Anio

[MOC] Executor-Class Super Star Destroyer

WOW...i mean WOW ! Very accurate... Great MOC ! BRAVO ;)

Edited by dindon

Awesome Moc man, i'm always impressed when i see such a great attention to detail by building mocs... wish i could build something like that, but i have neither the skill nor the money to realize it. :P But one question: why didn't you use dark bluish gray pieces for the greebs on the top and on both sides of the executor? On all pictures of the Executor that i know, these areas are darker than the "wings" or whatever you call the rest. =P But it still looks A-W-E-S-O-M-E, one of the best mocs i've seen so far! :D

Amazing work Anio. I'm sure many here would give a body part to own that model! It should serve as inspiration to LEGO's designers if they ever decidee to make a version themselves. Look forward to seeing your next project.

Amazing. The scale and the detail (especially on the top!) is very impressive. I'm not too familiar with the ship itself, so I'm not entirely sure if this is how it looks, but it still looks great.

Now THAT'S and impressive build! The sheer size of it is beyond my collection, but aspire to be there one day. I'll bet that took some serious man hours.

My favotire part is definitely the detail work along the midline of the ship. I alway thought that was the coolest aspect of the SW movies, all those little mish-mashed details on the surfaces of the destroyers and the death stars. I remember a documentary of the first trilogy where a guy said they used a ton of model parts all glued together for the death star run in the first movie.

Way to go, Anio!

'Anio', that is simply AWESOME!

You must have more patience than I can even imagine. LOL

Great job. Just GREAT!

:oh: (totally speechless)

After 5 minutes: What a terriffic moc!

And the little ISD is the cherry on the cake. :thumbup::classic:

You should spend some time reading the instructions for official sets as Lego has used magnets on their UCS models before. I think that's one reason he used them on the Executor, to mimic official building techniques.

Yes, I think I will read them! :classic:

Fantastic creation Anio! I don't normally post in the star Wars forum, but for this I will definitely make an exception. The huge amounts of greebs and details on the Super Star Destroyer is incredible, and the sleek shape of it is perfect. I literally cannot fault this.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Well done on attempting such a large build and doing it so well. :thumbup: Loving the greebles and the solution to the gaps was very clever.

This is both supremely inspiring and at the same time totally discouraging, as I never would have the means to accomplish such a build.

That's superb piece of LEGO art! Your are a mad genius! :yoda:

The steps since the beginnig are beautiful ...the same technique of the Lego Star Destroyer assembled using magnets! REALLY IMPRESSIVE! *oh2*

My favourite picture is the family photo ...how many kilos of lego are on that table? :wub::wub::wub:

You are a real Jedy Master :vader:

how many kilos of lego are on that table? :wub::wub::wub:

Dunno. But there are about 13,000 parts.

I know this is a long shot, but is there any chance you could upload a part list...or instructions...or more close up pictures? I REALLY want to recreate this as I desperately want an Executor but don't have the income to order parts just to see if things will work or not.

Edited by StoutFiles

Bumping an old thread with an excellent creations. It seems like the magnet-solution from 10030 really turned out well for stability and ease-of build. Was it hard to make all the large components come together?

I know this is a long shot, but is there any chance you could upload a part list...or instructions...or more close up pictures? I REALLY want to recreate this as I desperately want an Executor but don't have the income to order parts just to see if things will work or not.

Try searching your favourite search engine for "executor instructions", "lego executor" or similar. You will find what you are searching for.

Bumping an old thread with an excellent creations. It seems like the magnet-solution from 10030 really turned out well for stability and ease-of build. Was it hard to make all the large components come together?

Try searching your favourite search engine for "executor instructions", "lego executor" or similar. You will find what you are searching for.

Oh I've done all of that. That particular Executor is a foot too long for my display area, is flimsy in the front, and uses many discontinued pieces. Anio's, while a little less accurate, is perfect scale and looks much better. If I can't get help recreating his model I'll have to make my own attempt at it in the future.

You are right regarding that Executor. It has been due for an overhaul for quite some time (8 years!). Add it to the long list of projects that I need to find time for :tongue:

There are a lot of pictures in the first post. If you can figure out how to recreate the frame and get the gist of the design of the wings, then you should be well under way to duplicate it. The greebles of the city is actually the easiest part, where you can let yourself loose and just build. Try to build the engine bank last, as its design will rely on how you angle the wings.

10030 does not only give you parts, it also provides you with great building techniques.

Just remember (everyone) to give proper credits when publishing :classic:

It seems like the magnet-solution from 10030 really turned out well for stability and ease-of build. Was it hard to make all the large components come together?

Making the wing fit with the structure was okay. Making the wings fit with the greebs plateau was a bit harder. Cause the angle of the plateau is not the same as the angle of the structure, since the wings are not horizontal (dunno if you see what I mean).

But building a very strong structure with perfect angles everywhere is definitely the hardest part of the MOC. I spent half of the time of the design process to achieve this structure. iansolo.gif

It is also necessary to find the right angles for the structure of the tail.

Greebs take much time too. But it is not as hard if you know how do you want them to look like.

It's quite a good idea to give us some of your building history, but maybe it would have been better to first post a picture of the finished product? At first I though this would be a WIP thread.

Now onto the MOC: I really like all the detail you have given it. Maybe tiles would have looked better, but that is a matter of opinion. Are you sure the ISD is to scale? Even though the Executor is huge, this one seems maybe a little bit too small.

A few years ago, I tried to moc a similar wedge design for a ISD MOC and failed miserably. Anyway, I'm into much older ships now so I don't have to worry :tongue:

Amazing job, I don't think there are many Star Destroyer MOCs of such a quality!