[MOC] My mysterious bounty hunter and his ship

gallery_101_23_281.gif

4946607044_5998a9b09b_m.jpg

The Twin Sunset by Larry Lars, on Flickr

4946608600_78b1bf88cd_m.jpg

Toshiro by Larry Lars, on Flickr

4946165231_b2960f8132_m.jpg

Underside by Larry Lars, on Flickr

My entry in the "FBTB MOC Madness 2010" contest is a ship with a heavy retro feel to it. I saw this as an opportunity to try out some ideas I have had for a while on how to build WWII era style markings and color scheme.

I've used a lot of building methods that are new to me this time. I ended up with some odd angles and the different color patterns dictated an "all studs outwards" technique.

Any thought? All comments most welcome.

I really like this ship as it looks so much like a WWII fighter plane. the underside is nice and detailed too, which adds a lot.

Good work!

-Tricky-Brick

Oohh, very nice. I agree, the ship does resemble real-world WWII fighters a lot, even the bounty hunter Toshiro resemble the Embo from CW. But I love how you customized the bounty hunter, and the SNOT build of the ship really looks good.

AWESOME ship 'Lars' :grin: - the detailling does look very WWII (Axis inspired) - excellent build 'Lars' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Very World War II-ish. Great job, Lars, I especially like the staff Toshiro is holding.

Edited by Brickdoctor

The ship is really impressive, I love the little cargo hold on the side! Also the underside is really very impressive. :thumbup: When I see the side engines I think, they could be off a podracer! :laugh:

Overall an excellent ship with a stunning bounty hunter to go with it :wub:

Good luck!!

CF

Thanks for the comments and compliments guys. Much appreciated.

5000378695_5a467f6903_m.jpg

Tatooine sunset by Larry Lars, on Flickr

As of now, I'm still in the contest over at FBTB.

There has been some surprising turns with several favorites falling off.

I could use the support in case you think that I'm one of the good ones left. :classic:

Thanks a lot.

Lars, buddy, I gotta admit I wasn't wild about this ship when I first saw it, but after I spent some time studying it, it became one of my two favorites in the contest, (if not my very favorite). Your build is so perfectly and cleanly executed. All of the features, from the bounty chamber to the landing gear, are seamlessly implemented. And I LOVE the retro WWII feel :wub:. I think it fits into the SW universe well too, given the somewhat similar retro looks we saw in the more recent movie additions, especially the Naboo fighter.

I was very sorry to see your set eliminated in the Elite 8 round, but I'm thrilled we at least got to see this build as a result of the contest.

A beauty to look at Lars.

Good job and best of luck in the contest.