Sign in to follow this  
danthaman11

Value retired sealed vs. opened stare wars set

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

I need a little help on the valued of a sealed star wars set versus a new star wars set that was opened but all the pieces were new and in the plastic bags. I sold a 6211 Imperial Star Destroyer on Ebay it was new misb. The box was in excellent condition for $195.00. I shipped it internationally to Canada from the U.S. and the buyer is claiming that the box is great but the factory seals were opened on one side. I am assuming it was opened in customs. Does opening decrease the value signifcantly? He wants me to fix the issue of the box not being sealed but I can't control the mail. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

I need a little help on the valued of a sealed star wars set versus a new star wars set that was opened but all the pieces were new and in the plastic bags. I sold a 6211 Imperial Star Destroyer on Ebay it was new misb. The box was in excellent condition for $195.00. I shipped it internationally to Canada from the U.S. and the buyer is claiming that the box is great but the factory seals were opened on one side. I am assuming it was opened in customs. Does opening decrease the value signifcantly? He wants me to fix the issue of the box not being sealed but I can't control the mail. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

most lego seals fail over time. If you are certain they were sealed when shipped then probably customs. You can't help that but should offer refund for returned set if buyer requests.

He must be a misb collector otherwise it wouldn't be an issue ?

In short, yes.

On BL, the cheapest opened complete 6211 is $125; the cheapest MISB 6211 is $180.

most lego seals fail over time. If you are certain they were sealed when shipped then probably customs. You can't help that but should offer refund for returned set if buyer requests.

He must be a misb collector otherwise it wouldn't be an issue ?

Thanks for your help and the suggestions. What is the definition accepted definition of a sealed set in the Lego community? I've never personally seen a perfect lego set box there are always flaws slight discolorations, scratches on the box minor wear etc.

Thanks for your help and the suggestions. What is the definition accepted definition of a sealed set in the Lego community? I've never personally seen a perfect lego set box there are always flaws slight discolorations, scratches on the box minor wear etc.

I collect other toys and saying something is sealed is one thing. But MISB (mint in sealed box) is a totally different thing.

One toy line I collect is Macross (not robotech). There is a toy that came packed 4 per carton. It was a big toy so rather packed in a row, they were packed at each corner. So the chances of getting an absolutely mint box was nigh impossible. I managed to get lucky, but some of my online friend griped and complained that they boxes had corner damage. It is the nature of the beast.