Masked Builder

Midi-Scale Venator

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Okay so I spent at least 3 months working on this. I finally have it done enough to post it here. I do need a few parts to finish it....

Stats:

40 Studs Long

14 Studs wide

10 Studs Tall

It's 2644th scale. Yikes it's tiny!

Reference picture:

Venpro.jpg

4827062195_f73b90f828_z.jpg

It has the hanger on the bottom just not shown here. Turns out the way I built it makes it quite fragile.

I'm always looking for feedback on how to improve my models. :sweet:

Masked

Edited by Masked Builder

Very nice creation - yep, shrink the front by a plate thickness and you'll have just about spot on ! :thumbup:

Great work and I'm a conformist! 'Masked Builder' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

You need to slope the bottom hull upwards to meet the top hull. More like....

...this: :tongue:

4916833679_f2e3968f16.jpg

You need to slope the bottom hull upwards to meet the top hull. More like....

...this: :tongue:

-snip-

Didn't he already do that?

Anyways, I agree that it's a little to fat. Other than that it's A-Okay. :thumbup:

It looks pretty good to me, I'm not much of a Venator expert but I think you got the overall look right, considering the limitations of the scale you worked on. I agree with the mob that you should either decrease the thickness of the front or raise the rear thickness. Another improvement might be the use of dark red tiles in the middle instead of the dark red plates.

Didn't he already do that?

Anyways, I agree that it's a little to fat. Other than that it's A-Okay. :thumbup:

No, look at the side view. The middle of the bottom hull is parallel to the middle of the top.

Very nice creation - yep, shrink the front by a plate thickness and you'll have just about spot on ! :thumbup:

Great work and I'm a conformist! 'Masked Builder' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I'm not sure what you mean..

Another improvement might be the use of dark red tiles in the middle instead of the dark red plates.

Those are some of the parts I need to finish it. :grin:

You need to slope the bottom hull upwards to meet the top hull.

Yours was quite an inspiration to me. I'll have to see about sloping it. The way I built it I may not be able too...

Thanks all!

Sure the nose is a tad bulky but I personally think it looks great, especially being something where there is no official set to copy.

Wow nice MOC Masked Builder. The only thing that I think needs changing is the bridge you need to move it back a stud or two. Anyway Realy nice Midi Scale Venator :classic:. Far better than I could make

Edited by Darth Jar Jar

Great work Masked, buddy! Congrats on making it to the front page :laugh:

Nose is little too squared off personally but looks like you made front page so I can't complain too much. ;)

Hello!

Very good attempt at a mid-scaled Venator. :classic: Personally, I don't find the thickness disturbing as it enables you to include many great details as you did. But something in the proportions looks slightly confusing - the gap in the middle seems too long. If I may suggest, I would shorten it about two studs. :classic: This shouldn't be a big problem looking at your building skills. :wink:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Edited by Legostein