WhiteFang

Eurobricks Raffle and Mystery Treasure Hunt

Eurobricks Raffle and Mystery Treasure Hunt

gallery_4229_64_95085.jpg

*Click the image above to find out who are the 16 lucky winners*

The Raffle and Mystery Treasure Hunt:

Hey everyone, I am back to bring you more new and exciting challenges for our Eurobricks Community to celebrate the continuation of the incredible LEGO Collectible Minifigures, Series 2!

What do you need to find?

As the title implies, this contest is a combination of a "Raffle", a "Mystery" and a "Hunt". This means that in order to participate in this free raffle giveaway, you are required to participate in a hunt which revolves around finding some mysterious minifigures. We are not asking our members to solve cryptic puzzles or decipher codes; this merely requires a keen sense of instinct and accuracy to locate the complete 16 images of the Minifigs from Series 2 hidden around the Eurobricks Forum. Simply find the image and link to the post the image is in. Post links can be found in the top right hand corner of every post, eg #6. Once you have all 16, send them to DarkFang in the format laid out below.

Clues and Picture Openings

The schedule below will be updated as each random minifigure is revealed with its corresponding clue. Please follow it carefully and try to locate the images as they are revealed. Each image can be found in a post by any member somewhere in the forums; it could literally be anywhere, in any random topic! Sounds hard, right? But, I am sure you will figure it out soon enough, and you'll have some clues to help. I will set aside a reasonable amount of time for each window to give our members enough time to search for the given images in the forum. So, please watch out for any updates in the first post.

All of the images were put in place before we launched the contest. None will be found in this topic. Please note though that we might change some of the clues for one reason or another, so don't discount new topics, but you can discount every topic that is specifically about this Raffle.

Vampire - 1st window [26th AUGUST 2010 at 0830HRS, GMT +8]

1.jpg [[He's home playing Mahjong.]

Traffic Cop - 2nd window [27th AUGUST 2010 at 0830HRS, GMT +8]

2.jpg [He's hanging around with some fellow motorcycle cops, but unlike him in this review they are armless.]

Pop Star - 3rd window [28th AUGUST 2010 at 1230HRS, GMT +8]

3.jpg [Where can the Pop Star get a good skirt? It can be found in a tutorial.]

Skier - 4th window [29th AUGUST 2010 at 1300HRS, GMT +8]

4.jpg [11 Skis... but no skiers, did he find in this review.]

Spartan - 5th window [30th AUGUST 2010 at 0830HRS, GMT +8]

5.jpg [Take a search for the closest LEGO set there is to a Spartan action figure.]

Witch - 6th window [31st AUGUST 2010 at 0800HRS, GMT +8]

6.jpg

[it's a witch! As we all know, the best way to deal with witches is to hunt them and put them on trial for their crimes. This noble witch is suitably found paying for its crimes in such a place.]

DJ - 7th window [1st SEPTEMBER 2010 at 0900HRS, GMT +8]

7.jpg

[The DJ went to PSM-2 as he heard DJ Force was there but he didn't get what he expected in the Sci-Fi forum.]

Ringmaster - 8th window [2nd SEPTEMBER 2010 at 0830HRS, GMT +8]

8.jpg [Oh god, please help me find my circus. Last I heard it was in a contest MOC.]

Karate Master - 9th window [3rd SEPTEMBER 2010 at 0830HRS, GMT +8]

9.jpg [Oh Faster than a speeding rocket he decended to the ocean floor to meet a famous karate expert in a review.]

Pharaoh - 10th window [4th SEPTEMBER 2010 at 1730HRS, GMT +8]

10.jpg [i can't tell you where he is; it's forbidden. But I can tell you it's in a review.]

Weightlifter - 11th window [5th SEPTEMBER 2010 at 1600HRS, GMT +8]

11.jpg [He's off in a review to prove he doesn't need venom to be the strongest.]

Surfer - 12th window [6th SEPTEMBER 2010 at 0830HRS, GMT +8]

12.jpg [A lot of people would want him to be their sigfig. Can be found in a discussion.]

Mexican - 13th window [7th SEPTEMBER 2010 at 0900HRS, GMT +8]

13.jpg [He likes to roams the streets of his village. Can be found in a MOC.]

Mime Artist - 14th window [8th SEPTEMBER 2010 at 0830HRS, GMT +8]

14.jpg

[Poor Mime, why must you be sad? You look so miserable, but at least you've found a friend to cry with. Maybe you could both wear your happy faces instead?]

Lifeguard - 15th window [9th SEPTEMBER 2010 at 0830HRS, GMT +8]

15.jpg [After failing to find a beach paradise to work on she went to a review about a poolside one.]

Jungle Explorer - 16th window [10th SEPTEMBER 2010 at 0430HRS, GMT +8]

16.jpg [is ready to take to the skies in a review.]

*IMPORTANT NOTE: EACH MEMBER CAN ONLY ENTER A SUBMISSION ONCE. OPEN TO ALL EUROBRICKS MEMBERS (EXCEPT STAFF) REGISTERED BEFORE OR ON 26th AUGUST 2010*

PM Format

Eurobricks members who are interested in this hunt are to follow this PM format strictly when entering. Please enter only once, with all of the minifigures listed in order. Please note that the title of the PM has to be state in this manner, "EB Raffle and Mystery Treasure Hunt", to make sure I don't mix up with other PMs.

I would like to participate in the Eurobricks Raffle and Mystery Treasure Hunt.

1) *Insert the name of the Collectible Minifig* [insert Link to post]

2)

*continue down to number 16*

The Rules

1. Read all of the above sections again to make sure you understand the game concept.
  2. You need to have at least 10 posts in order to activate your Private Message (PM) feature.
  3. If I find out that the recent 10 posts is not up to ideal posting standards based on our Eurobricks Guidelines, I will not hesitate to take actions against your account.
  4. Sending multiple PMs to my inbox will result in immediate disqualification.
  5. All inquires and doubts are to be addressed in this topic. Do not send PMs to my inbox for answers.
  6. Your submitted raffle entry will be eligible once you have obtained all 16 images with links to the posts they are found in. Post links can be found in the top right hand corner of each post, eg #6.
  7. My inbox will likely be flooded during this period. To curb this, I will acknowledge the PM by replying to it, and then "deleting" it. I will place the members' user id that got the links correct into the magic cauldron for us to draw from. It's a completely random process.
  8. Do not attempt to drop the answers/links in any of the Eurobricks topics, public forums, etc. I will not hesitate to terminate your account if I find anyone breaking this. I have zero tolerance for cheating, so do not test me. However, very subtle hints may be allowed if I don't find it "obvious" enough.
  9. No bumping or revive the clue topics on purpose unless you have something important to tell.
  10. Staff decisions are final.
  11. Any violation of the rules will be subject to disqualification.

The Prizes!

After the hunt is closed, the Eurobricks Staff will draw random lots from the pool of submitted eligible entries and will pull out a total of 16 lucky winners. What prizes do they stand to win, you ask? Courtesy of the Eurobricks Staff, we are giving away 1 random LEGO Collectible Minifigures Series 2 figure each from 1 complete set. No, you can't choose what you want to have. It is "random".

The winners are to pm their address to me, so I can ship the prize to you. :wink:

It's that simple!

Eurobricks Raffle and Mystery Treasure Hunt Deadline

All interested Eurobricks participants must send in their entries via PM to DarkFang by 19th September 0100hrs (GMT +8). If you have not sent the PMs to DarkFang by then, your submission will be disqualified. Please take note of the deadline of the timing. I know there are various time zone and stuff like that. To make things simple and easier for me to follow, I am following the timezone in Singapore which is 19th September (Sunday) ending at 1am exactly.

Exceptions made [Raffles Submission]

To give more people a chance, while not making the people who found them all feel unrewarded, we have decided to allow Eurobricks members who are missing one (and only one) answer, or to put it another way, 15 out of 16 found images/windows also enter but at a lower chance of selection. You will need to specify which is the window that cannot be found. Depending on the amount of responses we receive we might allow people with two missing to enter as well, but for now it's just those that are "so near, yet so far"...

Final exceptions made [Raffles Submission]

To give more people a chance to participate, while not making the people who found them all feel unrewarded, we have decided for the very last time to allow Eurobricks members who are missing one or two answers to enter but at a lower chance of selection. You will need to specify which is/are the window/s that cannot be found.

16 out of 16 windows correct entitles 7 raffles chances

15 out of 16 windows correct entitles 3 raffles chances

14 out of 16 windows correct entitles 1 raffle chance

Please use this thread for any further discussion or questions pertaining to this Eurobricks Raffle and Mystery Treasure Hunt. Good luck!

Have fun searching!

WhiteFang and the Eurobricks Team

Great that this has finally started. Just to be clear we send the PM with all the post links after all 16 have been revealed?

Great that this has finally started. Just to be clear we send the PM with all the post links after all 16 have been revealed?

Yes. Send the PM to my inbox once I have revealved all of the windows. Make sure you place them in the right order. I will verify them one by one.

So are the topics fairly recent or 16 pages deep?

Topics are based on the "clues given" and it's not based on the recency of topics, so practically if you have been in Eurobricks on a daily basis reading here and there, you will be able to find most of it with ease. However, some of the clues can be quite challenging and that's the whole purpose of "Mystery Hunt".

This looks like it's going to be fun, and also a great way to get members to look at some topics that they might have never seen before!

Many thanks for giving all of us a chance to win a free minifig, WhiteFang! :sweet:

One question, is there a certain title that we should put on our PMs, like "Mystery Treasure Hunt Entry"?

Edited by ILikePi

One question, is there a certain title that we should put on our PMs, like "Mystery Treasure Hunt Entry"?

Ah, that is an excellent point. I have added this in the first post. Please this PM title instead, "Eurobricks Raffle and Mystery Hunt". :blush:

So are the topics fairly recent or 16 pages deep?

The ones I made are all easily findable by doing a search.

"Eurobricks Raffle and Mystery Treasure Hunt" is too long of a PM title... it goes to "Eurobricks Raffle and Mystery Treasure H"

I know I don't send it yet, but I started a draft.

The ones I made are all easily findable by doing a search.

Shhhh... You should not tell the rest about this. It's supposed to be a "secret". :grin:

"Eurobricks Raffle and Mystery Treasure Hunt" is too long of a PM title... it goes to "Eurobricks Raffle and Mystery Treasure H"

I know I don't send it yet, but I started a draft.

That's very fast for a draft. Please change it to "EB Raffle and Mystery Treasure Hunt" instead. I will update the first post.

Shhhh... You should not tell the rest about this. It's supposed to be a "secret". :grin:

:tongue: True. But I just had this mental picture of members checking 40,000 topics hoping to get lucky.

Well this is a fun little activity put together, thanks to WF (and the staff)! I will surely have a good time seeking out these hidden pictures. default_thumbup.gif

Good guess. You are almost right on this. :tongue:

Ha! I knew it would be something like this. It sounds exciting and challenging. However, I don't understand how the 'windows' work. Are you going to remove the clue after a certain period? Or is it like an advent calendar and a new minifig and clue are revealed every day?

This sounds fun. I haven't done any mystery hunts for awhile. Thank you staff for making this fun little activity! :classic:

However, I don't understand how the 'windows' work. Are you going to remove the clue after a certain period? Or is it like an advent calendar and a new minifig and clue are revealed every day?

The whole purpose of having the "windows" period is meant to facilitate our members to have enough time to search for the given clues and allowing members later who just see this hunt to join in later stages, without being overwhelmed. The clues and images will not be removed. It will be revealing slowly based on the given time which I have stated.

Sounds interesting...

But I don't understand today you can find only Vampire or any other minifig without its clue?

But I don't understand today you can find only Vampire or any other minifig without its clue?

I am releasing the different minifigs' images and clues on a window period. The next random minifigs images is indicate for the 2nd window based on the given timing. The earlier images and clues will not disappear. I hope I have make myself clear to all of you.

Are the posts where the pictures are hidden by random people? Or are they all contained within posts of the staff of Eurobricks?

The posts can be made by anyone within Eurobricks. The clues are supposed and meant for helping you to narrow your search. Some of the clues might be a little vague but it's better than having no clues at all.

Are the posts where the pictures are hidden by random people? Or are they all contained within posts of the staff of Eurobricks?

Hidden by staff in posts by any member.

cool! I loved hunting for the first to and Siegfried's hint really helped :tongue:

One question though, is there supposed to be a picture for the second hint or not?

One question though, is there supposed to be a picture for the second hint or not?

Not yet.

Well, nice contest ;) I also found the first one. That wasn't very hard! A good starter I think!