Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Orient Expedition (OE) Quiz

Try taking an Orient Expedition Theme quiz by clicking here=> OE Quiz.

You must register by entering a user name, password, and E-mail.

The quiz includes 20 questions about the characters, monsters, treasures, and sets of the Orient Expedition theme. Try taking the quiz without researching and post your results here. Good luck!

One false start, 121 seconds for the quiz, a measly 10/20 correct. Sigh. I am ashamed of myself.

Must ...... study...... more...... adventurers.....

By the way Brickster, thanks for doing that, it was fun!

Oh, here's the rating system with adventure titles (based on your score out of 20):

0-3: Supply Carrier

4-7: Pitfaller

8-11: Adventurer

12-15: Tomb Raider

16-19: Indiana Jones

20: Marco Polo

That makes Gylman an Adventurer and JC a Tomb Raider.

Blast! I only got 16 right :-$ Of course, one of those was a stupid mistake of thinking the helmet came with the Scorpion Palace, when I can very clearly see the shield behind the onion dome now. Grrrr. The other three wrong answers I don't mind so much. After all who knew what the emperor's name was (and I was 1/2 right, anyway) and what Dorje's name means...

Steve

Just took it now. 16/20 with no previous research.

Good quiz!

Appears that 16 is the high score. It's a pretty good score considering that I think most people just buy sets and aren't too knowledgeable with the story line from the Lego web site.

Nope. The Adventurer rating system discriminates against pirates (or just Pheses). You're still a pirate.

Marco Polo was probably a pirate anyway, history has just misportrayed his true identity!

The Brickster, did you make this test or know who made this test? I ask because I noticed there's an option at the website to make your own tests...

I made it. I just searched the web one day for a site that lets you create your own test. This site/process was really easy.

I created the Pirate LEGO at OkCupid.com which I think (I haven't really looked into it so this is more of an assumption) has greater control over the tests. For example, at OkCupid you can track 4 custom variables plus theres an automatic scoring variable. Not that its really relevant to a test like that, I just thought I'd mention it for the sake of mentioning it.

I got 18 of 20. The last one, which I got right, I kind of guessed on but was pretty sure. But only the 2 I got wrong really were guesses. The ones I got wrong were what city the Emperor siezed and Pippin's profession. I wasn't sure between 2 of Pippen's proffession so I guessed, but the other one was right. I got Indiana Jones becayse I got 18 :D

Nice job, but this is a rather old message (last post prior to you = May 6). Welcome to Eurobricks though, Gahu. You might want to check the Last Post Info unless you really like a subject.

Answers to the questions you missed:

Pippin's profession is a "globe-trotting" reporter for World Magazine.

Emperor Chang Wu seized control of the city of Xi'an. He is also known as the false emperor.

Great job in getting 18/20!

do you not believe in resurrecting old threads ??? that is interesting, cause i think its a good thing.

not that this thread is a good example, but its better than creating duplicates ???

- BrickMiner

I'm fine with it, esp. if I'm the author of the thread. But sometimes new members will read a message thinking that the discussion just took place when in fact it's old information. That's why I mentioned, "unless you really like the subject".