Sign in to follow this  
clear

How do I access the parts in a .lxf set?

I'm not sure I've understand you question.

Can you explain exactly what do you mean?

If you are looking for bricks not available in standard LDD modes, read again the replay I gave you here.

PS: the sentence you quoted above is mine, and it is a replay to your sentence "Surely there must be a list of the included set with ldd?".

I'm not sure I've understand you question.

Can you explain exactly what do you mean?

If you are looking for bricks not available in standard LDD modes, read again the replay I gave you here.

PS: the sentence you quoted above is mine, and it is a replay to your sentence "Surely there must be a list of the included set with ldd?".

I'll be more specific with my question. When a .lxf set is downloaded to a Hardrive, like this set here, http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41226&st=0&p=728282entry728282 The AT-AT, How does one get these parts? This is a specific 'set'. What I want to do is add the parts that construct the AT-AT? I would assume that there's a way to access these parts that make up the model.

If these parts aren't available, how was the model built? I can only assume, the only other answers are that these parts are extra parts that are available in universe mode, and/or that there are designed in a 3d modeling program? All these questions come from the fact that 'Being that im new to LDD' I have no idea what parts are actually available in LDD.

I think i understand now, what I originally thought was that, there was a way to create 'with a 3d modeling program' your own parts. Your saying however that this is not possible, these parts are available in universe mode. Is that correct?

Edited by clear

Correct!

All parts user in all sets you can find in the topic you linked are available in Universe Mode.

Another way to obtain these parts is to "import" that from a model that already uses that.

But having all parts available in the palette is usually more comfortable.