Nightmare

The BIONICLE Story Squad Topic

So, hello guys! Me, Nightmare or better known as Night Terror on BZP, have come to tell you that, while we might host our polls and topics on BZP, we keep an eye oin the community, not just the largest forum. So this thread is for all of you guys make your suggestions (instead of PMing, given the fact that only me and Tilius are here), your concerns and, why not, your issues with this project.

In case you don't know yet wat the BIONICLE Story Squad is, here's a direct quote from BZP:

Fellow BZPers' date='

when the end of BIONICLE was announced last year, it was said that Greg Farshtey would continue the story with us, the fans. Many wondered how that would be done - Contests? Suggestions? Something else?

Well, we present you: the answer!

Since Greg is a busy man and is now in sole charge of the entire BIONICLE saga, he has been kept even more busy by fan suggestions and the need to come up with the entire story on his own. Thus, the BIONICLE Story Squad has been created.

This team of nine BZPower members will perform the following tasks:

- We will do research among the fans on BZPower to find out what you want to see in story, however, with no warranty that this will actually happen, since the BIONICLE fandom extends beyond just BZP.

- We will act as receptacle for canon suggestions, taking this burden off of Greg's shoulder. When a suggestion is sent to one of our number, we will ask Greg if he is open to the idea at all, check the pros and cons, decide whether it is worth considering and will poll it on BZP so everyone can have their vote on whether the suggestion becomes canon. The result of the vote will then be passed on to Greg, who will then make the ultimate decision.

- We will see to it that fans can get involved in story in a more coordinated form than before.

- If necessary, we help Greg with anything he might need help with and, when necessary, we will act as a sounding board for ideas.

- The Story Squad will liaison with projects like "BIONICLE: Next Generation" when necessary. However, since the squad focuses on BIONICLE main story, we will not be involved in the "New World" project.

All Story Squad decisions will be announced on BZPower unless they relate to Greg using the squad as sounding board for future storyline ideas. Rest assured that there will be no secret team doing things behind your back!

The Story Squad will consist of the following members:

- Three representatives of BZPower/Storyline & Theories: bonesiii, Erebus, Sisen

- Three representatives of the KanohiJournal and The Chronicler: Bioran23, Shadow Kurahk and Nuhrii the Metruan

- Three regular BZP members that have no affiliation with the former two: Night Terror, -Tilius-

Edit @ Aug 31, 2010: Zarathos has now stepped down.

Regarding canonization:

If you have a suggestion you want canonized, don't PM Greg, but rather one of the team members who will then pass on your suggestion to the rest of the team. However, do not take this as an invitation to send all your random ideas - if something is to be suggested for official canon, we want to hear reasons why it would be useful to have it in canon. Only contact the Story Squad if you firmly believe you have a good idea and you can support it with arguments why it is good. A partial reason for this squad's existence is to make sure all canonizations sound reasonable and not random.

That said, we look forward to taking this story to the next stage with you.

Feel free to ask questions.

Update - a statement by Greg on the second page of this topic...

I'd also like to point out that BSS will be passing things along and making recommendations -- but if they like something, and I don't, it's not getting canonized. And if I love something, and they don't, the odds are its happening. They are not "in control" of the storyline ... LEGO Company is, through me. The fact, for example, that Tilius hated the name Teridax would not have stopped my using it, unless he had a REALLY good argument to make.

In short, while BSS has a very valuable role to play, the intent of this is not to have a brand new story team. The intent is to have people to take some stuff off my desk, to filter suggestions, to maybe catch some potential issues that I might miss, and in short to be story staff. Decisions are still being made by me, and this has not changed that.

Note from bones: Flame and insults will not be tolerated, as they are against BZP's rules (not to mention the spirit of Bionicle, Unity ). All such posts will be edited or deleted and proto may be handed out. More to the point, do not pretend your personal tastes amount to almightly declarations of what should be done or the like; please keep yourself in perspective -- the Bionicle storyline must be done for all the fans, not just one or some.

Most importantly, please keep in mind that you may not understand all of the reasons this is being done right away, so if you disagree with it, do not act as if you are absolutely right and others are wrong no matter what. Trolling and attempts to use hyperbole or false claims to spread untrue rumors will not be tolerated.

Now that you've read this, go on! :D

Edited by 3D Brickthing
Renamed for clarity and pinned!

Unless they are making some kind of game or planning to return the Bionicle Line then I think continuing the story is just teasing really.

Edited by exxtrooper

To clarify the purpose of this topic, you post suggestions for things you think should become canon in the official BIONICLE story, the BSS will consider and discuss it, and then Nightmare or Tilius (or possibly Dorek) will reply back with the results of it. It takes a while for this process to happen though, but feel free to post new suggestions in a meantime.

There aren't any revival rules for this topic, and double posting is alright if a week has passed with no reply, just to let Nightmare/Tilius know that there is a new suggestion.

Hopefully this topic will get some good opinions from older BIONICLE fans who are still interested in seeing BIONICLE live on despite its cancellation. :classic:

To clarify the purpose of this topic, you post suggestions for things you think should become canon in the official BIONICLE story, the BSS will consider and discuss it, and then Nightmare or Tilius (or possibly Dorek) will reply back with the results of it. It takes a while for this process to happen though, but feel free to post new suggestions in a meantime.

There aren't any revival rules for this topic, and double posting is alright if a week has passed with no reply, just to let Nightmare/Tilius know that there is a new suggestion.

Hopefully this topic will get some good opinions from older BIONICLE fans who are still interested in seeing BIONICLE live on despite its cancellation. :classic:

Dorek isn't part of the Squad, so he can't reply with the results. Doesn't mean he can't post his ideas/opinions, though.

Woah, no suggestion from you guys? Makes mes sad :(

Anyways, I'd like to announce that Brickthing and Dorek are now part of the Squad :classic:

>Announced that I was part of the squad before I was a regular here.

Lol.

Anyway, pretty much. We can still debate suggestions and stuff, and reject things we know can't be canon, but if there's something that would pass the selection criteria, then it would be a while before Greg could look at it.