Etzel

MOC: The lonely caveman

indexed.gif

prehistory01.jpg

The prehistoric times could be bothersome in many ways, there were fierce animals, shifting climate and still much unknown mysteries for the first humans to encounter. But there were still very few humans at this time, maybe loneliness was just as big a problem...

prehistory03.jpg

prehistory04.jpg

Our caveman has been out searching for food to kill of the gloominess, maybe he can console himself by eating some freshly catch fish.

prehistory06.jpg

Here we have our caveman's dwelling. The bear skin keep him warm during the cold nights but he would rather have someone special that could share his bed. Outside the cave we can also see his latest work, a round stone that rolls very well.

prehistory11.jpg

prehistory12.jpg

Some more surroundings. Hey wait, what's that?!

prehistory13.jpg

Oh, this must be the famous "missing link". Who could know we had so rock hard ancestors?

prehistory17.jpg

This overthrows all earlier research, a new evolution map has to be drawn.

More pictures here when the gallery has become public: Brickshelf

Thanks for watching!

/Etzel

Fantastic, Etzel! I can't believe you went to all that trouble to give your caveman a home!

That's an awful lot of foliage pieces you've got there.

Very nice, good to see a large MOC encorporating one of the new minifigures and you've done the landscaping very well.

Is that bearskin rug an official piece? I feel like i've seen it before (possibly in one of your older MOCs).

Oh and of course I like the missing link and evolutionary line-up :tongue:

Awesome work! Your trees are quite excellent, especially the PoP Arch ones! I also love the hidden duck logo and the Rock Monster. :wink: Very fun, playful touches. My only complaint is the color of the river- I'm not sure how many rivers have tan water. :grin:

Superb MOC. :thumbup:

Thanks! :classic:

Is that bearskin rug an official piece? I feel like i've seen it before (possibly in one of your older MOCs).

Only real LEGO in my MOC :wink: (And yes, I've used in two other MOCs of mine too)

My only complaint is the color of the river- I'm not sure how many rivers have tan water. :grin:

Well, the dirty ones have. :tongue:

From the beginning the river was inspired by the Yangtze River in China, which often have just this colour because of all the sediments it carries. But my idea of a Chinese MOC didn't turned out as I wanted so I transformed it to this instead.

Woah, this guy needs a girlfriend :laugh:

Great MOC! I love all the foliage, but my favourite part is the tree with its roots sticking out of the ground :thumbup:

Congrats, Etzel, this really is a wonderfull creation!

I love the nature suroundings, and the cave is very realistic too.

Thanks for sharing.

Plain awesome! :wub:

I love the incredible landscaping of yours and the cave above. You even placed your own signature in that MOC, "Quack Quack". :laugh:

I love this MOC! default_wubnew.gif Simply amazing! The whole vignette is fantastically built with all the wonderful landscaping, lush greeneries, and verdant trees. Though as fantastic as the creation is I feel the 'lonely' atmosphere, I could just imagine how lonely the caveman was. default_sad.gif At least the hilarious 'evolution of man' makes up for it. default_classic.gif Very impressive work Etzel! default_thumbup.gif

Great scene Etzel. As others have said, the landscaping is brilliant. Way to hide the Etzel duck :grin:

This is a great creation! Very natural looking and the cave with the pelt and fire really add to the overall effect. Nice one :thumbup:

That is amazing *huh*

I like the details in..well..everything!

I think it would have been cooler if there were "packs" of cavemen instead of one lonely one in your awesome MOC

Also, I think the water was clean in those days :tongue:

Edited by ceroknight

AWESOME creation 'Etzel' - beautiful greenery and rock formations.....fire, wheel and Lego - of which the latter is the greater isn't it ? :laugh:

Excellent designing and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

A lovely lonely rendition of prehistoric times Etzel!

I think it would have been cooler if there were "packs" of cavemen instead of one lonely one in your awesome MOC

Also, I think the water was clean in those days :tongue:

Whilst I also feel the MOC is a bit empty for my tastes, that's not what etzel was attempting, and I think he came through in spades, filling it with cloned cavemen wouldn't have felt right.

As for the river, its probably a geyser/mud flow rather than a river, at least that's how I see it.

Wow, this looks great! I like how you made tulip looking flowers from control stick bases! The only bad thing is that the cave is very similar to the one I started on yesterday for the Minifig vig contest...

Really well done! It's hard to convey a mood through Lego bricks, but the isolation and lonliness come through very strongly.

Maybe in Series 4 of the collectible mini-figs, TLC will come out with a cave woman. Then you could re-enact all the naughty bits from "Clan of the Cave Bear!" :classic:

A nice looking MOC...

On the frontpage...

"Notice for example how he has managed to capture all three of mans most important inventions - fire, the wheel and the lego brick."

I laughed at the last one.

However, I have to point out that fire wasn't man's invention - it was a discovery.

Great MOC Etzel! I really like the shaping of the rock and the muddy river. I also laughed at the evolution picture :laugh: .