Anio

[MOC] Executor-Class Super Star Destroyer

EDIT :

Professional building instruction available here :

You can email me at setechnic@gmail.com

/EDIT

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hi everyone !

Today, I present you my latest MOC : it is a UCS Executor.

I started this project at the beginning of January 2010.

With that project, I had several goals. The first one is obviously that the MOC had to be accurate.

And here are the other rules I wanted to respect :

- no illegal build

- no odd colors

- a true frame (like the 10030 ISD)

- no use of old parts which are no more used today by TLG

- optimisation of the part number as much as possible

- the model has to look homogeneous

In my eye, I managed to respect everything. :)

a0.jpg

a01.jpg

a07.jpg

a08.jpg

a10.jpg

a11.jpg

A few more pictures : http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=425848

The video :

I hope you like that MOC which took quite a lot of time and effort. :)

Anio

WOW, as in totally Wow, you have done it again Sir Anio! The sheer amount of greeble details are just amazing, I could just imagine how much time, effort, and 'resources you've put to come up with this truly masterful creation. Impressive job as always! :thumbup: Your collection of 'superships' are looking great.

Edited by KielDaMan

Goodness this is AWESOME 'Anio' - the details on top are fantastic, what a super-star destroyer eh ? :vader:

I'm a conformist! 'Anio' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

This ship is amazing! I can't believe al the detail that has gone into this one, Really, really superb job on this one, and congrats on your collection. Can't wait to see whats next Sir Anio.

On a side note, may I suggest that you reduce the amount of pictures in your first post, the ship is really awesome, but it may take a really long time for it to load for people with a slower internet connection, and personally I think it's a crime if people can't see this beautiful creation.

excellent as always i was keeping an eye on this on your website!

so whats next?

World class MOC! Thanks for detailing the problems you encountered during the build and how you solved them. The back/underside greebling is wonderful.

Simply Marvelous! I love the greebles and the overall shape of it! I cannot find a single thing at fault, now you just need to make it minifigure scale :laugh: Again, great job!

That's no moon...wait...it's not a space station either...holy crap, that's one freakin' big ship!! :laugh: That is massive, as is the amount of greebles. Great work!

Superb, Anio! :thumbup:

It's great that you've taken us stepwise through the process of designing and tweaking the model - a real insight into how it's done - thanks!

One question: the bags of bley bricks and plates in the photos - are they a special order, or are they from another UCS set?

WOW!! That is incredible. The effort and hard work you've put into that is well worth it. An incredible MOC that is accurate. The detail of the greebles is really well done, even by the engines. Very well done. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thank you everyone for your very nice comments. I'm very flattered you like my MOC. whine.gif

On a side note, may I suggest that you reduce the amount of pictures in your first post, the ship is really awesome, but it may take a really long time for it to load for people with a slower internet connection, and personally I think it's a crime if people can't see this beautiful creation.

Describing the building process is important to me. I think this can be very helpful for other people.

Because a good MOC must first have a good design (something strong, optimised, etc).

And the fact that on EB I can post as much photo as I want (but I remain reasonnable ; all the photos on this page are not very big), is very useful for me. Because it enables me to explain many things. On the contrary, on FBTB I can not post as much photos as I want, and that's a big problem for me. For me, presenting a MOC is not giving a link to a gallery. It is much better with the photos in the thread, with comments on each photos.

excellent as always i was keeping an eye on this on your website!

so whats next?

Did you understand well the French posts ? :tongue:

My next projetcs ?

Hum, I currently waiting for parts to put bigger wings on my TIE (I will show you some new photos when it is finished).

Then, I have to redo my Slave and write some reviews on my website.

I hope I will be able to start a new MOC in January.

One question: the bags of bley bricks and plates in the photos - are they a special order, or are they from another UCS set?

All the parts I have for my MOCs (and so, all the bags you see on the photos) have been bought on Bricklink.

I never buy sets for their parts. If I want parts, I go on Bricklink. So, I get only what I need.

Besides, my collection is not so big to do MOCs ( http://www.brickset.com/search/?OwnedBy=Anio ). All the UCS models are built. I don't do anythings with my Technic, because it is studless (MOCing with studless is not what I prefere...). Yesterday I bought the 10212. Like the other UCS, I will build it and put it on a shelf. So, I don't have any spare parts with the models I buy.

Moreover, I hates having many parts in my storage boxes. Because when I look at them, I think "Do something with these parts !! You can't let them like that !!". That's why I rebuilt my 10030 ASAP. More generally : the fewer useless part I have, the better it is.

Edited by Anio

nah i translate it to engilsh and try and read it, the translater gets a lot of words wrong and in the wrong order. :tongue:

Absolutely magnificent. I really love your description of the build process too, it helps a lot to see what you went through before finalising the design. I do wish TLG would do a set like this, I'd definitely buy it (although not too soon, the new Shuttle has emptied my wallet for the time being!)

Amazing model! This is one of my favourite Star Wars ships, it's nice to see such a good Lego model of it-- if only TLG would release it!

Wow. I am out of words. This is awesome! Everything is so perfect, even the mini ISD looks so good! I love that last shot with all those Star ships :thumbup:

How did you make that?

As I wrotte, Oxycrest did it on photoshop.

He does all the display cards of my MOCs (see my Brickshelf gallery). :)

Hello there!

I guess everything has already been said. :wink: But I am also impressed by your creation. It's great to see how you managed to use many of the building techniques of the 10030 Star Destroyer set like the use of magnets to attach the wedge plates to build your very own and original version of a Super Star Destroyer. :classic:

Well done and thanks for sharing,

Christopher