Sign in to follow this  
Soulgem

Custom Lego Bag

Hey people. If this is the wrong forum, then I apologize. I'd like to show a project I started (and finished today). My nephew has a lot of bricks and they are just lying in random boxes. When I was in Legoland, I was looking for something similar to my old official Lego Sack. But I don't think TLG is making them anymore. I thought, "how hard can it be to make one?"

And here is the result:

I cut out a piece of denim slightly bigger than my old bag.

bricksack2.jpg

Green border. The oldschool Lego colors are red, white, blue, yellow and black. Not green. But it looks ok I think.

bricksack1.jpg

bricksack3.jpg

It's roughly 1m in diameter.

bricksack4.jpg

Now my old bag has a Lego label, but I thought an "official" bag should actually have the logo. So I cut out a piece of label from my nephews old Lego clothes. I hope I don't get a cease and desist letter from TLG now. It was just for fun :wink: Should I ever make more of these, I'm making my own logo or name for it. Brick Bag? Brick Sack? :hmpf_bad:

bricksack5.jpg

Rivets. Never done those before, but it turned out ok. I see I maybe should have had them the other way. Also, I could have had the rivets a bit closer to the edge. I'm also considering adding more rivets.

bricksack7.jpg

bricksack6.jpg

Next to my old Lego Sack.

bricksack8.jpg

bricksack9.jpg

bricksack10.jpg

Materials were probably a lot more expensive than I can get them if I do an effort. The materials that make up the sack were around $60.

I'm sure there are others who have made something similar, but let me know what you think anyway :)

Edited by Soulgem

That looks very very good! The whole thing is even awesomer since you actually made it. $60 buck though may make it hard to mass produce or in your case to semi produce.

Have you thought of using cheaper materials? Maybe using old bags you no longer use and making them into something similar? Do you have sewing experience :tongue: ?

Either way i'm truly impressed! :thumbup::classic:

That looks very very good! The whole thing is even awesomer since you actually made it. $60 buck though may make it hard to mass produce or in your case to semi produce.

Have you thought of using cheaper materials? Maybe using old bags you no longer use and making them into something similar? Do you have sewing experience :tongue: ?

Either way i'm truly impressed! :thumbup::classic:

Thanks. I can definitely get the materials down probably 50%, there were high grade, expensive stuff. I'm probably going to try again soon, cheaper materials, and a few variations.

I have no particular sewing experience, other than knowing how the machine works, but it wasn't that difficult.

Fantastic. I love it, I am a sucker for a good DIY project, but you knocker this out of the park.

It looks awesome, I can hardly tell the difference.