Anio

[MOC] Executor-Class Super Star Destroyer

Anyway, I'm into much older ships now so I don't have to worry :tongue:

You mean future ships.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

:wink:

And guys, Anio spent a lot of time trying to make this one of the best Executers on the 'Net. It's only fair that he doesn't have to share the specific details. You could always build prototypes or virtually, and besides, figuring it out is half the fun. You get a much larger sense of accomplishment when you successfully reverse-engineer something on this scale than if you just follow instructions.

It's quite a good idea to give us some of your building history, but maybe it would have been better to first post a picture of the finished product? At first I though this would be a WIP thread.

Actually, it seems logical to me to first show the design process and then show the finished model. :)

Maybe tiles would have looked better, but that is a matter of opinion. Are you sure the ISD is to scale? Even though the Executor is huge, this one seems maybe a little bit too small.

I do not like big tiled surfaces. :)

Otherwise, yes, the ISD is to scale with the Executor. It would have been too bad to spend hours and hours designing the "main" model (Executor) and then doing a huge mistake on the design of the easiest part of the MOC (ISD). ^^

Amazing job, I don't think there are many Star Destroyer MOCs of such a quality!

Thank you. :sweet:

And guys, Anio spent a lot of time trying to make this one of the best Executers on the 'Net. It's only fair that he doesn't have to share the specific details. You could always build prototypes or virtually, and besides, figuring it out is half the fun. You get a much larger sense of accomplishment when you successfully reverse-engineer something on this scale than if you just follow instructions.

I never said he had to, it was worth a shot to ask. I'll experiment late this year with building my own (assuming there will be no UCS Executor this year).

Edited by StoutFiles

You mean future ships.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

:wink:

My bad, I just didn't think of that intro sentence that's associating SW with a fairy tale. :wacko:

It's still kind of weird to see it in that order.

Anyway, I should be around here more often.

Ironic, isn't is?

It's still a great MOC regardless, and better than TLG's. Doesn't take away from the MOC at all.

Hello everyone,

Since August 2010 when I completed that MOC, I was asked instructions so many times for this model, that I finally took this request into account.

This was possible thanks to the work of another TechLUG member, who has now become a friend IRL : Frousmoul.

He took my Executor to his home, and he modeled it. That was a very long process for a 3100 part MOC (3118, precisely).

Then, he did the steps. That was a very long process too.

And after maaaaaaaaany hours of work, the instruction is complete.

01.jpg

02.jpg

04.jpg

The price of the instruction is very symbolical : only 10€.

Nevertheless, I you want to send a premium in order to reward the hundreds hours of work, to support that kind of work for the community, or any other reason that is important to you, it is of course much appreciated.

To actually buy the instruction, PM me on Eurobricks, Youtube or FlickR. Or even better : email me at setechnic@gmail.com

Enjoy !

Thats awesome man, good thing I own a 10030. How much for the instructions in US dollars and using paypal? I have the new SSD, I wonder how many of those parts I can use for yours? Again, thanks much for the effort to make this availible to AFOL's.

Thats awesome man, good thing I own a 10030. How much for the instructions in US dollars and using paypal? I have the new SSD, I wonder how many of those parts I can use for yours? Again, thanks much for the effort to make this availible to AFOL's.

Yes, with 10221 and 10030, you have a lot of part to do my model. :)

For the payment, just convert the amount you want to give with xe.com. :wink:

Acquired this instructions book from Anio. I must admit it is amazing. Nice high definition drawings, good instructions and part list.

I am quite impressed by the whole work behind this project.

I hope you consider doing this for models there isn't an equivalent UCS model for, such as your podracers.

Time will tell...

Impressive, most impressive! I must say that is one beautiful ucs version of the executor. A job well done!

I first planned to get the official TLG UCD SSD (by sourcing the necessary parts via BL) and mod it to look better, but when I saw this, my plans changed... :sweet: (going through the part list and comparing with the UCS SSD, the MOC contains less obscure and expensive parts (like 2 x 4 tiles), making it actually easier to source - and for some parts, getting them from TLG as replacement for the 10030 should work fine (like the large plates for example)...). I have the 10030 (also gathered via BL as parts) and it will NOT be dismantled. I want both on display at the same time...

I first planned to get the official TLG UCD SSD (by sourcing the necessary parts via BL) and mod it to look better, but when I saw this, my plans changed... :sweet: (going through the part list and comparing with the UCS SSD, the MOC contains less obscure and expensive parts (like 2 x 4 tiles), making it actually easier to source - and for some parts, getting them from TLG as replacement for the 10030 should work fine (like the large plates for example)...). I have the 10030 (also gathered via BL as parts) and it will NOT be dismantled. I want both on display at the same time...

I know you can't give me an exact answer, but would you be able to guess how much it would cost to build Anio's MOC by sourcing parts?

I know you can't give me an exact answer, but would you be able to guess how much it would cost to build Anio's MOC by sourcing parts?

I can't give any numbers on it as I'm half-way through the collecting process. And I'm usually put these parts inside BL-orders that I need for other projects. Some of the parts will be ordered from Lego direct instead of BL as they are hard to find or very expensive.

For those who have the 10030, I guess it costs about 200€/250€.

Hi,

Could someone tell me Anio's email address? I want to make an arrangement with him to download his SSD instruction, but cannot send a PM since I am newly registered... Thanks.

Maybe I can PM you.

Let's see...

edit : I can't.

Well, wait a few days to have the right post number, and then we will be able to discuss by PM... :)

edit : e-mail me with the adress at the bottom of that page ("Nous contacter") : http://www.setechnic.com/

Edited by Anio

Maybe I can PM you.

Let's see...

edit : I can't.

Well, wait a few days to have the right post number, and then we will be able to discuss by PM... :)

edit : e-mail me with the adress at the bottom of that page ("Nous contacter") : http://www.setechnic.com/

How can you, a Knight, not be able to PM; but I, a Citizen, am able to?

obiwan1011 needs at least ten posts to send and receive PMs, so Anio is unable to send him one.

Edited by Fallenangel