Sign in to follow this  
Adam the Ant

Star Wars: The Old Republic Lego

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

With Star Wars: The Old Republic being released within a year's time (hopefully :tongue: ) do you think that there will be any Lego sets released based around the game or the Old Republic period?

At the moment lots of information has yet to be released, but they have recently unveiled starships and so far have put up information about two of them LINK a Corellian Defender-Class Light Corvette and Fury-Class Imperial Interceptor. They both have 360 degree views, pictures and a video with views of interior and exterior, so I thought I may have a go at building one of them, at the moment I think I'll try the Defender, as the sides could have some good greebling and I like the look of the large engines on the back.

So what do you think of Old Republic sets and will you build any models based on the game or have you already?

I would hope that they do, but as lego are focusing on the clone wars more than anything else (canon or non-canon)and as that can be watched by more people than would have the game it would be less accessible to children. So it would be unlikely :hmpf_bad: , but i do hope so. Answering your question about mocs, I may build something based on the game most likely from these 2 trailers Deceived and Hope.

Thanks, cb

Edited by crabboy329

I would hope that they do, but as lego are focusing on the clone wars more than anything else (canon or non-canon)and as that can be watched by more people than would have the game it would be less accessible to children. So it would be unlikely :hmpf_bad: , but i do hope so. Answering your question about mocs, I may build something based on the game most likely from these 2 trailers Deceived and Hope.

Thanks, cb

I think the attack on the Jedi Temple would make a great MOC, a damaged spaceship lying in the ruins of the main entrance, surrounded by fighting Sith and Jedi :thumbup: Also, I agree that a series based on The Old Republic is unlikely, but we can always hope :sweet:

Shouldn't this be discussed in the 'What Star Wars Sets Would You like to See?' thread?

For the record, I don't think TOR fits into TLG's kiddie line of sets, and most AFOLs would rather see OT or post-Republic EU.

Well, they released a ship to "The Force Unleashed" ... so I hope they do the same for "The Old Republic" ... more expanded universe stuff ... weeee!

While it would be really neat if Lego did make sets, the fact is that they won't. Besides the Rogue Shadow, Lego has never made a Lego set based off of a Star Wars video game. But, I know that people here will make some amazing MOC's which I can't wait for.

While it would be really neat if Lego did make sets, the fact is that they won't. Besides the Rogue Shadow, Lego has never made a Lego set based off of a Star Wars video game. But, I know that people here will make some amazing MOC's which I can't wait for.

I agree it's unlikely that there will be an sets, but yes I can't wait to see what MOCs people will come up with. I'm keeping my eye on the game and what information comes out and I'll have an attempt at a model soon.

I hope so i'd very much like to see a Republic trooper minifigure. :blush: But seeing as how this is an MMO the chances are probably slim. :sad:

I completely agree, also with the popularitt of the tv show, those are instant sellers. The video game doesn't hit as many kids, which are of course TLG 's main target market.

For the record, I don't think TOR fits into TLG's kiddie line of sets, and most AFOLs would rather see OT or post-Republic EU.

I do agree.