BrickWild

LEGO Executive Jet

Strange how the company had a Lear Jet in the 1970s... but the LEGO Lear Jet set was only sold in USA/Canada (a few years later)...

455-1.jpg

... although the 657 Executive Jet was sold everywhere else (besides USA/Canada)...

657-1.jpg

That is very strange. I really like the white plane, but the blue one looks weird.

Edited by The Blue Brick

What an excellent thread.

That 63 Piper PA-23 Aztec (OY-FAV) is a thing of beauty! Glad to see it's in a museum and back in the original LEGO livery.

Very interesting, I wasn't aware they had their own jet. That set looks great, too bad its an exclusive one...

Strange how the company had a Lear Jet in the 1970s... but the LEGO Lear Jet set was only sold in USA/Canada (a few years later)...

455-1.jpg

Funny how a week later I found the mint parts to build 5 of these USA/Canada planes in my basement (sticker, but no box/instr.) I had bought 30 of these back in the early 1980s on clearance... and since we're on the discussion of these this week... I'm giving the 5 away with my DVD purchase...

unfortunatly that is the only interior photo I could find but did find this photo which shows that the aircraft now has the lego logo on the outside

0913388.jpg

My dad works on these for a living. Falcon 900's are beautiful planes!

Wouldn't be surprised if the Falcon 900 was for high execs, while the Piper was for the owners or even higher execs.

I don't know if this is the place to ask for this, but I can't recall having seen a separate topic for the Inside Tour exclusive Piper jet. Not long after the pictures of the set surfaced, LEGO uploaded the instructions to their Customer Service webpages (if I'm not badly mistaken), but they were removed soon after - the links I've found on other websites don't work anymore. I didn't download them, but I'd love to build a copy for myself. So, my question is: Did anybody else react quickly enough to download the instructions? And if so, can I please have a copy? :)