Anio

[MOC] Executor-Class Super Star Destroyer

Describing the building process is important to me. I think this can be very helpful for other people.

Because a good MOC must first have a good design (something strong, optimised, etc).

And the fact that on EB I can post as much photo as I want (but I remain reasonnable ; all the photos on this page are not very big), is very useful for me. Because it enables me to explain many things. On the contrary, on FBTB I can not post as much photos as I want, and that's a big problem for me. For me, presenting a MOC is not giving a link to a gallery. It is much better with the photos in the thread, with comments on each photos.

I agree with the building photos, it really helps a lot for people to appreciate more the creation. I'm on the same boat as you that a good MOC presentation should be comprehensive and complete, with reasonable amounts of photos to showcase the details of the MOC.

All the parts I have for my MOCs (and so, all the bags you see on the photos) have been bought on Bricklink.

I never buy sets for their parts. If I want parts, I go on Bricklink. So, I get only what I need.

Besides, my collection is not so big to do MOCs ( http://www.brickset....h/?OwnedBy=Anio ). All the UCS models are built. I don't do anythings with my Technic, because it is studless (MOCing with studless is not what I prefere...). Yesterday I bought the 10212. Like the other UCS, I will build it and put it on a shelf. So, I don't have any spare parts with the models I buy.

Moreover, I hates having many parts in my storage boxes. Because when I look at them, I think "Do something with these parts !! You can't let them like that !!". That's why I rebuilt my 10030 ASAP. More generally : the fewer useless part I have, the better it is.

I think we share the same principle in MOCing (though yours are way better then mine). Bricklink is also my bestfriend in my MOCs, as I rarely have excess parts from sets. Heck, my MOC collection might be even larger than my set ones. :grin: Anyway, pls. keep continuing making these amazing creations of yours. You're doing a great service to the LSW community.

Another superb MOC, Anio - thanks for sharing !

What impresses me most is how you have avoided making significant compromises just to make the build easier - the shape looks perfect to me, and you have clearly made huge efforts to get it just right. I also think the greebling is absolutely marvellous !

Can't wait for your next MOC !!

Cheers,

Dr. D.

Thats impressive! :wub:

You've done an excellent job with all 3 versions, the shape is spot on, and man that is a ton of Greebs!

The family photo is a stunner, they really look good together!

By the way nice music in the vid :thumbup:

CF

um.. WOW! :cry_happy:

This is truly a fantastic piece of work. Ever since I first saw ESB I have always marveled over this ship. Now just seeing it in this astonishing rendition of it in Lego is truly amazing. The greebles are absolutely incredible and the ship is so big!

I really do commend your for this great MOC and I hope your are able to do another huge ship in the future! :thumbup:

Impressive really, It, and its moc brother the venator one... i understand the ISD is the original one

World class MOC'ing. :thumbup:

I'll have to reread this topic a few times to let it all in.

You've nailed it and the hat's off to you.

Thanks for sharing your building experience with us - it's nice to know what it takes to make something like this and how long it actually takes.

I can only concure with everyone else - Fantastic MOC!

But what's most impressive is the story of how it came to be, where you explain the design and building process.

Thank you for shaing this with us. :thumbup:

A beautiful piece! And there's something I really like about taking a pic of it on a white-table-clothed table against greenery, very classically French! :sweet:

WOW! I'm very impressed :thumbup:

The set look really good, I never new this class of Star Destroyer was that large.

You have done an excellent job. keep it up!

a white-table-clothed table against greenery, very classically French! :sweet:

hophophop.gif

And thanks for the frontpage ; it is an honor. :sweet:

Edited by Anio

Now try to build one in minifig scale :tongue: . I wonder how big that one will be.

About 420 meters long. O_o

Edited by Anio

This is really impressive! How hwavy is this thing? Did you reinforce it enough, to be mobile?

Edited by Zblj

How hwavy is this thing?

Hum. Dunno really. :sceptic:

I would say that it is a little bit less heavy than the 10030.

Did you reinforce it enough, to be mobile?

Yeah, I put a lot of effort into the design. It has a true frame and it is well reinforced. So, it is strong. :classic:

Hot-dayum, that's one beast of a MOC! :sweet: Very well done Anio!

I really admire how you stuck to the principles you set before you started and how you made the set so similar to what TLG would! That must have been the hardest bit; the limiting of parts and using other techniques! The greebles are fantastic and the sheer amount of them just makes me cry with joy! :cry_happy:

So all in all, a superb job and I look forward to your next project if you have one! :thumbup:

This is really impressive indeed.

I also found very interesting that you described parts of your design process. I love to learn about that and discover new ideas. For example, I think your use of magnets is quite clever, I had never though of that. I also appreciate the fact that you built this according to guidelines (no illegal build, ...). It makes it all the more challenging.

...I love to learn about that and discover new ideas. For example, I think your use of magnets is quite clever, I had never though of that...

You should spend some time reading the instructions for official sets as Lego has used magnets on their UCS models before. I think that's one reason he used them on the Executor, to mimic official building techniques.

I think that's one reason he used them on the Executor, to mimic official building techniques.

Yes, this techniques was first used in the 10030. But I was not aiming at mimicing the building techniques of this set.

I used this technique because it is simply the best way to attach the bottom wings. ;)

I don't know a better way to achieve this.