Sign in to follow this  
RoryoCox

What do you want to see?

Once again, another person has raised a good argument, but if it were a decider between Tiny Pies, and Dragonator, it what are the odds the host would decide to flip a coin?

I do hope I'm not coming off as a arrogant idealist. :sceptic:

Well, I'm not Dragonator, but I didn't make it into Hogwort's, and you did (and yes, I applied like anybody else). And that happens sometimes. Fellowship or rank isn't a be all and end all.

-Hero Factory

-Polictical. ( Vote offs aren't deaths, but night actions are).

-Cold War Era Spying and Warfare.

-Eurobricks Mafia.

I am not sure off the popularity of Hero Factory but anyway, those are my ideas. Are those to anyones pleasing?

I like the Cold War idea, meybe just have it be like a Red Scare sort of thing? where a town is freaking out because of a communist uprising, this could be in the 1920's or 1950's

I've been in talks with Dragonator about a Clone Wars Mafia, does that sound interesting to any of you? I don't mean necessarilly with ashoka and anakin, just a mafia that takes place during the clone wars.

I've been in talks with Dragonator about a Clone Wars Mafia, does that sound interesting to any of you? I don't mean necessarilly with ashoka and anakin, just a mafia that takes place during the clone wars.

Sounds cool. You should make most of them clones, and I would suggest painting hairstyles or facial hair on them.

Sounds cool. You should make most of them clones, and I would suggest painting hairstyles or facial hair on them.

Sounds cool indeed, but I wouldnt give them facial hair, it would add some challenge if they all looked nearly the same. But I dont think sok117 meant clone troopers (correct me if I am wrong) What i was thinking perhaps on some planet have Loyalists and Separatists. Different species and weapons adds some challenge :devil:

Sounds cool indeed, but I wouldnt give them facial hair, it would add some challenge if they all looked nearly the same. But I dont think sok117 meant clone troopers (correct me if I am wrong) What i was thinking perhaps on some planet have Loyalists and Separatists. Different species and weapons adds some challenge :devil:

Actually you two are both wrong, I don't want to give a lot of it away now, but seeing as there has already been a game with standard troopers (galactic paranoia) I now I need to add something new to the SW universe, I will tell you that I am trying to make it really close to Hogwarts Mafia as I know a lot of members, and I myself had a lot of fun playing that game.

Actually you two are both wrong, I don't want to give a lot of it away now, but seeing as there has already been a game with standard troopers (galactic paranoia) I now I need to add something new to the SW universe, I will tell you that I am trying to make it really close to Hogwarts Mafia as I know a lot of members, and I myself had a lot of fun playing that game.

I am never wrong! :laugh: oh well it sounds like a blast!

Of course the host would need a lot of money, and it would start about of month after the sign-up, in order to order all the items needed of Bricklink.

I know only one person who could pull that off... :laugh:

4959029380_1ed60e6748.jpg4608103618_35e3ea68f5.jpg

Good to see some discussion being generated around what sort of games people want to be playing, I think it's important for hosts to have an idea of what players would like to see (although most hosts do have their own great ideas anyway, so don't feel this is the end-all of what you can and can't use in games!).

Also, Fellows and above (generally with Quarryman as the 'Oh look I'm not exclusive' exception) almost always get in.

I think Sandy has addressed this really well, so I won't add much more, however I do believe that these people aren't selected because of their rank, but because they are all great contributing members in the first place. Hosts appreciate having players who have proven elsewhere on the boards that they can commit to something, that they can post maturely and with thought, and who have had some experience in games as well. You'll notice that it isn't just "higher ranking" members who fill this role either, there are a lot of people who are selected time and again because of these traits. What I'm really happy with is that hosts will usually balance a game with these types of people and some new players as well, giving everyone a chance to play, rather than doing what I see on many sites and only selecting their friends or just veterans. I think it's an excellent example of the EB community spirit at work.

I don't personally think it would be fair that someone saying "meh, I guess I'll sign in" gets chosen over someone who's like "I've followed three of these games and can't wait to play in one as well!", just because of a randomized selection.

I've never liked random selection, I believe that it is in the hands of the host to decide who can play in their game. As Sandy has said, dedication and reputation do help in selection, but most hosts like to try and get some new players in too, as we often see some really great action from newer players. From all the past games we've seen I can't think of a single host who has ever been unfair in their selections, but even if they are, it is their right as the host after all, it isn't like they're getting any reward out of hosting a game!

If there are any further concerns over this issue please either contact me privately or take it to the general discussion thread, as it isn't really what this thread was intended for.

Yeah that sound awesome.

In future mafia games I would like to see everyone with a night action, even if it something not to great it gives players some interest and something to think about when the day ends. Hogwarts mafia was an excellent example of this. As well as that point I believe that there should be not just a simple kill each day but hosts should make it more exciting by each character showing a personality in what they do, again Hogwarts Mafia is a good example of this.

In future mafia games I would like to see everyone with a night action, even if it something not to great it gives players some interest and something to think about when the day ends. Hogwarts mafia was an excellent example of this. As well as that point I believe that there should be not just a simple kill each day but hosts should make it more exciting by each character showing a personality in what they do, again Hogwarts Mafia is a good example of this.

I disagree. I feel that the hosts should provide us with a blank slate upon which to build our characters personality, background, etc. The jobs our characters do should of course be hosts choice (unless it's a game like Dystopia, in which case unless you weren't a member of the flight crew, you could really decide yourself. But for instance in Mystical Castle and Hogwarts, the players had to stick to their host given careers, to keep character).

I know only one person who could pull that off... :laugh:

4959029380_1ed60e6748.jpg4608103618_35e3ea68f5.jpg

Not to mention that Stash2sixx is on the Mafia waiting list. I think I can take an educated guess as to what that game is now... Well, either Eurobricks Mafia or Star Wars Mafia! :tongue:

I was going to do something like that, but gave it up after some thinking.

I'm not sure that each player should have an action- not only could this mean a lot of work for hosts, but it could make things much too complicated.

I'm not sure that each player should have an action- not only could this mean a lot of work for hosts, but it could make things much too complicated.

It would be a lot of work for the hosts, but if it is done correctly (like in Hogwarts Mafia), then it could have fantastic results. But yes, it would need an experienced host, or the game could get bogged down in night actions.

And I almost agree with Professor Flitwick, that we should build our own characters. But I also feel that the host needs to make the majority of the character's traits and background, or there would be some issues and conflictions in character. I personally think the host should make the character's background/night actions and the player makes the traits accordingly.

Those are my thoughts on the matter :classic:

And I almost agree with Professor Flitwick, that we should build our own characters. But I also feel that the host needs to make the majority of the character's traits and background, or there would be some issues and conflictions in character. I personally think the host should make the character's background/night actions and the player makes the traits accordingly. default_classic.gif

From what I saw, Imperial Soldier Mafia had the right mix of guidence and freedom of charcter for the players. I beleive that they should have some freedom, but there should be some direction at the beggining.

Intresting topic. :thumbup: I shall have to come out of lurk-mode and give my opinion (for what it's worth).

I am of the same mind, I liked it in Hogwarts Mafia but I don't think it's something that should be repeated every game. Simply because there are only so many roles that can be included in a game. With many blockers/protectors/killing roles it would be a tricky balancing act in order to prevent the game being won solely through the night part regardless of what happens in the votings.

As for what I'd like to see, it would be nice if future hosts could continue to introduce new things. Upon browsing the wiki there are still a few roles yet to appear in a mafia game here.

Just been reading through this thread wanted to say that I always thought there was a fair balance of veteran and new players taking part in the Mafia games; case in point: I was selected and played my first Mafia game this year!

It's good to have a contingent of veterans as they help guide the game along with their banter, wit... and false accusations! As much as anything that's what a great Mafia game is about. I know this has been laid to bed but just wanted to add my thoughts.

Back to what I'd like to see:

Blade Runner Mafia.

Based on the sci-fi classic! Set in a dystopian future Los Angeles, 6 cunning replicants have escaped servitude and come to earth where their kind are hunted down and 'retired'. Several undercover police operatives or Blade Runners must hunt them down and retire them before they go on a brutal rampage.

Oh, and I loved this comment Sandy...

...you liken the staff to royalty, when in fact you should liken them as trainees or even slaves...

Sounds great! Shadows, fetch me my slippers!

Sounds great! Shadows, fetch me my slippers!

Haha, you can always try! :laugh: But I only meant it in the sense that they're working without pay, just to make it sure to everyone.

Back to what I'd like to see:

Blade Runner Mafia.

Based on the sci-fi classic! Set in a dystopian future Los Angeles, 6 cunning replicants have escaped servitude and come to earth where their kind are hunted down and 'retired'. Several undercover police operatives or Blade Runners must hunt them down and retire them before they go on a brutal rampage.

Blade Runner would be an amazing situation for a mafia, and would prove some brilliant host's design chops.

Somewhat along those lines, I'd love to see an alterna-history set-up. My first alterna-history book, The Man in the High Castle, was in an alternate 1960's where the Allies lost WWII, and America was split by the Nazis and Japanese, though the Japanese were starting to doubt their alliance. The most recent was The Years of Salt and Rice, where most of Europe died in the Black Plague, and China and the Middle East became the world powers. It wouldn't have to be these situations, just something that was somewhat familiar, but very different from the world we live in. ie. What if Waterloo had been Napoleon's greatest victory?

I thought it'd be funny to have a Space Police mafia, but instead of aliens intercepting the cops, it'd be the other way around.

Edited by CallMePie

Fabuland mafia sounds great. In case Hinckley is ever hosting a mafia game again, it would definitely be my suggestion to him, especially after seeing all his great Fabuland creations and his story-telling talent in Fabuland Housewives and the Whacker and the Walrus. And I'm looking forward to Fangy's mafia game and Shadows' Pirates mafia as well. The characters in ISM were a little too generic for my taste, hopefully pirates bring some diversity from the outset.

This topic is for all you devoted War and Mafia game players to give you opinion on what you want to see in future games. Hosts are always wanting new things to add to their game and I know that players want new and exciting features.

I would like you to tell hosts and future hosts what you would like to see in a future mafia game. Maybe you want a new way of voting, maybe you want more of the story to be in pictures or maybe you would like hosts to simply enforce the rules more.

Anything that you want can be posted here and maybe, just maybe you will see your idea in a future mafia game. I know personally that this will help future game hosts to help innovate their game to make it unique and different.

So go on, have your say on what you want

Three words"Star Wars mafia."

Three words"Star Wars mafia."

I'm trying to host a SW mafia, I've submitted my name and have started work on it, could you maybe be more specific as to what you want to see?

I'm trying to host a SW mafia, I've submitted my name and have started work on it, could you maybe be more specific as to what you want to see?

Well we've already had Galactic Paranoia, which featured Rebel and Imperial soldiers, so maybe, like I think you said earlier, a SW Mafia that features various alien species and occupations of the SWU. Jedi and Sith are the most obvious ones, but I'm sure you can come up with others.

Sign in to follow this