogs could be intresting: Snapes classroom?

Way to think in the spirit of HP Month! :thumbup: Yes, that set/game is very useful for HP MOCs, if only for the five chocolate frogs alone! :sweet:

@Oky: I thought it was cool that a pirate microfig wore a full size admiral's hat in the game 3848 Pirate Plank.

Yeah, that was kinda cute, but the ninjago hats are probably larger than pirate hats, so that would just look ridiculous. I think micro-sensei looks just right with that 2x2 dish.

Sorry for the double post, but I found this on brickset. Apparently it was given out as a "gift to LEGO employees and business partners". Too bad it's not more widely available since it looks like a good parts pack with that snow-covered tree, trans-neon sea star, and all those brown and tan bits.

2010-2.jpg

Here are some pictures I found on Brickshelf of the games out of their boxes.

The golden daggers from the Ninja Go game look nice. And all the frogs will be great.

Edited by darth yogi