• 5925 Pontoon Plane
    • 5928 Bi-Wing Baron
    • 5935 Island Hopper
    • 5987 Dino Reserach Compound
    • 7417 Temple of Mount Everest
    • 7420 Thunder Blazer
    • 7422 Red Eagle
    • Other (promotional or other theme)

I recently did a poll for favorite adventure boat and someone had suggested to do airplanes as well, so choose your favorite adventure plane here. Helicopters and hot air baloons are not included.

Also not included are Studio (Jurasic Park III), promotional, and Outback airplanes.

adventureplanes3.jpg

Tks Brickster for this new Adventurer's poll ;-)

I voted for the 7417 Temple of Mount Everest Biplane ;-)

I really loved that plane but was stupid enough to dissemble it (like the 7420-Thunder Blazer) !! I really need to find the instruction and rebuild it hehe !! I chose 7417 because I prefered the colour scheme !!

The plane I really like also is the 5935 Island Hopper because I always loved Sea Planes !! Oh glorious history of the Pan Am long gone unfortunatly :'-( !!

*yoda*

I had to go with 5925 Pontoon Plane, the fig and box just edged it ahed... It was also a really nice build and a reasonable price point. I also like the colour scheme and the 'appropriate feel' of the whole model for the theme/setting. All that said Everest is avery,very...did I mention very, close 2nd for obvious reasons ;-)

Thanks for collecting all these pics/sets for another great poll,

God Bless,

Nathan

Island. Freekin. Hopper.

Incredible plane - large and bulky with cargo area and GREAT pieces... the pontoons came off too easily but what can you do. I have 2 of these sets and replaces the pontoons with wheels (i hated the pontoon designs) and they look great!

I think this kind of style of plane should have been worked with more. I remember a long time ago, there was some set previews for 2005 that were called "Dino" and alot of us thought it was a new Adventurers line... we were wrong and it was the pretty bad Dino Attack line... but there was a small picture and it looked like some big prop plane... it looked awesome... I think more planes like this would be great!

In second place probably the Bi-Wing Baron... and than maybe Pontoon plane... I loved that little set too...

And how could I forget that Desert Expedition plane... I would kill for one of those...

My favorite is the plane in 7417, Temple of Mt. Everest. I love the grey, black, and yellow color scheme. The plane is also very sturdy. It is much like/almost the same as 7420 Thunder Blazer. I agree with Yoda on this one. It's my favorite too.

My favorite is the plane in 7417, Temple of Mt. Everest. I love the grey, black, and yellow color scheme. The plane is also very sturdy.

It is definately the most sturdy adventurer plane, it survived a couple falls from a shelf (and was a very good set to make it onto one of my shelfs...)

God Bless,

Nathan

I can't believe the Island Hopper isn't winning hands-down. It is by far the best plane (even if it is a seaplane). It was even hard for me to wreck it in my latest story.

Steve

I like the look of the Desert Expedition Plane because it looks the most realistic. Given that the image I'm looking at is the size of a postafe stamp that is a really good indication to go by, is it?

I can't believe the Island Hopper isn't winning hands-down. It is by far the best plane (even if it is a seaplane). It was even hard for me to wreck it in my latest story.

Steve

Tis a beautiful set. I wish we could get more like this.. I am very happy that I have at least have 2.

And BRICKSTER, a suggestion: How about do seperate votes for small promotional sets and the larger 'official' line sets... all those little planes we KNOW are not going to win against the 'MAIN' sets... Its a little unfair to pit 1279 against The Island Hopper... lets divide promotional sets and main sets... and also - get some bigger pictures so people without the sets can judge better without leaving Eurobricks!

Sting: I agree with you about having the small sets mingled within the larger sets, although I did the same thing with the adventure boats; and I think Jungle River 7410 got a vote or two (but it is a little larger than the small promotional sets). I combined them because they're all part of the adventurer line.

Also, when I make the images bigger, the single picture comes out much larger and takes longer to load (so I try to keep the individual images small).

Maybe for my next poll, I'll show more comparative sets with larger images.

It's funny. The island hopper is a nice plane, but I found it in many stores deep discounted. Maybe it was the female mini-fig or just the fact it was a sea plane? I don't think it was a good seller though.

The Island Hopper always looked to me (and I assumed to others) too blocky. Like it was trying to be a model team set without the quality but had all ready sacrificed the playability. That said when I eventually got it I quite liked it despite being disapointed by the size... I thought it would be bigger.

God Bless,

Nathan

I liked the island hopper because of it's size. Most of the planes during it's release were much smaller. I always thought Lego should have made it a two-seater though.

I liked the island hopper because of it's size. Most of the planes during it's release were much smaller. I always thought Lego should have made it a two-seater though.

It was too small to be big and too big to be small in my opinion (if that makes any sense?). When I caught a glimpse of it in the pull out from the lego mag before it was released I thought it would be huge, I instantly tried my hand at a second plane on scale (for an adventurer scape I had up at the time. When I got it I was hugely dissapointed... my sea plane was big enough to hold an adventurer car in the cargo area, in comparison the island hopper was dwarved.

God Bless,

Nathan