Sign in to follow this  
Selander

MOC: Small train yard display

traintech1.jpg

Part of a train yard with some of my Swedish style MOC vehicles and locomotives.

It’s my contribution to a temporary display, for a Lego event, in a Stockholm technical museum.

I know the landscaping is extremely poor, but it’ll do the job since a train yard is

typically “flat”, and the emphasis should be on vehicles rather than surroundings.

Anyhow I just wanted to share this picture with you.

4992782864_2f14dea684_b_d.jpg

Also, I'm sorry about picture size being slightly “heavy”, but when making it smaller it

became super blurry.

Excellent work there Selander! I'm really liking this image, the way you have incorporated so much into just two grey baseplates is quite impressive. While it has a minimalist feel to it, there isn't too much empty space, and it still feels about the right amount of detail. Looks excellent, just as a LEGO train yard should. Thank you for sharing. :classic:

AWESOME 'Selander' - such detail and action in a small space so to speak ! :sweet:

Fantastic rail and road construction collection featured - keep it up and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

The vehicles look really awesome. As they seem to have motors will the trains actually be running?

From what you wrote, I suppose you won't make any more changes to the landscaping, right? Because I was thinking you may want to add supports for overhead lines for the track with electric loco, one or two floodlights (as train yards tend to operate 24h) and some random garbage, old locomotive parts etc. (at least in Germany, train yards always look rather run down)...

I'm really liking this image, the way you have incorporated so much into just two grey baseplates is quite impressive. While it has a minimalist feel to it, there isn't too much empty space, and it still feels about the right amount of detail. Looks excellent, just as a LEGO train yard should.

My thoughts exactly, word by word. :thumbup: The display is really eye-capturing for some reason and it could easily be a picture for an official LEGO catalogue if these were official sets.

Excellent work Selander! :sweet:

Each vehicle is great. And also you made a really original colour selection. Is the excavator in the middle also your design?

Each vehicle is great. And also you made a really original colour selection. Is the excavator in the middle also your design?

Thanks, legoist and all others for kind comments.

Yes, all vehicles and locomotives are my own designs. Design and colours refelect those of the originals (IRL) but of course

with adaptations to what is possible to achieve in minifig scale.

More pictures can be found in my flickr or brickshelf accounts - see links below, I also encl one picture of Excavator as you asked

partically for that design.

Flickr link

Brickshelf link

4733017361_620d0e55a9_z_d.jpg

Your little layout is quite an eye-catcher! However, for me it feels slightly empty. So I'd agree to the changes Odyssey suggests. It's also possible, though, that it'd look too crowded with overhead lines and floodlights, and the nice look would be lost. Can't tell it for sure.

Your little layout is quite an eye-catcher! However, for me it feels slightly empty. So I'd agree to the changes Odyssey suggests. It's also possible, though, that it'd look too crowded with overhead lines and floodlights, and the nice look would be lost. Can't tell it for sure.

AWESOME!! keep up the good work. :classic:

Sweet I love the Volvo front loader is that a MOC? and the excavator is simple awesome MOC as well? I have tried to build both with no luck do you have any instructions for them?