Sign in to follow this  
benhead

Uglys.

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

In one of the star wars novels many years ago there was a description of space junk collectors creating working ships from the ship chunks left over from battles,they were called "uglys".Which was more or less funky combinations of x-wings,tie fighters,y-wings,a-wings,b-wings.Has anybody tried mixing the designs yet?I personally like the look of an tie fighter with x-wing wings.

I even immortalized a custom star wars micro machine in resin that looks just like that.We need to get lego to put out the real licensed sets!

If you take a search on Brickshelf or Flickr for them, you'll find a bunch. There was even a contest to build Uglys on FBTB a while ago. But why would TLC produce Uglys officially when they are made of parts from sets they are already selling? Just buy two sets (for example X-Wing and Vader's TIE), build them, then take the wings off of the one and put them on the body of the other, and boom, you got a semi-official Ugly.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

In one of the star wars novels many years ago there was a description of space junk collectors creating working ships from the ship chunks left over from battles,they were called "uglys".Which was more or less funky combinations of x-wings,tie fighters,y-wings,a-wings,b-wings.Has anybody tried mixing the designs yet?I personally like the look of an tie fighter with x-wing wings.

I even immortalized a custom star wars micro machine in resin that looks just like that.We need to get lego to put out the real licensed sets!

That particular combination (TIE Cockpit with X-wing Wings) is called a "Chir'daki", or Deathseed. It was introduced in the Rogue Squadron novel "The Krytos Trap", and is of Twi'lek manufacture.

as described here:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Deathseed

Personally i think it would be awesome in Lego form, as would the Tri-fighters used by Admiral Tavira's pirate fleet. (TIE Cockpit, but with three half interceptor wings arranged around the ball, giving it the nickname "Clutch"

Uglys, I;'ve found, are featured mainly books by Michael A. Stackpole. Frabkly I agree with Oky, most of these can be made. About the Deathseed, if I remember correctly, there was a different Ugly combo between the X-wing and TIE fighter, but that was just a special one made by the Twi'Leks.

Uglys, I;'ve found, are featured mainly books by Michael A. Stackpole. Frabkly I agree with Oky, most of these can be made. About the Deathseed, if I remember correctly, there was a different Ugly combo between the X-wing and TIE fighter, but that was just a special one made by the Twi'Leks.

I think they originated in the Corellian Trilogy, though, right? That series had the X-TIE and a 'B-wing Chop Job'.

I think they originated in the Corellian Trilogy, though, right? That series had the X-TIE and a 'B-wing Chop Job'.

Not sure. I haven't read that one eyt, and probly won't for a while- I'm working on zome of the old Zahn stuff while I wait for Backlash to come out in paperback.

Not sure. I haven't read that one eyt, and probly won't for a while- I'm working on zome of the old Zahn stuff while I wait for Backlash to come out in paperback.

Hah! I already read all of those!

Backlash was awesome, BTW.

Hah! I already read all of those!

Backlash was awesome, BTW.

Yeah, i decided to wait until Fate of the Jedi came out cehap to egt it... unfortunatly Backlash doesn'come till January. Good to know it'll be good though.

I did. I got the idea after looking at a bunch of LDD official sets, and saw that a few's wings were compatible. I can post a pic in a few minutes.

I call a Naboo Y-Courier. It's made up of the 07 Sith Infiltrator, the 07 Naboo Starfighter, and the Clone Wars Y-Wing.

ugly1.png

Here's how I made it. I connected the wings, as they were all attached to their respective bodies in the same way. You can see the Technic pins.

ugly2.png

Edited by CallMePie

Yeah, i decided to wait until Fate of the Jedi came out cehap to egt it... unfortunatly Backlash doesn'come till January. Good to know it'll be good though.

Libraries in your area don't have it?

I did. I got the idea after looking at a bunch of LDD official sets, and saw that a few's wings were compatible. I can post a pic in a few minutes.

I call a Naboo Y-Courier. It's made up of the 07 Sith Infiltrator, the 07 Naboo Starfighter, and the Clone Wars Y-Wing.

[snip]

Here's how I made it. I connected the wings, as they were all attached to their respective bodies in the same way. You can see the Technic pins.

[snip]

Nice job. LDD wouldn't let you fully connect those wings and clicky hinges?

Nice job. LDD wouldn't let you fully connect those wings and clicky hinges?

No, they wouldn't. Has it been reported yet?

No, they wouldn't. Has it been reported yet?

Dunno. I'd ask in the LDD Bugs Thread, but I'll let you do it since it's your MOC.

Libraries in your area don't have it?

Not in paperback. Frankly, I don't want to spend the money that hardcover takes.

Not in paperback. Frankly, I don't want to spend the money that hardcover takes.

No, I said libraries. As in, borrow a copy?

Or do what I do- sit in the book store and read theirs and then put it back. :grin:

Anyways, I looked up 'Ugly' on Wookieepedia, and Ambush at Corellia is indeed the first appearance of the B-wing Ugly and the X-TIE.

No, I said libraries. As in, borrow a copy?

Well, the closest library that I know of is my school library, which is a terrible resource for anything default_laugh2.gif

Well, the closest library that I know of is my school library, which is a terrible resource for anything default_laugh2.gif

:laugh:

Okay. Let's get back on topic, then.

...We need to get lego to put out the real licensed sets!

If the point of Legos isn't to create something from your existing bricks then nothing is.

Edited by gotoAndLego