Sign in to follow this  
Zerobricks

Trial truck tip 7

This is my last planned tip. This time it's about how to drive your offroader and how to prevent the rims from 8297 from slipping inside tyres.

Enjoy:

This one is really useful. But since skid steering is not allowed in the Czech Republic, I have to deal with the obstacles in a different way. Mentioning the tyre slipping, the same happens also with some of the 81.6 wheels and I used the rubber bands on the rims. It worked perfectly alright, but during the last race I lost front left tyre :D Maybe it was because I did not check the condition of tyres before the race.

Great series of videos!

Regarding filling tires with smaller tires in order to achieve stiff main tire, is there a way to do this on a Power Puller tire?

Not to remove the skidding effect of the wheel inside the tire, but just to make the tire stiff, so the tire doesn't deform under the weight of the vehicle?

I have seen some idea with the Technic connectors inside the tire, if somebody has some more ideas, please share.

@Milan

I have used these tires to stiffen the Powerpuller tires.

To get them inside the tire you have to arrange the little tires on the rim and secure them with some rubberbands. Then you have to squeeze this assembly into your Powerpuller tire.

Here is a picture of the assembly I used some months ago:

14_rim-with-five-ballon-tires.jpg

regarding tire slippage i prefer the rubber band technique, it pretty much eliminates slip and allows better tire deformation allowing them to wrap around an obstacle better giving better traction, you can use pulley belts if you're super purist...

Also, regarding use of non-lego, i experimented with placing some large loose ball bearings inside the tires to add weight where it was needed, (they always roll to the lowest point of the tire) the results were quite good with grip and stability both improved.... using them on the front alone aided hill-climbing ability, i took them out after experimenting though as they were non-lego... lead shot would work even better i imagine but also falls outside of the rules..

Edited by Sam42