Sign in to follow this  
cavegod

UCS Tie Raptor

gallery_101_23_281.gif

I've had ideas for this Tie variant for over a year now so i decided to build it since it is only a few parts and fairly straight forward and one of the smallest mocs i have built.

tie_raptor.jpg

tie_rpt.gif

I have added Greeble areas that are not on the pictures i could find of it just to give the model a bit more substance, also it is not finished completely as there are a few areas that need going over again so that i am happy with it. anyway hope you like it and as always C&C is more than welcome.

photo-0011.jpg

photo-0012.jpg

photo-0013.jpg

photo-0014.jpg

photo-0015.jpg

Edited by KimT

Looks good :wink:

I like the wing greebles a lot. I'm not too familiar with the Raptor but after a quick search it looks spot on.

Not really a fan of the small wings with big cockpit, but that's how the original vehical is so I can't knock you down for that.

Looks good default_blink.gif

I like the wing greebles a lot. I'm not too familiar with the Raptor but after a quick search it looks spot on.

Not really a fan of the small wings with big cockpit, but that's how the original vehical is so I can't knock you down for that.

It's featured originally (I think) In either X-wing Iron fist or X-wing Solo Command.

Either way, that's a very nice MOC there!

Hello!

Great to see a large version of the TIE Raptor. It is a very rare TIE fighter appears in the X-Wing novel series as mentioned above. One of the first reference image out there was probably in "Cracken's Threat Dossier", a supplement for the old D6 roleplaying game of West End Games. :classic:

But back to the MOC. :wink: The TIE windscreen works of course perfectly here. I like the way you realized the grey lines pattern on the solar panels with tubes and bar pieces. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

That's a fairly good rendition of the TIE Raptor cavegod, you pretty much got the overall look right, it couldn't have been done any better. I love the small greebling details, but those bars on the wings aren't official LEGO parts right? Nevertheless, it was still effectively used to get the desired design of the wings. Great job! :thumbup:

Excellent MOC 'cavegod' - a very different UCS style ship....great fusion of X-wing come Tie fighter ! :grin:

Keep up the cool work and I'm a conformist! 'cavegod' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

but those bars on the wings aren't official LEGO parts right? :thumbup:

They are official lego parts I got two with the skate park.

Great job Cavegod :thumbup:

A nice TIE cavegod!

I really didn't know half these tie fighters existed, but I like this one!

Its small and nicely detailed, I imagine it must be hard to have seen it in space battles.

Nice job overall and pretty spot on! :thumbup:

CF

Was this something you were planning to do or something you just threw together?

i just threw the parts in a bag gave it a shake and out this popped, it was planned ages ago could never be bothered to build it before, Walter Kovaks is going to build one but i remember him telling me he didn't know how to do the angle of the wings.

Yep all official lego parts as always. it's actually quite large in the flesh/plastic, once i have decided it is finished i will post a better picture.