Sign in to follow this  
David Thomsen

Early 90s LEGO Pirate Scans

Old Era, everything was perfect and just like real...eeven when viewing these catalogues you cant see any defect or sign for errors..jjust petfect

Can someone help me figure out which ads contain the posters, I want to buy them but not sure which catalogues to order

Judjing by your great nostalgic idea, you're a real LEGO pirates fan. So am I. I still keep all the LEGo catalogues since 1990, some from different countries. And I quite agree they were better at that time. My project is also about pirates nostalgia. To bring back old pirate sets is a dream of many fans. and LEGO ideas give us a chance from time to time.

If I am completely honest I don't see a purely pirates set so far, getting anywhere close to the 10 000 support though it's a dream of any LEGO fan. -And The Flying Dutchman can prove the posibility. I think pirate Lego Ideas are always worth trying, just as a way of telling Lego we are still here and let them not forget us. And thanks for your idea again.

This 94' scan is one of the prettiest!

I agree with you, I've found the original and those from 1989 to 93 too mixed in my booklets ! pirate_oh.gif

But I think this one is the best and responsible of my love for the Islanders.

Back in the early 90s I spent hours looking at them, dreaming of one day having all the Pirate sets. The physical dioramas provide far better depth and atomsphere than their modern drawn counterparts. The extra effort really does add something to the presentation.

I agree!, As a kid of the 80's and early 90's I would spend time looking at these beautiful pictures, wishing for the sets i did not have. I even wish I had layouts like that for my stuff. I really wish technology would stop ruining classic forms of art such as these old Lego ads.

Lego needs to bring back classic pirates and castle. I love my BSB, SES, IMTP etc... just wish lego would bring back those types of builds. I especially miss the minifigs! Black Knights castle came with 4 horsemen!!!! the last lego castle only had 1 horseman!!! WHY!!!!! Also why did th enew pirate ship have no monkey or parrot!

They were waaay better in the 90's! They will likely never come back :(

I'm not sure if they were better. Color scheme was much darker thou which seems like suited Pirate theme very well...