Sign in to follow this  
BearHeart

Pink Knights - Still an Issue?

Well here's a pic its not the clearest but you can see the pink one on the left! I called Lego and there sending me out a pre-paid envelope to send back all 14 pink torsos I suggest if they bother you then send them back cause the more people who complain then hopefully the issue will get fixed!

pink vs. white

Well here's a pic its not the clearest but you can see the pink one on the left! I called Lego and there sending me out a pre-paid envelope to send back all 14 pink torsos I suggest if they bother you then send them back cause the more people who complain then hopefully the issue will get fixed!

pink vs. white

My word, if that's the "pink" problem then I think the real problem is with the heads of you complainers, get THEM replaced. Even I'm not that anal.

My word, if that's the "pink" problem then I think the real problem is with the heads of you complainers, get THEM replaced. Even I'm not that anal.

How about we start with getting you banned?

They are deformed printing and people have the right to complain when LEGO makes half of them white and half pink! If they were all pink then that's one thing, but they aren't!

Like I said, kids won't notice this but AFOLs will. LEGO is expensive and if I'm going to pay their prices I expect the product to be top notch.

This issue HAS been acknowledged by LEGO which means that if you can't see the difference between the pink and white then you probably need to get your eyes checked.

Two out of three of mine from regular sets are not fully white (pink). That's disappointing. I have one battle pack, and I see that they (two torsos with that pattern in a battle pack) are pretty much solid white.

Edited by Front

How about we start with getting you banned?

They are deformed printing and people have the right to complain when LEGO makes half of them white and half pink! If they were all pink then that's one thing, but they aren't!

Now, now.

Like I said, kids won't notice this but AFOLs will. LEGO is expensive and if I'm going to pay their prices I expect the product to be top notch.

This issue HAS been acknowledged by LEGO which means that if you can't see the difference between the pink and white then you probably need to get your eyes checked.

I can see the difference, I just don't think it's a huge enough difference to be a big deal requiring replacement - I just think some people are overreacting. It's only plastic toys, guys, not the end of the world. Should we have sent back our wolfpack shields in a fit because some of them look brown around the edges? It doesn't look awful or anything.

I should've put a "haha" on the end of my other post - I don't seriously think you need your heads replaced (I was exaggerating), but I do think it's a smaller deal than some are making it out to be. Does that sound reasonable?

Edited by Artanis I

Now, now.

I can see the difference, I just don't think it's a huge enough difference to be a big deal requiring replacement - I just think some people are overreacting. It's only plastic toys, guys, not the end of the world. Should we have sent back our wolfpack shields in a fit because some of them look brown around the edges? It doesn't look awful or anything.

I should've put a "haha" on the end of my other post - I don't seriously think you need your heads replaced (I was exaggerating), but I do think it's a smaller deal than some are making it out to be. Does that sound reasonable?

I guess it depends on the individual. It doesn't bother you but it bother others. I personally think the pink looks horrible and like I mentioned before, its something I noticed right away when I took the piece out of the box. Luckily, from what I read here and on other sites, LEGO customer service will replace any pink torsos with properly printed ones.

I guess it depends on the individual.

Yep, I'd say so! I do pay particular attention to detail, but I often don't care - if it's a bit wrong I can use my imagination to ignore it. If it's way off (like they were painted purple and were sideways) then in that case I reckon I'd ask for a replacement! :laugh:

I bought some sets from Lego S@H recently. And got some pink knights. Will not get them replaced because what will I do with the leftover pink torsos?

And my Wizard's hat is misprinted. =(. The gold and black printing on the "buckle" of the hat is off. The dragon looks mostly good except with some minor gold spillover on the tail. I guess I do not need a replacement for that either. If I get frustrated over such little things, I would probably have heart attacks over more serious manners.

Thanks for posting some examples of this problem. I have read about it, checked my minifigs and almost visited a doctor to check my eyes. On the pictures the difference is clear, but I couldn't find it in my figs. Somehow I own the entire collection (including battlepacks) without this pink knights...

...of course it is very realistic if they washed the clothes by machine to hot :P

Here´s the response from TLG Quality Department:

Yes it is correct that the white print need to be double, so that it do not become pink. Issue have been identified back in the beginning of march but apparently have some elements slipped through and have been packaged.

In other words, Lego knew about the error, but decided to package all the pink knights anyway knowing that not everyone was going to request a replacement. Pretty cheap, IMO.

I bought some sets from Lego S@H recently. And got some pink knights. Will not get them replaced because what will I do with the leftover pink torsos?

And my Wizard's hat is misprinted. =(. The gold and black printing on the "buckle" of the hat is off. The dragon looks mostly good except with some minor gold spillover on the tail. I guess I do not need a replacement for that either. If I get frustrated over such little things, I would probably have heart attacks over more serious manners.

LOL what a silly question :tongue: . Lets see, you can:

- Throw them out.

- Send them back to LEGO.

- Bury them.

- Give them away.

- Leave them in your LEGO bin.

- Sell them

- Hide them in the back of your closet.

Personally, I'm thinking of using the pink torsos for figures that will be wearing armour. That way, you can't really see the torso underneath.

Eh it's kind of a mixed bag, The jester impulse was just fine, but knights showdown, and the prison carriage rescue sets have this issue. :sceptic:

In other words, Lego knew about the error, but decided to package all the pink knights anyway knowing that not everyone was going to request a replacement. Pretty cheap, IMO.

The sets might have been packed already when they realized the problem.

But if you with "In other words" mean how you guess it happened, then I'm fine with that. But normally I understand the term "In other words" as a full correlation between two statements.

Eh it's kind of a mixed bag, The jester impulse was just fine, but knights showdown, and the prison carriage rescue sets have this issue. :sceptic:

I remember reading that the jester set never had this problem, only the soldiers did. The prison carriage set would not have this problem because it doesnt have any soldiers with large amounts of white on the torsos. Only this type of torse has the pink problem:

kingdoms-loewe03d.jpg

The prisoner carriage set has this torso:

kingdoms-loewe01f.jpg

I was unaware of this issue with the Kingdoms torsos until reading this thread. After checking my minifigures from a pair of Knights Showdown sets, I see that I too have the pink knights syndrome. However, for me, it's hardly noticeable unless I intentionally look for the pink, and overall, I don't feel overly bothered by it. (Though I will admit that it will become more of a nuisance when I collect the remaining Kingdoms sets and end up with non-pink knights causing mismatches.) If anyone doesn't want their pink knight torsos, send them my way instead of throwing them in the trash! :wink:

If anyone doesn't want their pink knight torsos, send them my way instead of throwing them in the trash! :wink:

Or me, I'll put them to good use. :grin:

So, yeah, I finally got around to looking at my Kingdoms sets for the first time since before this thread started and out of 6 potentially "pink" minifigs, 3 are printed double-coat & 3 are "pink"! As are 2 of the 3 horse barding pieces. It's not really noticeable from a distance - I'm not fussed.

On the same note though, I looked at my Royal Knights (1995) and there were 5 with the shield on a red torso - all 5 were "pink", as were both the kings & the horse barding. I wonder if Lego would be willing to send replacements for them, haha!

Now, what about the Kingdoms Dragon Knights with the quartered design? What colour are they supposed to be? Green & white? Because all of mine are dark green & the green version of pink. (If you know what I mean!)

The sets might have been packed already when they realized the problem.

But if you with "In other words" mean how you guess it happened, then I'm fine with that. But normally I understand the term "In other words" as a full correlation between two statements.

Feel free to argue semantics if you want, but it's pretty apparent that if only "some elements slipped through" as TLC claimed, the pink knights wouldn't be nearly as common as they are.

*snip*

Now, what about the Kingdoms Dragon Knights with the quartered design? What colour are they supposed to be? Green & white? Because all of mine are dark green & the green version of pink. (If you know what I mean!)

I noticed that too, but nobody's whining about the "light green" nights.

Feel free to argue semantics if you want, but it's pretty apparent that if only "some elements slipped through" as TLC claimed, the pink knights wouldn't be nearly as common as they are.

Say 1% of sets have pink torsos, the other 99% is not going to go on forums going "Nope my knights has white torsos". Naturally the people with pink torsos will talk about it, so it will seem like there are a huge amount of pink knights. Well unless everyone who bought a Kingdoms set takes some survey under oath we will never know the true extent of the pink knight's spread.