WhiteFang

Eurobricks Collectable LEGO Minifigures Series 2 Building Contest

Saw your comment in the voting thread.

Usage of 3 votes count in this scenario will allow the voters to select the best among the best entrants in the categories to allow voters to exercise stricter and tighter evaluation among the rest. Allowing more points to be allocated will results in unnecessary evaluation and could skew the results to a larger extent. I will prefer having more members to vote instead of having more points given to each member.

This is my preferred settings which is based on my past experience.

If you say so :classic:.

By the way, great contest- I'd like to thank Whitefang, Eurobrick staff and TLG for it. :thumbup:

Hokay. My votes will have to go to:

29) I'm sure this one is breaking the rules in some way, but if it hasn't already been disqualified, then it gets my vote for thinking outside the 8x8 square.

Hello! I think my entry is OK according to the rules :

"Category A - The Rules

* Build a vignette that measures 8 studs by 8 studs. (No height limit.).

* A reasonable overhang is allowed to accommodate tree limbs or minifigures accessories, but may not exceed more than 2 studs outside the base. ..."

Đ¢here is a small, reasonable overhang for the roof but strictly within the limit of the "reasonable overhang" - no more than "2 studs outside the base" (1 of the left side and 1 of the right side).

Thanks for the vote ant the opportunity to clear this point :thumbup::sweet:. Good luck everyone! :wink:

Edited by Almirante Don Rodrigo

Đ¢here is a small, reasonable overhang for the roof but strictly within the limit of the "reasonable overhang" - no more than "2 studs outside the base" (1 of the left side and 1 of the right side).

Actually I did intend to PM you but I didn't know why I never did. :wacko:

Anyway, my concern was the usage of a 32x32 baseplate but I gave you the benefit of doubt that your entry still remains within 8x8 on a reasonable overhang basis.

Yatkuu- Your vignette is very nice, except for the "pentagram"- which is not a pentagram, it's a "Star of David"

260px-Star_of_David.svg.png

It's a Jewish symbol- your use of the Star of David as a dark-witch-ritual symbol may offend a lot of people (including me).

I said it before in this thread, and I'm waiting for your reply, Yatkuu.

Hello! I think my entry is OK according to the rules :

"Category A - The Rules

* Build a vignette that measures 8 studs by 8 studs. (No height limit.).

* A reasonable overhang is allowed to accommodate tree limbs or minifigures accessories, but may not exceed more than 2 studs outside the base. ..."

Thanks for the vote ant the opportunity to clear this point :thumbup::sweet:. Good luck everyone! :wink:

I think it was a very clever way around the rules. My only question is: can the vignette stand up by itself, not on the 32x32 baseplate? Or is the baseplate a structural, rather than decorative element, without which it would tip over.

Just so you know, I like your vignette and I think it's great that it got in, so I'm not trying to contest that-- I was just wondering.

Winners of this building contest are to take note that the address/info are to send to DarkFang via PM for process. I have updated the first post to reflect this new change as it will helps to coordinate the mailing efforts on my side.

I think it was a very clever way around the rules. My only question is: can the vignette stand up by itself, not on the 32x32 baseplate? Or is the baseplate a structural, rather than decorative element, without which it would tip over.

Just so you know, I like your vignette and I think it's great that it got in, so I'm not trying to contest that-- I was just wondering.

Mariko, you asked a good question. I will like to know if the vignette could stand on its own as well especially after I saw his second round of updates.

This is very important.

noname, please stop trying to call Yatkuu out in this thread. We are a community here and he deserves the benefit of the doubt. Not everyone is educated about other religions or cultures and insisting he answers you is unnecessary. I doubt the offense he has caused you was intentional. You must give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that he is a good person that is unaware of what was offensive about it. You have posted a very thorough explanation of what could be offensive and the difference between the two symbols. It's very clear and we will wait for a response from Yatkuu.

Anyone else who feels offended by this, please consider that it was an innocent mistake on his part. Any other concern about the entry in question should be directed through me via PM, and not directly to Yatkuu. We are a community and we do our best to respect each other. I understand you feel disrespected by the entry, but please consider that it was unintentional, after all Yatkuu might be very young and not have had the chance to be educated on such matters and the responses may have scared him off. Please, everyone, remember this is a toy we enjoy as our hobby. Do not take it so seriously.

Winners of this building contest are to take note that the address/info are to send to DarkFang via PM for process. I have updated the first post to reflect this new change as it will helps to coordinate the mailing efforts on my side.

Mariko, you asked a good question. I will like to know if the vignette could stand on its own as well especially after I saw his second round of updates.

At the beginning, the hut was supposed to be stand on a 8x8 platform, but it looked very disproportionate :wacko: . The gear mechanism does not allow it to stay strictly horizontal and to stand on its own without a platform - it's fragile. I think it could be stabilized with reinforced legs (and than it could even walk and smash some innocent Forestman :grin::devil: )

The origin and usage of that symbol is more complicated than what you imply; as Wikipedia and other sources highlight. I suspect he just made a honest mistake and meant no offense (he does call it a pentagram afterall), but in any case the Jewish people do not have a monopoly on that symbol so it makes no sense to take it as an attack on them.

This is very important.

noname, please stop trying to call Yatkuu out in this thread. We are a community here and he deserves the benefit of the doubt. Not everyone is educated about other religions or cultures and insisting he answers you is unnecessary. I doubt the offense he has caused you was intentional. You must give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that he is a good person that is unaware of what was offensive about it. You have posted a very thorough explanation of what could be offensive and the difference between the two symbols. It's very clear and we will wait for a response from Yatkuu.

Anyone else who feels offended by this, please consider that it was an innocent mistake on his part. Any other concern about the entry in question should be directed through me via PM, and not directly to Yatkuu. We are a community and we do our best to respect each other. I understand you feel disrespected by the entry, but please consider that it was unintentional, after all Yatkuu might be very young and not have had the chance to be educated on such matters and the responses may have scared him off. Please, everyone, remember this is a toy we enjoy as our hobby. Do not take it so seriously.

You might have misunderstood me: I am aware that Yatkuu could have did it by mistake, and I just wanted his clarification before starting with accusations. I would have PMed him, but as you probably know, he has less than 10 posts.

The origin and usage of that symbol is more complicated than what you imply; as Wikipedia and other sources highlight. I suspect he just made a honest mistake and meant no offense (he does call it a pentagram afterall), but in any case the Jewish people do not have a monopoly on that symbol so it makes no sense to take it as an attack on them.

I admit, it was a mistake to not a research. I wasn't aware of the hexagram's other uses. I didn't take it as an attack on the Judaism and such, I just wanted an explanation.

I'm very sorry if I offended anyone (or scared off anyone) myself, this wasn't my intention.

I posted this reply here (instead of PMing), so everyone will be able to see my explanation (before jumping to conclusions)

Edited by noname

I'm very sorry if I offended anyone (or scared off anyone) myself, this wasn't my intention.

No harm, no foul, right? Thanks for the apology. You're cool with me. If something like this bugs you in the future, please feel free to contact staff directly. We are here to help. :sweet:

Wow, voting really picked up when the possibility of winning something came into the picture! I'm doing better than I expected, but not as well as I had hoped. Oh, well--either way, there's a MOC coming out of it. If I place, I'm going to try to develop the Mexican restaurant into a full, modular-scale MOC. If I don't place, well, I'll make a few more vignettes in which a health inspector visits and shuts the place down.

24 hours left before voting is officially closes!

*Based on this post*

this is probably the wrong place to ask but..why are all the admins going sesame street? :wacko:

I'm a bit confused about the wording. It was said that we'd find out the results in seven days--did you mean seven days from when the voting started (that is, today), or seven days from when the voting ended?

I'm a bit confused about the wording. It was said that we'd find out the results in seven days--did you mean seven days from when the voting started (that is, today), or seven days from when the voting ended?

Voting ends within 7 days. Announcement of results will be made very soon.

For anyone interested, my late entry can be found here. :classic: