fred67

Curves on Plates

I found this article on a technique for making more "realistic" tracks, but was wondering if the only way to get curves on base plates is to "float" them using tiles, and wondering if that's what most people do.

With all do respect to Dave, too.

Edited by fred67

I found this article on a technique for making more "realistic" tracks, but was wondering if the only way to get curves on base plates is to "float" them using tiles, and wondering if that's what most people do.

if you don't mind the track raising for the curve you can just float it on studs, but it will raise your track by the height of the studs.

here is a picture of the corner of my layout

mark

Edited by Chumley

I'm pretty sure on of the US LTCs had a diagram online of the studs that lined up under the curves, and where jumper plates and 2x2 turntables could be used to get greater connection, but I can't find it at the moment. The rest was mostly supported by tiles as in your examples though.