Sign in to follow this  
Legostein

MINI Republic Light Cruiser

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello everyone!

After a busy week, it's my pleasure to share the latest mini model with you. :classic:

Among the new ship types of the Clone Wars animated TV series you will also find the so-called Republic Light Cruiser (reference link). This is a small cruiser, way smaller than the Venator and Acclamator. The design is kind of a hybrid bewteen a Venator (general wedge shape) and Consular Space Cruiser (engine block). It appears in the episode "Grievous Intrigue" (second season).

The bricked model was a bit tricky as there's a gap in the wedge shape in the front section. Furthermore the wedge tips are very sharp in the front. Thus, the most convenient method was to create it with slopes attached in snotty fashion instead of using wedge plates. :classic:

Here are the images. As always, click on the images to get all views plus the instructions. :classic:

republic-light-cruiser-1.jpg

republic-light-cruiser-3.jpg

republic-light-cruiser-4.jpg

That's it for today. Thanks for stepping by and enjoy your week-end!

Yours Christopher.

Hello!

You're ultra quick today! :classic:

I always like using those clickit rings when I have engines that are between 1 and 2 studs in width, like for the minifig head as engine. You'll find this technique on several models of the collection. :classic:

See you around,

~ Christopher

Ahhhh, every time I see Clickits, it reminds me I want some. /runs to Bricklink

But I know nothing about them, what pieces can be used on studs, dimensions, etc. Is there a Clickets MOC AFOL'er guide or something?

Ahem. Sorry for that. Back on the topic at hand...

This is quite nice, and looks good to the source material. The use of minifig heads and the "rail" plate is novel. That and the...

CLICKETS! :tongue:

EDIT: I'll probably say over there too, but thanks to the comments on my recent MOC. :classic:

Edited by TheWarden

Great, now I have a growing urge for Clickets.

That's a really nice mini. I still haven't seen this episode, but I still like it.

Another great mini Legostein, the model looks really sleek and the white color scheme with dark red highlights looks very clean and regal. I agree the use of the clickit parts and the dark red minifig heads are very effective for the thrusters. Impressive job as always.

You know whatthe funniest thing about this is? I am watching that episode right now and it's right at the part with Grievous's and Obi's duel on it's bridge :laugh:

Anyways nice job on this :thumbup: I really like the technique you used with the clickets piece a lot :classic:

Hello!

Thank you everyone for the nice comments! I am glad you appreciate new building ideas like incorporating the clickit rings. It was not the first time for this model, and Belville flowers have already been used, too. :classic:

See you around!

~ Christopher

Funnily enough as soon as I saw that episode I new you would do a Mini based on that ship, and here it is! :wub:

Spot on as usual! I really like those clicket pieces as part of the engines. :thumbup:

Nice job! I wish TLC would make this ship into a set with the characters from the episode in it!

CF

AWESOME Republic Light Cruiser 'Legostein' :grin: - those trans-blue parts just adds that bling to it - clean and straight - very Old Republic !

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet: