Infomaniac

"What happens when you mess with the physics of it all?"

"What happens when you mess with the physics of it all?"

4935875228_d41983f553_z.jpg

It was my distinct pleasure to go and see Inception about 3 weeks ago with a good friend who simply raved about the movie. I fell in love the second it started. I loved it so much I saw it again a few weeks later with another group of friends, and it was even better the second time.

I really wanted to build something from this movie, to show my devotion. I was considering the elevator scene, until I saw that a few builders way better than I had already done that part. I settled on the scene where gravity alters a city street. To get the full effect pause this trailer at 43 seconds.

Trailer

freakin.... sweet.

Loved the movie, and I like this MOC alot! Nice the way you had perspective down (smaller scale farther away)

I almost pooped my pants when I saw this. This is amazing! Is it one MOC, or did you photo shop it. I need to see your whole setup to really admire it. Mind sharing a zoomed out picture? :sweet:

That's an amazing creation, indeed! :thumbup: Love the idea as I loved the movie so there's jut one thing to say: BRAVO! :cry_happy:

When I first read the title and before I saw the photo, the first thing that popped out of my mind was Christopher Nolan's Inception, and I was right! Wow, that's truly a wonderful and very unique creation Infomaniac! :thumbup: I simply love it. :wub:

Wow, spectacular! Ever since I saw the movie a few weeks ago, I've wanted to make a MOC from it. Maybe I will soon, this is certainly inspiring. Now if only you could somehow replicate the thousands of objects floating in midair...default_tong.gif

I like how you slowly scaled down as the distance between the camera lens and the back of the MOC increases. First regular scale, then a sort of "midi" scale, and then finally mini. Well done.

wow, instantly recognizable. Good Job! :laugh:

Hello!

Even people like me who didn't see the movie (yet) recognize this scene as it was very popular in the trailers. :classic: What I find most impressive is the perspective/angle of the scene where you shrinked down the scale of buildings and cars the more far away they are. Excellently done! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

That's absolutely brilliant and instantly recognisable. You've done a fantastic job with the perspective too.

Most impressive. Excellent build and photography.

This is the my favorite among all the 'Inception' inspired MOCs I've seen so far. Excellent job and great forced perspective. :thumbup:

Looking forward to more fantastic work from you. :sweet:

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant! It's no wonder that Nolan's great movie inspires people to recreate scenes from it, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they're well executed. This one is - without the use of movie tricks :)

Very nicely done. I don't know much about this movie but I really like the way you capture and illustrate the entire effects.

This is now blogged in,

See it on Classic-Town.net