Sign in to follow this  
Legomaster34

MoC:Hagrid's Hut

This little hut is what inspired me to make my Hogwarts castle I posted yesterday, which is why it's colors look a heck of a lot better. Yes I know two of the roof pieces are missing, I don't have any more of those pieces.

Closed back:hagrids_hut.png

Closed front:hagrids_hut_47.jpg

Interior:hagrids_hut_800.jpg

Now we will take a look inside Hagrid's humble home. In one corner you can see his fireplace he uses to keep warm. Moving right you can see his table with a drinking goblet on it. Next to that Hagrid hangs his trusty crossbow. Finally Hagrid's chair by the window.

Edited by Legomaster34

I think you really need to buy some more parts, take a look at some inspiration and plan the build out.

The design really is not good. It is too small, there is quite a noticeable hole in the roof.

Generally, it's just not the right shape.

I really wish you well in improving your building skills. :classic:

I agree with them, preparation is always part of MOCing, and that inlcudes acquiring the right parts for your creation. While your attempt to build using your existing parts is decent, people will still appreciate carefully-planned and well-executed creations before presenting them to the general public.

Maybe Hagrid couldn't pay his mortgage anymore and downsized to this hut?

Anyway, good first effort, shouldn't be too hard to improve once you manage to get the right pieces.

Getting slanted things to look natural and connect well with the rest of the building is hard. I for one like the interior. Crossbow on the wall, very cool. Don't give up on MOCing because of a little criticism either.

No offense, but this is very poorly done. The size and colouration could have been much better. I can, however, understand the lack of parts problem. Most of my collection consists of built sets, so I'm thankful for what moccing parts I do have. Soon I'll be posting pics of my Hogwarts addition and Harry Potter display. Although it won't be the best moc ever posted here, I think it's excellent for a beginner with very few parts. Anyways, I'm a conformist!, and don't give up! :laugh:

It looks pretty good but the colors are off. Also with the new set just being released, it kind of makes yours look bad. no offense, but it's hard to compete with new.