Scrat

MOC: ST40s / NEWAG 311Da

traintech1.jpg

PKP Class ST40 is a new class of cargo diesel-electric locomotives used by the broad-gauge division PKP LHS and diverse Polish private operators. It is designated 311D (standard gauge) or 311Da (broad gauge) by its manufacturer Newag. The locomotive itself is a heavily reconstructed old Russian M62 (PKP ST44), with only original chassis left, while body is all new, and main engine is General Electric power pack. Original traction engines were also modernized, as ED118 A GE. The locomotive is much more economical and modern than a basic M62. The body has external passages instead of internal passages connecting the cabs.

The first locomotive was modernized in 2007. As of January 2009, there were 20 locomotives 311D completed (15 for PCC Rail and 5 for the Baltic Railways) and 6 broad-gauge 311Da for PKP LHS, where they are designated ST40s.

(source)

00small.jpg

311Da.jpg

(source: newag.pl)

01.jpg_thumb.jpg 02.jpg_thumb.jpg 03.jpg_thumb.jpg 04.jpg_thumb.jpg 05.jpg_thumb.jpg 06.jpg_thumb.jpg

flickr

brickshelf

AWESOME 'Scrat' just simply AWESOME ! :grin:

You have caught every angle perfectly on the real one and relayed it to this Lego MOC ! :thumbup:

I'm a conformist! 'Scrat' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Very nice Scrat. I like the colors. You did a really nice job on the curved front-end design without the use of any specialized pieces. That's always impressive. I see that you've added two 9V motors that certainly adds a lot of power to this blue beauty.

I think this deserves a front-paging. Great job! :thumbup:

Great Job 'Scrat'! :thumbup:

I like how sleek the whole MOC is

What really stands out is the awesome idea you used for the railings! Great Idea

Wow that's one of the most beautiful Locs I've ever seen. Not only the real design looks great but you moc represents the train perfectly. The train is like a mixture of European and American design, I really like blue and wish lego would make a loc like this.