04smallmj

Would Anyone Buy These Bricks?

Hey everyone, I recieved a donation of bricks a few weeks ago. most of them were in good condition but there were also a lot of bad ones (probably about 30% of the bag it all came in). There are 3 main reasons why I don't want the rejected ones.

1. Broken pieces (These will probably go in the bin)

DSC00653SMALL.jpg

2. Nibbled/scratched/damaged pieces.

DSC00654SMALL.jpg

3. Faded/discoloured pieces.

DSC00655SMALL.jpg

I know that nobody would want the broken parts, but would anyone want to buy damaged or faded pieces? And by faded, I mean really faded!

DSC00652SMALL.jpg

The 2x6 brick is used as a comparison. Some bricks are almost orange!

I don't mind chucking away the broken pieces but I'm hesitant to do that with the other ones. I also know that some people can restore the original colour of the white pieces and like to buy them cheap. What do you think? Shall I sell them? And where?

DSC00656SMALL.jpg

Actually, I think that broken peices would be potentially useful, as would the damaged ones(It's amazing what people can do with altered peices than they could with regular ones)

But anyway, try selling them all(Seperately would probably be the best choice).

Good luck with it!

-ES

You never know what some people want.

I wouldn't want broken; damaged is OK sometimes for filler, but that would exclude things like the window in your picture.

Discolored... I would retrobright them and see what you get. It's a pretty cheap experiment to see if you could salvage what's in that container. I've never tried it on blue, though.

Yellow bricks could come very handy for castle building, like here in my friends castle tower:

subix_3800_10.jpg

I wouldn't chuck the faded/nibbled ones. They can be useful out of sight in models for instance in the foundations of a building or the chassis of a vehicle. And also, like cwetgo says, even faded pieces can come in useful.

I would chuck the busted bits though.

Cheers

Rog

I have no problem keeping faded and chewed up bricks, I use them for interior support or under stuff in MOCs where you would not see them.

rather than chucking the broken bricks would you send them to me

I'd be most happy to take the discoloured bricks off your hands! Mainly the white ones.

outpost04.jpg

(are you coming to STEAM?)

I need lots of faded 1x2 white bricks, are there any there?

Where are you located? Forgot to look at your profile box. ;)

Would you be willing to trade?

Edited by Torax

Sorry, none of them are available anymore. I have't chucked them away or have sold them, but I'm living at a university now and don't have access to my Lego collection :cry_sad: .