Sign in to follow this  
Sir E Fullner

MOD: The Fat Controller's Engines, Part 7

Hello, Eurobricks Forums Guys. Sorry for the delay, but here is the last installment of "The Fat Controller's Engines". Please welcome the proud-to-be-a-Great-Westerner:

Duck the Great Western Engine

lddscreenshot37.png

Duck is a Great Western Engine. He was built in 1929 by Charles Benjamin Collet for branchline and passenger's goods work. His real name was actually Montague, but when he was finished with being built, his wheels were off-center, so he "wabbled." This is how he got his preferred name, Duck. Duck arrived on Sodor in 1955 to replace Percy as a station pilot at Tidmouth. He taught the bigger engines a lesson or two, and even got rid of an evil Diesel engine threatening to take over Duck's work. Duck now works with Oliver, Donald, and Douglas on the Arlesdale branchline, now nicknamed "The Little Western."

For more on Duck's History, click here.

:tongue: Fun fact: When the Rev. W. Awdry ordered a GWR 57xx class through the mail, it arrived with off-center wheels, making it, too wabble. His kids christened the engine "Duck," and that is how the Reverand got the inspiration to bring Duck to Sodor in Percy the Small Engine. :tongue:

The MOC

lddscreenshot38.png

It was my original idea to end this series with Duck, because I have schoolwork to work on. I'm thinking, though that I will make another series next summer, this time on Sodor's Narrow Gauge engines on the Skarloey Railway.

I made Duck's footplate with the same design as Thomas', only omitting the downsweep at the front and making it black. The pannier tanks are two bricks high, and eleven studs long.

lddscreenshot40.png

The interior is a tiny bit realistic, though only a furnace and valves in the front.

lddscreenshot39.png

Good bye for now, Sodor. I'll be back soon.

Always entertaining, always inspiring, always: