Anio

[MOC] Executor-Class Super Star Destroyer

Hi Anio - Newbie here. I tried to contact you via the link you provided, but the "Nous contacter" link on your website just takes me back to the top of the page. Is there any other way to get your email address so that I can send you the money for the SSD

The email adress is supposed to appear in a new window.

setechnic [at] gmail [dot] com

Hi everyone,

Just received the instructions from Anio and am taking a quick look through, really quite some feat this is!

Was wondering if anyone who re-created this set has done so with a stock 10221 and bricklinked the remaining parts? As I'm currently starting with almost nothing(apart from a few spare technic bricks/pins), I'm not sure if it might just be "cheaper" to buy a local 10221(~430 Euros) and start from there? The last time I ordered a 1000+ parts from a seller in Europe, it cost me 200+euros after shipping(already one of the cheapest seller I could find) and if the 10221 is good for 2000+ parts, I think it might actually be worth considering?

From what I have read in the last few pages, most people recommend starting from a 10030, but I don't have one lying around and they are also currently priced out of my budget, so I'm not even considering it.

Any advice will be welcomed!

Hi everyone,

Just received the instructions from Anio and am taking a quick look through, really quite some feat this is!

Was wondering if anyone who re-created this set has done so with a stock 10221 and bricklinked the remaining parts? As I'm currently starting with almost nothing(apart from a few spare technic bricks/pins), I'm not sure if it might just be "cheaper" to buy a local 10221(~430 Euros) and start from there? The last time I ordered a 1000+ parts from a seller in Europe, it cost me 200+euros after shipping(already one of the cheapest seller I could find) and if the 10221 is good for 2000+ parts, I think it might actually be worth considering?

From what I have read in the last few pages, most people recommend starting from a 10030, but I don't have one lying around and they are also currently priced out of my budget, so I'm not even considering it.

Any advice will be welcomed!

Sorry to bump this thread, but does anyone have an answer to the above question? I'm also curious whether 0221 has a good portion of the parts required.

I forgot to answer, sorry.

Sorry to bump this thread, but does anyone have an answer to the above question? I'm also curious whether 0221 has a good portion of the parts required.

Buying 10221 is NOT a good way to gather the parts for my model.

It is cheaper to buy the parts on bricklink.

I forgot to answer, sorry.

Buying 10221 is NOT a good way to gather the parts for my model.

It is cheaper to buy the parts on bricklink.

Thanks for the reply :classic: Can you give a rough price estimate for Bricklinking this?

About 550€ if you have absolutely no spare parts and so buy everything on BL.

If those who reproduced it could tell us how much it costed, it would be great. :)

Edited by Anio

Including shipping, I spent about $775USD on Anio's SSD. I started with a very small inventory of parts, raiding 10179 for some of the light bluish gray levers and a few other greebles, but about 99% of the parts came from Bricklink.

If you take your time to look for the best deals, and are not as impatient as I am, you can spend less. :classic:

-Kevin

Allllrighty.

I just bought another 10030.

I think in conjuntion with that 10030 and my pair of 10221s I have enough to attempt this project.

Hello Anio,

I'm new to this site and I love your MOC of Executor-Class Super Star Destroyer.

and you MOC made me join this site.

Unfortunately I don't have enough post to PM you to obtain your copy of instruction.

Please email me the direction on how I can proceed to obtain your instruction.

Email works better for me and you can email me at babo1004 at gmail dot com.

or you can PM here.

Thank you very much for you help in advance

Dan

Anio should reply shortly to give you payment instructions.

Done. ;)

Hello everyone,

Since August 2010 when I completed that MOC, I was asked instructions so many times for this model, that I finally took this request into account.

This was possible thanks to the work of another SeTechnic member, who has now become a friend IRL : Frousmoul.

He took my Executor to his home, and he modeled it. That was a very long process for a 3100 part MOC (3118, precisely).

Then, he did the steps. Very long too.

Then, I redesign a bit the structure at the front for the model to be more optimised. Indeed, when you keep a MOC for yourself, it can be "just good". But when you offer it to the community, you have to remove the smallest "defects".

So, frousmoul had to rework on the instruction he already had complete. He was a bit angry ( siffle.gif ), but I insisted for him to update the instruction. Indeed, I think this was important.

After maaaaaaaaany hours of work, the instruction itself was complete.

Then, nice pics (thank you, Blakbird ;) ), a short introduction, the inventory, a few other thing, and the whole file was complete !

[snip]

[snip]

[snip]

As I and Frousmoul are pretty fans of what is offer to the community for a symbolic price, we choosed to do so for the instruction.

On the other hand, as I wouldn't care of payment for 1 little euro, I finally choose a price of 5€ for the instruction.

Obviously, this price remains symbolical.

Nevertheless, I you want to send a premium in order to reward the hundreds hours of work, to support that kind of work for the community, or any other reason that is important to you, you can do it.

In other words, the minimum price is 5€, and you choose the maximum price.

The revenues are equally shared between Frousmoul and I (50/50).

Well. Then, how it works to get the instruction ?

You have to send me a PM. I do explain you how to pay (paypal, or IBAN). I confess I do prefer IBAN, because there is no fee.

In any case, when you pay, write something to let me know who you are (your pseudonym seems to be the most convenient thing for me). When I get the payment, I give you your link to download the file (HD professional instruction ; 370 MO).

Then, you have one day to download the file. After that, the link won't work anymore.

It will be modified to be used for someone else.

So, the quicker you download your file, the quicker I'm able to offer the instruction to the next person.

So, tell me when you are done.

Please, be fair-play : do not share your link with other people.

One more thing : it is highly advised to own 10030 to reproduce my Executor. :wink:

It provides a lot of parts and so make things much easier.

Incredible MOC. I'm new to this, but I really want these instructions. Now I just have to have the right amount of posts.

Thanks again for the amazing work!

All the best,

Edited by Brickdoctor
Please don't quote large images.

Hi Greg,

Email me at setechnic[at]gmail[dot]com ;)

Thanks again Anio, I'll email you asap.

By the way, how do you compare your build with the other ones still in development?

I meant, essentially, how does your averall form compare to the one that Bob De Quatre is currently building. He seems to have searched a long time to optimize the profiles of the hulls to fit the best he can the different miniatures that exist outhere.

I was interested by having a comparisson of both. But yours is amazing, do not take my question as a negative critic, far from that! :-)

Thanks again,

Thanks again Anio, I'll email you asap.

By the way, how do you compare your build with the other ones still in development?

I meant, essentially, how does your averall form compare to the one that Bob De Quatre is currently building. He seems to have searched a long time to optimize the profiles of the hulls to fit the best he can the different miniatures that exist outhere.

I was interested by having a comparisson of both. But yours is amazing, do not take my question as a negative critic, far from that! :-)

Thanks again,

Good question.

With the hundreds of feedbacks I get on that MOC, I think I can say that this MOC is the one the community prefers among the UCS models I did.

however, I think ths is the model I could improve the most (still among all the UCS models I did).

The model is not flat enough. I think Bob's model is better regarding that matter.

The back (dark bluish gray part) is not modular either, which is not a good point regarding my standards.

Otherwise, it fits my expectations and standards. It has some good and homogeneous greebs, and it is modular with the 4 wings, the greebs and the structure.

The length is perfect IMO (124 cm). For your information, 10221 is also 124 cm long, and it is a good clue for me to say that 124cm give a very good balance between all the aspects the model must comply with.

Bob's model is too big IMO. Btw, I would be interested to see how he built the inside (structure, link between wings and structure, etc).

Hope this message answer your question.

Edited by Anio

Thanks for the quick answer.

I just looked at the instructions, and man, this is a truly beautiful gem you did there. I think too that going big is not the only way to achieve precision and details. Your greebs is splendid for instance. And the midi scale Destroyer is really well done too. I hope the man will somehow give instructions for it too.

And a last one, maybe often asked: How much would it cost to buy ALL the bricks for yours? Did someone already placed a full package order?

Thanks again,

I agree with Anio, my SSD is too big.

When you build a UCS model, you had to make compromise, as everything is not realizable with Lego bricks.I think I thought about details that Anio didn't, and vice versa.

For example I spent a lot of time studiying the studio model and tried to reproduce the shapes and details, that's maybe why my SSD is flater than Anio's... but that's also why it got a frailer structure.

Telling wich model is better than another is a personnal choice. And I won't say that mine is better that Anio's or that his is better than mine... I'd say they are different in many points (shape, size, ...) and you should make your own choice...

Anyway, if you want to build a SSD during the next month, go with Anio's one, it's a great model, Anio is a great builder and you won't be disappointed :wink:

Just curious but roughly how much of the SSD can be made from the UCS SD? Ive already bricklinked the price of all the parts for the SSD but if I can get 70%+ of the parts from buying the SD and bricklink the remaining parts then that would be a lot more convenient than ordering individual parts from 10+ bricklink shops (assuming I get the SD for a good price that is).

A while ago, somemone emailed me and said 10221 provides 40-41% of the parts.

A while ago, somemone emailed me and said 10221 provides 40-41% of the parts.

to be precise we have exactly 27,65 % of the parts.

to be precise we have exactly 27,65 % of the parts.

I guess you are right. I never checked it out myself.

I was referring to 10030 not 10221.

I have no idea, sorry.

Just curious but roughly how much of the SSD can be made from the UCS SD? Ive already bricklinked the price of all the parts for the SSD but if I can get 70%+ of the parts from buying the SD and bricklink the remaining parts then that would be a lot more convenient than ordering individual parts from 10+ bricklink shops (assuming I get the SD for a good price that is).

A little search at Rebrickable shows that you'll end up having a maximum of 80.4 % of the needed parts. This was calculated with the close color match option, because of the old light grey/LBG issue. So I don't know it included differences between light and dark grey and so on... So don't take this number for granted. The minimum amount of parts you'll have is 12.9 %, but that's calculated without all the grey pieces.

In the end, it should be a very impressive percentage!

Other sets to consider you can find at the bottom of this Rebrickable page.

I hope that helps!

Seems like I accidently included my own parts. You can enter the sets you already have, you see, to include those parts in the calculations. In the end, you'll see which parts you'll still be missing.