Sign in to follow this  
jonfett

Helms Deep

Yes, I know I have been saying "it will be done soon" for ages, but it finally is now!

a_helmsdeep.jpg

I spent along time taking pictures, I took almost 50! But only 27 are in the gallery - http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=85183 (should be public soon).

Here are a few deep links for now, you can change _2 to _3 etc.. up to _27.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jonfett/...helmsdeep_2.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jonfett/...elmsdeep_23.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jonfett/...elmsdeep_26.jpg

Hope you enjoy looking through the pictures. I am actually relieved that I have got it finished now. But I hope to make some changes, to the tower and the bit around it, and also to do something with the end of the wall. So maybe I will have a version 2 soon. I am going to put all the figures in later so look out for battle pics some time in the next week.

Jon

*wub* [No words needed.... *satis*]

[Okay, nonetheless here are some: nice to see its finished now, can't wait to see it in reality! :D I'll browse through the gallery when I'm back at home]

Awesomeness.

My only complaint is that it is structure-only, and is completely devoid of any landscaping. Great work on what is there, yet it seems like there's a lot to be desired.

This makes me want to try another LOTR MOC now...

My only complaint is that it is structure-only, and is completely devoid of any landscaping. Great work on what is there, yet it seems like there's a lot to be desired.

Well, maybe this is something I can do for version 2. I want to change the tower and I need to add some sort of burp/landscape to the end of the wall as well.

This would mean I can stand all the figures on baseplates with the landscape.

I enjoyed putting all the figures into the castle today. They are all arranged nicely apart from the orcs.. I have about 35 orcs but it looks so stupid compared to all the rohan and elves in the battlements. :/

I think I have 35 orcs to 40 or so others. So this is basically 1:1. Whereas in the film it is 10000:500 (100:5) so I need 800 orcs to make this fit *wacko* Maybe about 50 will be ok for me! It will still be alot more torsos and darth maul heads!

Jon.

Well, maybe this is something I can do for version 2. I want to change the tower and I need to add some sort of burp/landscape to the end of the wall as well.

This would mean I can stand all the figures on baseplates with the landscape.

Try to avoid a BURP landscape. If you do use them, cover them well! I would recommend using dark grey bricks, and mixing in some green or brown. (Or both, if done well!)

I enjoyed putting all the figures into the castle today. They are all arranged nicely apart from the orcs.. I have about 35 orcs but it looks so stupid compared to all the rohan and elves in the battlements. :/

I think I have 35 orcs to 40 or so others. So this is basically 1:1. Whereas in the film it is 10000:500 (100:5) so I need 800 orcs to make this fit  *wacko*  Maybe about 50 will be ok for me! It will still be alot more torsos and darth maul heads!

Do the orcs have any sort of siege weapons? Ladders? Catapults? Without them, no matter how many troops they have they're useless. I'd recommend making some ladders for them, and having a little sub-scene with a ladder being "pushed off the wall", as was seen in the movie. Great work, can't wait to see it with the figs!

uruk.jpg

Mwuhahahahah!

Great work! Though I do recommend the extra landscaping... which is bound to follow, I'm sure. As for the orcs... Good luck, mate. Lego figs of any kind are a pain in the proverbial behind to get a lot of.

Do the orcs have any sort of siege weapons? Ladders? Catapults? Without them, no matter how many troops they have they're useless. I'd recommend making some ladders for them, and having a little sub-scene with a ladder being "pushed off the wall", as was seen in the movie. Great work, can't wait to see it with the figs!

I have made some small ladders already, they can be seen here.

Here are some pics of all the figures as well. I have put them all in place now so I hope to take pics by tomorrow.

uruks_8.jpg

Mwaha ha ha! :P

Jon.