Who Thinks There Are Mini Linear Actuators?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that there are functional, mini Linear Actuators in the backhoe? Yes or no? This is not a public poll, so your answers will remain anonymous.

• Yes
    • No

I wonder what the 2nd half's flagship model will be... unless the supercar is the flagship. Hope not.

That super car looks awesome! A must-buy. :D

Anyways, does anyone want what's in polish on the pic translated? I can speak polish.

Usually LEGOworld in the Netherlands shows some of the new technic sets. But so far i haven't seen them yet.

Has anybody seen any new (and non-confidential) pictures yet?

Looking forward to that backhoe..

I think those small LA's can be really useful, e.g. to create a remotely-controlled gearbox.

I found a polish online store which has some information about the new sets. Short description of the functionality and the number of pieces.

The 8069 Backhoe has working front and rear bucket and there will be new mini linear actuators. So the speculation of the mini LA is true. The backhoe has 609 pieces. So it could be bigger and better but since 2003 we haven't had an official backhoe so it can be interesting. I'm curious about how the new mini LA works. It will be very useful to make automated gearbox and can be good for making a precision steering with PF. :classic:

The 8070 Supercar has abut 1289 pieces so it is quite a big set but im afraid not as big as the previous supercar models. I didn't find any info about transmission system the gearbox will be used for only the four functions. The trend is clear: TLG improves PF system and functions despite the old philosophy of modelling mechanical functions. The PF functions can also be interesting and complex and children prefer it much more.

LINK

Interesting. The Supercar has less pieces than the 8145 and 8653 Ferrari sets. I would have thought that it would have had more with the extra mechanisms.

I came across some pre-release pics somewhere of the backhoe and it looks to be a smaller, much less functional version of the 8455, no pneumatics that I could see, only LA's, and I wonder about those smaller ones if they are really functional or just for show? Definitely will buy it though either way. It will fit in nicely in scale with the 8292, 8052, and the 8264 among other smaller scale Technic models.

I bet the Backhoe will be pneumatic :)

Surprisingly I was very pleased with the functionality of the 8047, I usually only buy the large Technic sets, but that one looked decent for the price, but the 'b' model was crap IMO though...

Comparisons with another backhoe will be unavoidable :hmpf::laugh: .

Usually sets included in this price range are good (#8047 :wub: ...) or at least interesting, so I expect good things from this one :thumbup: .

I spent most of the weekend at LEGOWORLD and didn't see any new Technic sets - there were loads of other interesting things to be seen though...

Usually the 1st half of the year sets are released a week or two before Christmas in the USA, at least that is what I have found to be the case in the past few years. TRU usually gets them first, around my metro area anyway, even before they are available on S@H.

I spent most of the weekend at LEGOWORLD and didn't see any new Technic sets - there were loads of other interesting things to be seen though...

Usually we get a preview of the new (1h2011)sets at LegoWorld.

Remember: it's only 7 weeks until december 16th. (The date that most of the dutch webshop set for a release-date.)

Superspeelgoed.nl (A cheap dutch online store) already has the expected release date and selling price up for a few weeks now. (25th of february 2011, 95,95 euros.) http://www.superspeelgoed.nl/lego-8070-supercar-p-9322.html

Remember: it's only 7 weeks until december 16th. (The date that most of the dutch webshop set for a release-date.)

Lucky you guys there in Europe. Since Lego produces and is headquartered there you always get the new sets first before us North Americans...

I recall being in huge anticipation of the 8043 Excavator and the UK and Ireland had it weeks before the USA did and man was I jealous just waiting for it to arrive here...

Lucky you guys there in Europe. Since Lego produces and is headquartered there you always get the new sets first before us North Americans...

I recall being in huge anticipation of the 8043 Excavator and the UK and Ireland had it weeks before the USA did and man was I jealous just waiting for it to arrive here...

Well, US gets the cheapest prices. I wouldn't mind that but us Canadians get shafted in terms of pricing and availability, we didn't even get the 8258 Crane Truck while the rest of the world did.

Yeah I noticed that Canada didn't get the 8258, I wonder why? Usually the US and Canada get nearly the same offerings. The US actually lost the 8258 from S@H nearly after it was released last summer, then all of a sudden it popped back up a couple months ago on the site. Overseas they still have the 8297 4WD truck for sale, but we lost in the States a long while ago. Weird..

Well, US gets the cheapest prices. I wouldn't mind that but us Canadians get shafted in terms of pricing and availability, we didn't even get the 8258 Crane Truck while the rest of the world did.

Overseas they still have the 8297 4WD truck for sale, but we lost in the States a long while ago. Weird..

I was wondering about that as well. I was interested in purchasing a second Offroader a couple months ago and I knew it would not be available to us Americans so much time after its release in 2008. Bricklink had cheap ones from Europe but with shipping made them just as expensive as those from Ebay or Amazon if not more expensive. I ended up ordering specific pieces from Lego using Lego Direct which when the tires are part of the order came out to be quite expensive. If only I had wings I would fly over there and get the entire set at normal price...if only...:hmpf_bad::tongue:

I agree with you, I kind of wanted a 2nd one just for the parts at the reasonable price but when I back onto the US S@H site it was gone, but it is odd that overseas it is still available. Wonder why they don't ship some over here? Of course same deal with the 8258, available in the US, but not in Canada, weird...

I was wondering about that as well. I was interested in purchasing a second Offroader a couple months ago and I knew it would not be available to us Americans so much time after its release in 2008. Bricklink had cheap ones from Europe but with shipping made them just as expensive as those from Ebay or Amazon if not more expensive. I ended up ordering specific pieces from Lego using Lego Direct which when the tires are part of the order came out to be quite expensive. If only I had wings I would fly over there and get the entire set at normal price...if only...:hmpf_bad::tongue:

I agree with you, I kind of wanted a 2nd one just for the parts at the reasonable price but when I back onto the US S@H site it was gone, but it is odd that overseas it is still available. Wonder why they don't ship some over here? Of course same deal with the 8258, available in the US, but not in Canada, weird...

I actually emailed Lego about the availability of that set and all I got was a copy paste answer. Good thing there's Bricklink...

Just got off the phone with Lego, and I'm not sure what to think.

I called them for some replacement parts for my 8053. When that was arranged, I asked about the replacement LA's for the 8043 in The Netherlands. The representative said LEGO is in the process of sending them to people who enlisted earlier, if I didn't get my parts by the end of the next week, I should call them again. So that's good news for all us Dutchies waiting for the parts.

Now the part I am not so sure about :tongue:

I cheekily made some hints about the 2011 models, particularly the Supercar 8070. He didn't know the model at first (he told me he just started working at LEGO) and then he tried to look it up in the system. He was very surprised I even knew about the model, it showed as "top secret" in his system and he said it would be relased in 2012 *oh2*

"2012?!", I said, "how can that be". Then he said: "Oh no, I was wrong, this one comes out in March 2011 and it is red". Now, this leads me to two explanations: 1) he misread the year and everything is fine, or 2) there is another (real?) supercar coming out in 2012! Unfortunately, the conversation was being taped and he politely refused to go into detail, but what do you guys think? Is this possible or am I just seeing things I want to see? :laugh:

... but what do you guys think? Is this possible or am I just seeing things I want to see? :laugh:

It's probably the one we've seen pictures of already. I don't know if the car's officially announced yet, so will still come up with a 'top secret' message. I'm just guessing...

It's probably the one we've seen pictures of already. I don't know if the car's officially announced yet, so will still come up with a 'top secret' message. I'm just guessing...

He specifically said "Oh no, this one comes out in 2011". It will show up as top secret, ofcourse, but could it be he just made a mistake and accidentally told me something I should not be told? He also said they got previews of everything that will come out the next year or so.

@ Efferman:

"Lieferung in januar"

Too bad! In the Netherlands sets will be available on december 16th....

Time to start saving money, and more importantly, a place where I can display the Backhoe .. my LEGO closet is almost full.