traintech1.jpg

09-7715.jpg_thumb.jpg

Name: Push-Along Passenger Steam Train

Set No.: 7715

Theme: LEGO / SYSTEM / Trains / 12v / Train Set

Year: 1985

Pieces: 430

Minifigs: 5

Price (when it was in stores): USD 46.00$ (which equals about EUR 37€)

Price nowadays (2d hand): USD 150.00$ (which equals about EUR 120€)

7715.jpg

This set replaces set 7710 in 1985. The steamengine had now doors for more comfort for the driver. It had also little shutters at the back. I guess for the not included tender. Even the passenger wagons had nice colors, which matched perfectly with set 7818.

7818-1.gif

Click on pic to get a bigger one

It came also with a little trainstation and a circle of 4,5v track. The train could be modified to 4,5v or 12v system, with instructions how to modify it. Perfectly set to start a collection with. This set came as 9th train in my collection and I wanted a red 12v motor for it. And I changed to front light a bit, which was needed when adding a 12v front light. Lets show some pic's of the set:

a_-_great_shot_7715.jpg_thumb.jpg

The right view:

a_-_right_shot_7715.jpg_thumb.jpg

And the left view:

a_-_left_shot_7715.jpg_thumb.jpg

And lets not forget how the train looks inside:

b_-_inner_view_of_the_wagons_7715.jpg_thumb.jpg

A closer look of the little cute trainstation:

b_-_station_of_7715_-1.jpg_thumb.jpg

This is the second model you can made of the train. Finally not a steam engine again, but a nice blue/black diesel engine.

c_-_second_model_7715.jpg

Playability: 8/10 (With 5 minifigs, a great playability. And you can and a 4,5v/12v/9v motor very easily.)

Design: 6/10 (It look realistic, but I miss a little tender behind it. The wagons are great.)

Price: 4/10 (Because it's very simple, but second hand prices are far way too expensive.)

Overall: 7/10 (For beginner is a nice train to start with. And you can add which motor you want.)

Lets see a close look of the 7715 with his red 12v motor:

d_-_close_view_of_7715.jpg_thumb.jpg

Edited by AFOL12v

Really nice rewier, the old lego trains were small in that day and they looks ridiculous for these days, but i still love those old sets :blush: They had that spirit or something. Great rewier, keep it up

Captain Becker

This was the only Train set I had and I think it was one of the good ones. Although seemingly simple because its a push-along, it has a realy nice balance between looks and playability and I feel the designers did a good job. There aren't many comparitive sets in the Lego range, 7710 as mentioned, which while similar has a less polished loco design and 10173 Holiday train which has more parts making a lot more'stuff', but to my mind loses out because the parts are too stretched out over that more 'stuff'. Mind you 10173 was very competitivly priced compared to 7715 when you take into account inflation over the years.

Thanks for the review!

I think this train is pretty much a classic. The design is essential but definitely good, there is room for adding your own details on the interiors. Personally I never liked the colour scheme (I prefer the blue-yellow of 7710) which is a bit too strong and makes it look too much toy-like, but maybe that's just me. The locomotive is however definitely an improvement over 7710 (that's basically the only improvement, but 7710 was already good itself).

Just a note: how can this really be 150$ second hand nowadays? :wacko: It's not even motorized...

Just a note: how can this really be 150$ second hand nowadays? :wacko: It's not even motorized...

The average bricklink sales price over the last 6 months was $115. You have to be a bit careful with

numbers like that because bricklink doesn't tell us if those were complete or incomplete sets.

In comparison, the lowest price currently available on BL is $255, more than twice the recent average,

priced to make sure it won't sell (then again, it costs nothing to list something on BL).

The price on eBay can vary drastically, buying something like this at a good price requires a lot

of patience.

Edited by hoeij

Maybe a bit too high, the 2d hand prices. But on the other hand, set is rare. More then 3 years ago. But I've lowered the 2d hand prices now a bit lower.

Edited by AFOL12v

The average bricklink sales price over the last 6 months was $115. You have to be a bit careful with

numbers like that because bricklink doesn't tell us if those were complete or incomplete sets.

In comparison, the lowest price currently available on BL is $255, more than twice the recent average,

priced to make sure it won't sell (then again, it costs nothing to list something on BL).

The price on eBay can vary drastically, buying something like this at a good price requires a lot

of patience.

Ok I see, if Bricklink is the reference then yes it makes sense :sadnew:

I bought a 2nd-hand 7710 in great condition (practically new except dusty) for ~60e on eBay, so that 150 seemed way out of line.

Pic's are complete now. Nowadays it standing model for the Spiderman bridge which must still be build. Hopefully next year, the building will begin.

d_-_7715_on_the_not_build_bridge.jpg_thumb.jpg

And with a red 12v motor, the set is more worth then 250 usa dollars :tongue: .

I'm going to build some of these wagon to add with de Yellow/blue one of the other without motor set.

I still have one of these sets in the cupboard, I got it as a present after the ear surgery I had when I was 5. My favorite Lego set for a very long time!