Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

FABULAND Gardener's Cottage

builders_guild.gif

down.jpg

Gaellen Goat is the FABULAND gardener. In addition to tending other people's gardens, she is very proud of her own beautiful landscaping surrounding her quaint stone cottage. She loves to have friends over to entertain in her lush and welcoming yard.

Check out the whole gallery here

001.jpg

*The tree trunks are a CopMike design.*

007.jpg

011.jpg

Check out the whole gallery here

That's FANTASTIC, Hinckley! The texture on the cottage walls is brilliant.

Hinck, this is so fabulastic. Nice of you to drop by to share your Fabuland buildings. It's been a long while since we last saw anything from our FBG. :blush:

:grin:

Another great Fabuland MOC! Thanks for sharing Hinckley :thumbup:

My favourite details are the shutters, with the wooden texture and iron bands, and, of course, the beautiful landscaping surrounding the quaint stone cottage, with those ingenious tree trunks.

'Fab' creation Hinckley. I really like the stone effects and I'm always impressed at how you manage to integrate those Fabuland wall pieces so well. :classic:

Thanks for the feedback guys! It's nice to be posting MOCs again. I built a bunch for Brickworld and haven't had a chance to post them yet. So, hopefully, I can post some more over the coming weeks.

The tree is a transplant from our Sherwood Forest layout and was designed by CopMike. They are cool, aren't they? :sweet:

Now that's Fabutastic 'Hinckley' - beautiful brickwork and lovely gardens....now that's a busy goat ! :grin:

I'm a conformist! 'Hinckley' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Loving it, Mark! Lots of great colours used; I especially like the tan/dark tan highlights. Very quaint as usual, and as normal, it's triggered me off MOCing again...

Is the stonework chimney a technique you're experimenting with - to get more standard brick dimensions? I like it, although it's too parts-intensive for me.

And where's the Fabuland Edge?

Loving it, Mark! Lots of great colours used; I especially like the tan/dark tan highlights. Very quaint as usual, and as normal, it's triggered me off MOCing again...

Is the stonework chimney a technique you're experimenting with - to get more standard brick dimensions? I like it, although it's too parts-intensive for me.

Awesome! Can't wait to see more from you. :sweet: The edge is missing, isn't it? This MOC was a series of quick ones I built in very limited time for Brickworld. I photographed them in even less time at my parents' house before going back to CA where I only had two weeks to get ready to go to Malaysia for four months. So, that's my excuse.

The chimney was an experiment and it was parts intensive. I have been working with randomizing. In Miniland building, since there's more surface area, it can create some great textures and looks. However, in minifig or Fabuland scale there's a lot less space and it doesn't always look right. So, yes, I'm trying to find better ways to get random stone and brick textures. And it needed to look like a different dimension than the "stones" making the cottage.

Great to hear from you! Thanks for checking out my MOC. I'll be checking for a new creation from you soon. :sweet:

Another fabulous Fabuland creation Sir Hinckley! :thumbup: I agree that the uneven texture and color of the walls and chimney are very well-executed. I also like the tree and the flowers.

The walls and chimney are my favourites. You've really succeded in gettin a perfect texture and color variation. Just plain awesome. :thumbup:

(And I agree on the tree trunk. Excellent idea to use minifig heads - just perfect diameter to go with the rest of the scale)

Fabulous work. Nice texture on the walls. :thumbup:

Thank you. :sweet:

Very nice! Must be tedious to build the chimney with plates. :sweet:

Well, tedious is relative. :laugh: Thanks for the nice feedback. :sweet:

Very nice work as always. :wub: I still love that brown 2x1 brick effect. Please tell me though that you didn't recycle the brewery to make this... :look:

Considering that this was a rush job it's quite stunning. It's a very interesting effect the blue inner of the door and main window.

The shutters don't work too well for me though; they seem overly thick and look weird being flush with the chimney. But on the subject of that, the chimney is really cool, and it fits in well considering that most of the MOC relies of the normally unintentional texture and variances of the parts. I'm still a bit iffy on doing that myself as some of the other unintentional textures in this MOC, such as the step-like underside of the roof and exposed studs, you want to be ignored, and that's when it becomes confusing. Know what I mean or am I just ranting?

Sorry for taking so long to get around to commenting on this, and I look forward to seeing more photos of your other new stuff. :sweet:

One other minor negative comment though; have you ever used one of those hand mowers? The back roller thing is supposed to be on the ground. Perhaps Gaellen is a bit nervous over the photo session and has forgotten the basics?

220px-ReelMower.png

We haven't seen the interior; perhaps there's some sort of evil going on in there! :laugh:

The chimney was an experiment and it was parts intensive. I have been working with randomizing. In Miniland building, since there's more surface area, it can create some great textures and looks. However, in minifig or Fabuland scale there's a lot less space and it doesn't always look right. So, yes, I'm trying to find better ways to get random stone and brick textures. And it needed to look like a different dimension than the "stones" making the cottage.

I can relate with the chimney building. I think you need to sparse it out more like I did, with more plates in a variety of grays

Very nice work as always. :wub: I still love that brown 2x1 brick effect. Please tell me though that you didn't recycle the brewery to make this... :look:

No! Never. That is one MOC I will keep intact for as long as I can.

Considering that this was a rush job it's quite stunning. It's a very interesting effect the blue inner of the door and main window.

:blush:

The shutters don't work too well for me though; they seem overly thick and look weird being flush with the chimney. But on the subject of that, the chimney is really cool, and it fits in well considering that most of the MOC relies of the normally unintentional texture and variances of the parts. I'm still a bit iffy on doing that myself as some of the other unintentional textures in this MOC, such as the step-like underside of the roof and exposed studs, you want to be ignored, and that's when it becomes confusing. Know what I mean or am I just ranting?

It makes total sense. You end up being forced to consider the texture of every brick you choose. If one means a certain texture, it can't possibly represent another texture. Brick=stone? What planet are you from? I struggled with the shutters. This is the version I was happiest with. I'm fine with them being flush, but I really don't like the color. But, what color was I going to use for wood after assigning textures to brown, dark brown, tan and dark tan as stones already? :wacko:

One other minor negative comment though; have you ever used one of those hand mowers? The back roller thing is supposed to be on the ground. Perhaps Gaellen is a bit nervous over the photo session and has forgotten the basics?

:wacko: Duh. Sorry. I had to photograph these quick. It was the night before my plane left. None of the new MOCs are photographed well. I had to throw together a makeshift setup in my parents' basement.

I can relate with the chimney building. I think you need to sparse it out more like I did, with more plates in a variety of grays

Thanks for the advice! :sweet::thumbup:

And thanks to everybody who commented and provided feedback. :wub: