Number: 7295

Theme: Dino 2010

Year: 2005

Pieces: 83

Minifigs: 1

Price: bought it on EBay, I think the original price was about 15€

Brickset

peeron

Like I said before, I bought this set on EBay awhile ago.

It's the european version, so no guns with the sets. Maybe you can talk the dinos to sleep :laugh:

I like the Dinosaur for what it is, a big Action Figure. I'm still looking for the Big T-Rex for a good price, didn't find anything yet.

On the other side, the Lego side, the Dinosaur is ridiculous. His looks just don't fit the Lego world. As a stand-alone figure it is pretty nice, in combination with Lego it's :thumbdown:

So the vehicle should be great you think? Let's see some pictures.

The Instructions

I didn't get the Box from Ebay, so there is only the instructions with the same CGI'ed picture

01instructions.jpg

And a random page.

02randompage.jpg

At the end of the instructions is an advert page of all the other Dino 2010 sets. Looks pretty cool.

03advert.jpg

Now the set. First the Dinosaur. Love it or hate it.

04dino.jpg

The Minifigure

The real winner in this set. He looks great. Nice Torso, fantastic camouflaged face. Fantastic figure.

05minifig.jpg

The rope

In europe you get instead of guns some other "useful" accessory like cages or in this case a rope with two hooks. Judge for yourself what is better to have in front of an hungry dinosaur :devil:

06rope.jpg

The Buggy

Easy and quick build. Nothing special.

Front

07buggyfront.jpg

Side

08buggyside.jpg

Back

09buggyback.jpg

Steering wheel

10buggywheel.jpg

Engine

I really like this part of the buggy.

11buggyengine.jpg

The Driver and his ride.

12prouddriver.jpg

Complete Set

13complete.jpg

Bonus: How to catch a dinosaur.

14captured.jpg

Rating

Set 6/10

If you will start a collection of this theme it is a good start. The Buggy could be a little big for a town layout but the look would fit. The dinosaur is nicely articulated but won't stay on studs for a long time. He looks cool but is not Lego anymore.

Playability 7/10

Vehicle vs. Dinosaur. No defense. Sounds limited but there is still some playability left.

Parts 5/10

Nothing special, besides the rope in my opinion.

Minifig 9/10

The Minifig is just great. :thumbup:

Build 5/10

Quick and easy. No special techniques or difficult sections.

Price 10/10 (Ebay price I paid) 7/10 (original)

There are only a few parts so the price could be a letdown. The cheaper you can get it the better it is.

Overall 6/10

If you're interested in this theme it's an OK set. For anybody else it is pretty weak. The build is nothing special, the same for the parts and the dinosaur only appeal to a few.

Edited by Peppermint_M

Dino Attack is way better. Even then, I still like this set a lot. Dino Attack was one of my favourite themes :thumbup:

Good first review Plissken. This is a pretty decent small set for its price back then, but there are a lot of issues in this one - the out-of-placed missized Dino and the badly-designed buggy. The only bright spot is the rather cool camouflaged face. And it's the first time I've known EU sets are supposed to be 'gunless'.

Thanks for the review 'Plissken' - that buggy is too COOL with that roll cage and high powered engine ! :grin:

Great minifig too ! :thumbup:

I wish I was out of my dark times a few years earlier ! :blush:

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

This is the only Dino Attack set I owned, and the only one I really wanted besides the giant helicopter. I think it's a decent set (though the American version was better imo). It's a shame Dino Attack was so short lived. Nice review!

Thanks for the review! :classic:

I definitely regret not buying this (Or the American version) when it was out. It was only $10 and it could easily be double that price if it were released today.

Thanks for the review! :classic:

I definitely regret not buying this (Or the American version) when it was out. It was only $10 and it could easily be double that price if it were released today.

I agree, it's damn shame I never got these any of the dino attack sets when they were in store, the dino, the buggy and the minifig they all look so great. Well there is always the hope that TLC will revive the Dino theme with a Jurassic Park license if they make a fourth movie.

I had an opportunity to buy this set about a year ago, but passed because the dinosaur looked so horrible. Thanks for the informative review; I'm not too gone on the buggy either so my original decision was a good one. It would need to be very cheap for me to get it now.

I hadn't known that the set was different in America. I wonder why the European version was changed. It's not like other European lines don't have guns.

Huh, We are well into 2010 yet I see no Dinopocalypse...

Thanks for the review! I remmeber buying this set when I was on vacation in florida, It was definatly a cool set.

Well, I bought the Dino Attack version, but still.

I have this. I just dont have the rope with the grapples, nor do I remember the cage pieces for the rest. Is there some sort of American Dino sets and rest of the world dino sets?

Nice little review you've got here. I must admit some of the UK stuff looks better then the US sets. :grin:

I have this. I just don't have the rope with the grapples, nor do I remember the cage pieces for the rest. Is there some sort of American Dino sets and rest of the world Dino sets?

No the US got the gun versions and the rest of the world got Dino 2010.

This is the only set (USA version) in the theme I never bought, I don't know why I never got it. It was 50%+ like the rest of the theme, just never got around to it.

The set was 10 Euro, or should have been. This set was $10, the big hummer was $20.